Harry Potter Gas Leak Prompts IOA Evacuation

......... I think some people take some things wayyyy overboard. I really dont think there needs to be a Harry Potter Ride. A book and movie is really all i'd like to hear about it. Whats next, the Twilight coaster?? yuck

I would like to see a rendering of the twilight coaster. HA!

Dont even talk about Twilight.. haha. But really, only good thing was the hott guys in the movie. hah. but if this phenomenon goes on like Harry Potter, which im expecting so, because the harry Potter movie was orginally supposed to be released when the Twilight movie was, but they then switched it. So we might be seeing that hah.

Dont even talk about Twilight.. haha. But really, only good thing was the hott guys in the movie. hah. but if this phenomenon goes on like Harry Potter, which im expecting so, because the harry Potter movie was orginally supposed to be released when the Twilight movie was, but they then switched it. So we might be seeing that hah.

Yes, was not happy when they gave Twilight Harry's spot. Harry should have challenged Edward to a game of quittage for the spot! :lol:

Please keep in mind we are not just talking about a ride but a new highly theme area, ride, restaurant, shops and roaming characters. The Orlando area boards are very excited about the new additions I will be very surprised to see it fail (increased paid gate admissions) at this point, even if it ends up being over hyped. Universal will pay dearly for the name though. One thing for sure is it will be interesting to see how this all shakes out and not just for universal but also for their local competition.

Please keep in mind we are not just talking about a ride but a new highly them area, ride, restaurant, shops and roaming characters. The Orlando area boards are very excited about the new additions I will be very surprised to see it fail (increased paid gate admissions) at this point, even if it ends up being over hyped. Universal will pay dearly for the name though. One thing for sure is it will be interesting to see how this all shakes out and not just for universal but also for their local competition.

Yes, they said it will be on 20 acres of land in the video. I wonder how much Universal had to pay for the rights to the Harry Potter name since it is a Warner Bros. movie?

That possible gas leak is pretty interesting. Universal (at Islands of Adventure) is really betting The Wizarding World of Harry Potter becomes a huge draw for it in Orlando (as most of you probably know, IOA is themed around "islands" and HP is going to become a new "island." The Beast and I were there in December and the construction is really moving forward. I am not a huge HP fan, but I am pretty excited about seeing how they incorporate the HP island between the Jurassic Park and Lost Continent islands. The great coaster Dueling Dragons (currently in the Lost Continent island) is also going to be rethemed to fit in the HP world. I will be really interested to see the visitor numbers for 2010 (and 2011) to see what it does for Universal's status in the "visitors drawn" catagory (historically Universal is around 6th and IOA is around 8th in the US in theme park attendence).

Yes, they said it will be on 20 acres of land in the video. I wonder how much Universal had to pay for the rights to the Harry Potter name since it is a Warner Bros. movie?

Not so much Warner Bros, but JK Rowling who from rumors that circulate was incredibly difficult to work with. Honestly, the rumors very much remind me of how Seuss Landing came to be. Both parties were very specific for how they expected their characters to come to life. If you believe all that comes down the pipe from Jim Hill, even Disney was trying to get their hands on Potter. Its definitely shaping up to be an impressive addition. Now that Lost Continent is under massive transformation at this point, you can get a better understand of the scale of this project. Right now they are saing 2010, but as always, rumors are abound that a late 2009 soft opening is possible. IF that turns out to be the case and you add in HRRR, Universal could end up enjoying a great year.....this year and next.

- Todd