What are your opening day plans?

DropZone99

I plan to get to the park early and get right in line for DB. I don't care how long the line is or if there are mechanical issues-I'm not budging from the DB queue area until I have my first ride. ( That reminds me- have to stop at Staples to get one of those things that you click so I can keep count of my DB rides. The name of that gadget escapes me.)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^So did she say yes??

I try to ask for days off as far in advance as possible to increase my chances of getting it. There have only been two times in the last 6 years that I remember not getting the day off that I had requested. Unless she looks at the calendar and starts a sentence with "Well...." , it's a yes. ;)

With some people wanting to buy a counter to keep track of opening day rides on DB, and others wanna tweet there counts to the web, I am wondering how many spins do you WANT to take vs. how many spins you WILL take.

I see it being a very crowded day (weather permitting) and with that, I am not thinking you will need a counter/tweet to keep track of your DB rides.

But I sure hope I am wrong! ;)

I passed the park for the first time since they started testing DB last night. Heading north on 71, I was looking at the other people in the cars next to me, heads all turned toward the park! I funny sight indeed. (guess you had to be there!)

I plan to get to the park early and get right in line for DB. I don't care how long the line is or if there are mechanical issues-I'm not budging from the DB queue area until I have my first ride.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Lines schmines, mechanical problems schmechanical problems, I don't care. I will be riding Diamondback on opening day.

However, if I witness anyone jumping in line in front of me and you are within a short distance of me, I suggest you plug your ears. ;)

Yesterday I asked my boss, "Is it possible to request April 18 off?" She gave me a knowing look and said, "My daughters want to go too." :lol:

That's crazy. My boss asked me yesterday if I could work on the 18th (I already have it off, but someone else asked off and they wanted me to cover.) I was like, "Noooo no no no noooooo. That day is off limits."

I'll work on my birthday (July 4th, which I'm currently not, heh heh) but not April 18th.

I'll work on my birthday (July 4th, which I'm currently not, heh heh) but not April 18th.

Same here. I'll work my birthday, and all holidays of the year.. just please don't force me to work on a day when there is a coaster event!! :lol:

No one cares about holidays or birthdays anymore, so who cares if I have to work them? Not I. ;)

No one cares about birthdays anymore, so who cares if I have to work them? Not I. ;)

Haha, I agree!! After 25, birthdays are all down-hill from there!

I thought I was the only one who noticed. After 21, the parties get smaller and smaller.. then eventually people are like "Oh ____, you're a year older! When did that happen?" It's hilarious. Even more hilarious is that I used my bonus check to go out and buy everything I wanted but didn't get, so I could care less who forgot, or decided that a celebration wasn't necessary. ;)

No one cares about birthdays anymore, so who cares if I have to work them? Not I. ;)

I don't know, we threw a pretty sweet Star Wars birthday party for my future brother-in-law for his 30th.

As Terpy would agree, Star Wars enthusiasts are of a different sort!! ;)

There's A LOT that hasn't happened with most of them before 30 anyway!! :lol:

I don't know, we threw a pretty sweet Star Wars birthday party for my future brother-in-law for his 30th.

As Terpy would agree, Star Wars enthusiasts are of a different sort!! ;)

There's A LOT that hasn't happened with most of them before 30 anyway!! :lol:

Heeeeyooooo!

Oh wait...

I'm a Star Wars enthusiast.....*Walking away, head down, Sad Charlie Brown Christmas music playing*

^^Well, considering my guess is they'll shut down the park for over-crowding by 3:00...if you're working until 4:00 you're likely screwed!! "Sorrryyyy..." (as the Moose likes to say! ;) )

That's a very optimistic view of how the day will be. :P

I'll try to leave around 4 with my fiance and buddy so 3 more people should be able to get in.

^^Well, considering my guess is they'll shut down the park for over-crowding by 3:00...if you're working until 4:00 you're likely screwed!! "Sorrryyyy..." (as the Moose likes to say! ;) )

That's a very optimistic view of how the day will be. :P

I'll try to leave around 4 with my fiance and buddy so 3 more people should be able to get in.

Very true, i can see it now heading to the park and traffic being backed up out of the parking lot, down Kings Island Dr., and all the way to the I-71 exit. And it wont get any better when drivers who cant get in try to look out to catch a glimpse of DB and cause a 30 care pile up. Hmmmm maybe i should just wait till the next weekend :P

Why isnt the park opened on the following sunday the 19th?

A park buyout. Read: A private group has in effect rented the park, and guaranteed the park revenue for the day, in exchange for exclusive use of the facilities.

Wow - would be nice to be part of that private group with DB opening this year.