Kings Island Flooded by Job Applications

CoastersRZ

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^No problem! Relax and treat it like a conversation. Read over the job description on the website and be sure to become familiar with it so you can answer questions that go well with that job description. Best of luck to you!

I got the job! I'm in admissions. I hope to see all of you on Opening Day at the front gate! I feel like I should write a trip report. There were sooooo many people there. A line all the way from the Festhaus back to the front gates. But luckily I saw my old supervisor from rides and asked if I had to wait in the line since I already had an interview and she walked me up to the front. Apparently that was what I was supposed to do but there was no way of knowing. Well inside there were TONS of people waiting in line to fill out applications on the computers they had (like only 10-15). It was a madhouse. I hope everyone else on here got their job too!

I KNOW IT WAS CRAZY...they ended up loosing my application and prescreening papers so i had to do all of that over again, as for my entertainer position, they didnt have any more spots open for trombone so i didnt get that, but I got ride associate! my two rides are Adventure Express and viking furry i got there at 9 am and didnt get done until 4 pm...

That's awesome! Rides is such an amazing experience! But I just want to say, have fun height checking all of the munchkins! :lol::P:lol:

I have a question though. Did you get to choose AE and VF or did they give you a choice between a few crews or did they tell you were you were going to work? Have fun with the Action Zone crew. They/We are/were the best!

no I was allowed to choose anything I wanted and that was the first thing that came out of my mouth, and the interviewer said well if you do AE, then you have to also do VF because its a double position or something like that. so I said that was fine...and as for measuring the little ones, I have to do that with my cousins anyways and they force me to do it every few days to see if they grew any so they can go on the "big rides" lol so im used to that already

^Ohh that's sweet. It looks like a fun ride to work with the small crowds and also working with the little ones is fun. When you are in rides you are "sent" a lot to rides that don't have enough of their crew in to run the ride. I was sent to West Pie which is one of the 4 pies of nickelodeon universe. I got to work at the kiddy bumper cars and it was awesome working with the little ones. I was also sent to Delirium A LOT. I don't know why but everyone hated being a sent there but I loved it. Well I hope you have a blast! See you around the park I guess!

thanks :) im also really looking forward to finally putting some faces with names from on here.I cant wait till the season starts...it still hasnt completely sank in yet that im working there lol...it most likely will when I go to the training sessions lol. im sure I will have a blast, and i think the main reason why I chose AE is i guess because I always pictured myself working that ride if I got a job there lol..dont know why. see you soon!!!not too much time left :D

Unfortunately, a degree is not a guarantee of employment. After my latest attempt, it hasn't made one bit of difference in my career, and now I have more debt. Wasn't worth it.

Networking, and good work ethic is more important these days. You have to start at the bottom, no matter what. My abilities in my current job are not the best, but I think I survived solely because I show up every day, am pleasant (now theres a shocker!), and I do what I'm told, period. Some of my tasks really stink, and I hate it, but my employer doesn't know that. If you are willing to do the tasks no one else wants, that will make you valuable in any job.

Kelli, I completely agree. Sometimes you just have to swallow your pride. After all, supporting yourself, and possibly your family, is the most important thing right now. No matter what, you are going to have to eat s*** and pretend to enjoy it. It's a very sad truth.

okay, thanks a bunch! I'm so excited about my first interview!

My advice, be yourself. Don't be nervous or fidgety. Don't try to act like you think they want you to act. Just be you. The interview is about showcasing you and your strengths and in some cases, your limitations. They can tell when you're laying it on thick. Think of it as a veil. You can see through it, but not well. They can see you under your sugar coatings, but they don't really know what you look and act like.

Also, if you've seen Step Brothers, don't wear a tuxedo to your interview. :P

Signed up to say hi, and thank everyone for the great tips! I filled out an application way back towards the beginning of December, and was pretty excited to see where it went from there. My first choice was Ride Associate, and that is what my interview this morning will be for!

I have been going to Kings Island ever since I can remember, and working there would be an amazing thing. I will come back and post tonight wether I get the job or not, but I am pretty confident, but at the same time a bit nervous.

Once again, thanks for the great tips everyone! I hope to see you on some of your favorite rides this upcoming season. ;)

I'm leaving in 15ish minutes so that I am hopefully ahead of the bulk of the line this morning. Wish me luck and I'll post back when I find out if I got it or not. Thanks!

Good luck!

I will be leaving in about an hour since my interview is at 11.

Will report back, with hopefully good news.

I didn't get it. I got there and all of the positions for 15 year olds were filled. My dad talked with Don and the HR guy and they told me that I should check back in May because that's when positions open up. Even though I didn't get the job, it was still really cool being inside the park. When you turn the corner to go into Festhaus, you can look at Diamondback and see the final helix. It was awesome being able to see it up close like that. It just makes me even more excited about next Sunday!

I was planning to try later in the season as well, for the same reason. Jobs will start opening up, so you'll have a better chance at the position you really want if you aren't fighting the crowd for it. A big chunk of employees will only stay for a month, maybe two. The turnover for new hires is pretty high, especially when they're young and realize they're giving up their summer break to work.

I'm going to aim for late July or August, when people start going back to school. I figure that will give me a good chance at the job choice I want, and also gives me the entire summer free beforehand. If all else fails, I know they're always short on ride ops towards the end of the season so even if I don't get the merch trainer position, then I should at least get to work on a coaster.

Woooot =D

I got the job, I will be working the Fairly Odd Coaster =D

Congrats! I worked there for a day and it was awesome to see all of the little kids so excited! If everything is the same as last year I think you will also work at the little bumper cars and the little cars that go around the track next to Fairly Odd Coaster. Have fun!

Woooot =D

I got the job, I will be working the Fairly Odd Coaster =D

Congrats! I worked there for a day and it was awesome to see all of the little kids so excited! If everything is the same as last year I think you will also work at the little bumper cars and the little cars that go around the track next to Fairly Odd Coaster. Have fun!

Sweet.

I am too excited, gonna be an awesome summer. ;)

A big Congratulations to everyone who got a job at Kings Island for this upcoming season. It is one of the greatest experiences and most rewarding jobs that I have had in my short life, you gain a lot of helpful experience while working at Kings Island! Just remember to work hard, communicate well and be friendly at all opportunities! You all will have a blast!

My sister recently was rewarded a Rides Associate spot at The Beast, so I know the excitement that you all will have! I have seen a lot of it! Good luck to all, and once again, congratulations!

Here's the Dealio: Being 16, I filled out an online application a few days ago and I planned on going to the job fair Sat. or Sun. to get an interview, but I was out of town. Am i too late to get a job due to the huge numbers that attended the Job Fair or do you think i still have a shot if i go in tomorrow and try to get an interview? :unsure:

P.S. (This is my first Post, Booya)