I cannot say this for sure....

Cortney

A friend of mine that lives going to Cedar Point every summer, swears that their ride like Delirium (no clue of the name, never been on it) is more intense than Kings Island? IS IT NOT THE SAME RIDE?! Don't they have one like Delirium or did I miss something?

I hope I didn't give up on an arguement over this thinking I was mistaken, but last time I was at Cedar Point there was a ride similar to Delirium, but I was too scared to get on it and went on it with my brother at KI cause he wanted to go on it and now I kick myself for not doing CP's.

But am I mistaken?

I just watched a couple youtube videos of maxair and it looks like it only swings out 90 degrees, but Delerium definitely swings further than that. I've never ridden Maxair, but from the videos I watched it looked tame compared to Delerium. Maybe the ride program changed since those videos were shot.

I and Giga can confirm...maXair goes higher and is longer than Delirium. That said, my understanding is Delirium's ride program became much more tame after it was fixed from being down half of the 05 season, and from 03 to mid-05 it at least went higher than it does now, but I think it's always been 3 full swings compared to maXair's 4.

But was it for the same issue? Part of the reason for the lengthy delay in Delirium`s closure is that a new part had to arrive from Germany, and the part that needed to be replaced needed the use of multiple cranes. Not quite as simple of a fix as just replacing say a broken light bulb.

With all due respect, as I stated in my CP Oct. 10-12 PTR, maXair destroys Delirium.

maXair's cycle is longer, it seems to have more swings, and you definitely swing higher.. so high at some points that you feel as if you are upside down. maXair tosses you gently, while Delirium seems to jerk a little after it hits its apex and the ride comes to a halt. I've been on both several times, and there is indeed a marked difference.

I do not doubt you. I never stated such a thing. In fact, when I was at Cedar Point back in 2007, I never even rode maXair, in part because my brother who I was at the park with did not wish to ride it. He can`t do too many spinning rides as he gets sick when he rides them.

I do not doubt you. I never stated such a thing. In fact, when I was at Cedar Point back in 2007, I never even rode maXair, in part because my brother who I was at the park with did not wish to ride it. He can`t do too many spinning rides as he gets sick when he rides them.

I was just making an overall statement, you're all right.

I know what your brother means. I'm fine on Delirium, maXair, and Skyscraper. But those carnival spinning rides that continuously spin so fast everything is a blur.. that's a big no for me. They make me nauseous to the point where I just want to go home.

Stay away from the Tempest at Coney. The tubs on that are free to swing on their own (you can`t physically rotate them), but will spin depending on how the weight is distributed. You can get a ride where your car barely rotates, or you can get a ride with rather violent rotation. I rode it once several years back and it is the one time on a ride when I truly felt disoriented after I got off.