KIC Offseason Blues Party!

gigacoaster2k

The prominent coaster next to SoB was indeed Firehawk, and it was hard to tell what color it was due to the bright sunlight, the screen over the window, and the fact that everything in that direction appeared the usual wintery shade of blah. Check the design of the ride, and you will see that it's not FD that you saw. FD is farther over, and doesn't have the FoF building next to it. ;)

PS. Firehawk is not the one that needs painted! ;)

You must not have been in the same room I was in. The room I was in, you couldn't see the FoF building. What I saw was the right-hand turn and first drop of FD. Unless they switched the ride locations and put FH between GWL and SoB, FD was the dull gray thing in the foreground of SoB.

I agree, that coaster WAAAAYYYY in the background is FH, but the ride in front and to the right of SoB is FD. I don't have a pic because I didn't take any in GWL, but I know what I was looking at.

Now, I'm not saying I don't ride FD. Quite the contrary. I rode it 14 times in one day, but that day it turned into a water ride and there was no line. Most of the time it wasn't just a walk-on, but a stay-on. I just find it to be a boring ride, and way too short for the long hike back there.

Hey, nice pictures of the back of my head...and I'm glad you finally unrolled the poster to see what it was! :lol:

I will start taking better photos once I get a real camera. My cell phone doesn't take the best quality photos.. the camera claims to be 2mp, but I highly doubt that.

I did notice a very tiny rip next to the rubber band. Maybe I shouldn't have been using it to assault people. ;)

Ha. If you actually hit them, that's battery. Assault is putting people in fear of being attacked. Often, they occur together, as in assault and battery.

Yes, but simple assault is considered a tort, not a criminal act. Therefore, civil law determines that I will likely spend less than one year in jail, so it can't be that bad. :)

Don't give up the day job. :) I think you are confusing the difference between misdemeanors and felonies with the difference between civil and criminal law. Assault can be both a civil offense (tort) and a criminal one (prosecuted by the State, county or Federal Government or some combination thereof). In criminal law, it is, as you indicate, usually only a misdemeanor, but not always! :) (Felonies are usually punishable by at least one year in the penitentiary, misdemeanors by up to a year in a jail).

In any event, your actions with a Diamondback poster, threatening that your first ride may be your last, would most probably be interpreted by one and sundry as in jest, and no reasonable person would seriously be afraid! :)

Don't give up the day job. :) I think you are confusing the difference between misdemeanors and felonies with the difference between civil and criminal law. Assault can be both a civil offense (tort) and a criminal one (prosecuted by the State, county or Federal Government or some combination thereof). It is, as you indicate, usually only a misdemeanor, but not always! :)

In any event, your actions with a Diamondback poster, threatening that your first ride may be your last, would most probably be interpreted by one and sundry as in jest, and no reasonable person would seriously be afraid! :)

I'm still learning! Give me a break! :angry::lol:

I always tell people as long as I kick, hit, and insult them, they're OK with me. It's when I start being nice that they have to worry!

Thanks for the pics Avatar... but next time can you photoshop it to make me look thinner. :lol:

I am shocked that you would want that, In my opinion stay the way you are. Now if I was to photoshop anything I would remove the name tag and the homemade KICX tattoo on the top of your hand.

If you want the full size picture just follow the link below and find your picture and click on Download Hi-Res from there you'll have a full size copy and can make the changes if you want.

http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/P39PYe4Z/1009485/3356079

Thanks for taking a pic of Drop Tower for me. It feels as if i am about to take a plunge down 264 feet myself. Thank you.

I was standing there looking longingly at it, and then I said out loud, "Wait.. Jasper wanted a picture!" and a few others around me were like "Oh yeah, he did!" and took photos. :lol: You weren't forgotten at the KIC party! :)

You must not have been in the same room I was in. The room I was in, you couldn't see the FoF building. What I saw was the right-hand turn and first drop of FD. Unless they switched the ride locations and put FH between GWL and SoB, FD was the dull gray thing in the foreground of SoB.

I agree, that coaster WAAAAYYYY in the background is FH, but the ride in front and to the right of SoB is FD. I don't have a pic because I didn't take any in GWL, but I know what I was looking at.

kicoffseasonbluesparty0an2.th.jpg

(click on image for bigger view)

If you are indeed the person that said what I heard in the room at Great Wolf Lodge, here is the picture that I took of the view. Upon inspection you will see Son of Beast's Rose Bowl helix area and mid-course ride killer. To the right of the picture is the Flight of Fear building, and between the two is Firehawk. Off the hill, and from this perspective, it would turn right (on the ride turns left) to go down the hill. The sunlight is such that with the screens, you can't tell the color. Flight Deck would be WAAAAYYYY over to the right of the picture beyond what you can see here. If you could see Flight Deck, you could see Son of Beast's lift hill. So, with all due respect, no, you don't!

Gigacoaster2k, although I understand where you are coming from, do understand that each time someone posts in this thread (as I just did), more and more people will see your truly wonderful trip report and fantastic pictures. The software takes each user to the first unread post.

Terpy, just sayin' (and who has found some truly wonderful stuff on other forums that way...he reads EVERY post here, for a lot of reasons)

Gigacoaster2k, although I understand where you are coming from, do understand that each time someone posts in this thread (as I just did), more and more people will see your truly wonderful trip report and fantastic pictures. The software takes each user to the first unread post.

Terpy, just sayin' (and who has found some truly wonderful stuff on other forums that way...he reads EVERY post here, for a lot of reasons)

Good point. It was just starting to annoy me a tad, that's all.

I have my own Cedar Point PTR bookmarked. Not to sound conceited but I love reading it.

My two and a half days spent there with the coasters I crave and the friends I love is something I will never forget. I got some stellar photos that weekend that I am quite proud of.. I need to get a real camera instead of always utilizing my cell phone. I love to take photographs.. I look like a tourist everywhere I go, I'm one of those people that will do whatever it takes to get the perfect photo.

Good point. It was just starting to annoy me a tad, that's all.

Sorry about that gigacoaster2k. As many forum members here have noticed, I hate being told I'm wrong when I know I'm not. The only trouble is when I'm actually wrong...but this ain't one of 'em. ;)

As you wish...stick a fork in me, I'm done!

Flyer

I wasn't trying to be mean or rude either, I hoped I didn't offend anyone.

I have a tendency to be quite blunt.. I mean no harm.. not that I could do much anyway. :lol:

I didn't take it the wrong way at all! In fact, I haven't taken anything a member has said as rude or hateful for a long time. It has been a lot easier for me to get along with everyone here since I have figured out that italics are much better for emphasizing words than the caps lock key. That never goes over well!

Thanks for sharing the nice photos...like so many others, I am sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you...but at least thanks to Avatar I know what you look like!

Thank you. Those were taken with my cell phone camera.. but, my PTRs will have much nicer photos from now on. I went out for shampoo and ended up buying a Sony Cybershot. :lol: