Attractions/buildings that will never leave PKI

Derek

hirst of all, yeah i know im reviving a dead topic. but its the offseason & wanted to see past topics(to keep new ones about the same stuff being created). while going thru this it made me laugh @ how many people are wanting SOB to burn to the ground, how many people were wrong (ex:flying eagles). anyone care to add?

Epic Bump!

Uh Eiffel Tower.

Holy old topic, Batman! :lol:

Eiffel Tower, Beast, and Racer will never leave KI. They are KI landmarks.

I'm not so sure about everything else.

I agree with the first sentence.

And the second sentence. And the third sentence. Another ride I would like to add to that list is the Carousel.

Oh, and SOB :lol: I'm kidding. I would say the four aforementioned rides will probably never leave.

Guest TombraiderTy

I didn't include Grand Carousel on the list due to the fact it's a small flat-ride that could easily be transported to another park. Despite it being the park's oldest operating ride (it originally opened in 1926 at Coney Island), I wouldn't be surprised if Cedar Fair, or a new owner, ever decided to replace and/or relocate it.

It's not like Cedar Fair is an organization that has respected The Grand Carousel by protecting its organ and making certain that it always graces the midways thereabouts. . .and, even if another company were responsible for the organ's apparent demise (which it does not appear to be), at least Cedar Fair could acquire a suitable replacement organ. CD's do not good carousel music make.

It's really amazing how many people thought SOB would never leave...

My List- The Beast, The Racer, Eiffel Tower, The Grand Carousel, "Paramount" Theater, and the Enter Building. I also don't see most of the International Street buildings being removed, unless KI were to be SBNO for a few years.

Edit- Actually, I could see The Beast leaving, but if it were to be removed, I bet the new owners would use the same land and name their new coaster The Beast.

It's not like Cedar Fair is an organization that has respected The Grand Carousel by protecting its organ and making certain that it always graces the midways thereabouts. . .and, even if another company were responsible for the organ's apparent demise (which it does not appear to be), at least Cedar Fair could acquire a suitable replacement organ. CD's do not good carousel music make.

Much like the Festhaus clock?

You odn't have to build over anything. They coudl tunnel underneath the interstate, and then woudln't have to worry about building over it, it would be covered, and would be much safer.

States usually own all the subsurface rights too under the interstates, so if KI were to tunnel under the interstate, they would need ODOT permission..easier to stay on your own property! :)

It's absolutely impossible to know. A decade ago it was considered rediculous to think Chang would leave. And yet here we are in 2009, with it being replaced by some water slides. In 2003, who would have thought that 5 years later Six Flags Worlds of Adventure would be rotting? And in 2002 it was for sure Tomb Raider: The Ride would be here to thrill for quite a while. Now what is the common conception among those knowledgeable?

Things change. Sometimes very slowly. Sometimes very, very fast. Things that are considered ludicrous one year is common sense the next. Maybe it never made sense, but it happened anyway. And in an industry where the driving force of everything is money, anything can happen if it means more nickels.

• 3 weeks later...

It was where Tower Gardens was and is. Beside Eiffel Tower, and had movie props and stones commemorating Paramount movies. Just a few short years after it was installed, they quit installing new stones for new Paramount movies as they were debuted. That was one of the earlier signs of Paramount the company not caring much about Paramount the theme parks...

Oh how different things may have been had Paramount Communications not sold out to Viacom....or had Dick Kinzel bought Kings Island, as he had tried, when Paramount ended up with the parks.

It was where Tower Gardens was and is. Beside Eiffel Tower, and had movie props and stones commemorating Paramount movies. Just a few short years after it was installed, they quit installing new stones for new Paramount movies as they were debuted. That was one of the earlier signs of Paramount the company not caring much about Paramount the theme parks...

Oh how different things may have been had Paramount Communications not sold out to Viacom....or had Dick Kinzel bought Kings Island, as he had tried, when Paramount ended up with the parks.

Wait, so KI may have been under CF ownership much sooner?