people of...size

darwyn

just a quick question-cant find the answer in search sooo here goes. my bro is a big guy.280ish 5'7. he was wondering what things he might be able to fit on...i figured some of you may be able to help me out-do you know any rides that are friendly towards the bigger folk?

I think it is all according to how he carries his weight. I am of similar stats, only a little taller, and only have real issue on The Beast (they like to squeeze you in). I also run into some issue with the front seat of the FOF cars.

I'm 6' 4" and 280 pounds. My only problem has to do with the distance from my shoulders to my tailbone. So far, the only thing I can't get on is Delirium - I haven't been to the park since Firehawk.

My husband is 6'2" and about 270. He has been able to fit everything at KI and CP. His is not muscle. Intamin seatbelts are a squeeze (Drop Tower, millie and Dragster at CP) but he's never taken a walk so far.

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

thanks for the replies :) I just didnt want to take him and have him be depressed all day for being rejected ya know? The only thing we saw on the KI site was above a 40 inch waist and above 220 would have problems...but didnt say what rides. He worried cause he has a 42 inch waist-carries it all in his butt it seems (poor guy) LOL.

Im 5'9 or taller (been a while since i checked), and im around 270 or 280 and i can fit on anything i have ever rode so i dont know about DB Firehawk SOB DropZone FOF... But everything else im fine, and i'm sure he will be fine. The only thing that ticks me off about the weight thing is that when ever im on racers or The Beast it seems as if the ride op's want to keep us in tight...

It is not a good thing for people of any size to not be restrained in a coaster. Bad things can happen, be the rider large or small. In fact, that's one reason there are height restrictions on many coasters...

Im not trying to say there not important, im just saying its kinda ridiculous that they would make it to were you hurt yourself by ridding a ride.

I saw that you said he's a 42 inch waist. My hubby is between a 42 a 44, he carries all his weight in his belly (love ya hun!). The biggest problem he will probably have is Diamondback. It depends on thigh size more than waist size. Definitely yet the test seat. If it's really close to the 3rd click you may want to try it anyway, as the test seat is slightly on the snug side when compared to the actual seats. And brown train's seats are slightly looser than any other train, green train the marks on the seats (there's a black line that has to be showing for it to be clear) are off so while it looks like you aren't in, you are. Remember, 3 clicks! Count them as you pull it down, if you've gotten 2 then just keep trying for the last click!

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

well....we got him on. he tried the test seat and didnt fit so he walked away dissapointed and we rode every thing else we wanted with no problems. came back to Diamondback and he decided to wait in line with us. he tried getting on and it wouldnt lock at first so the op threw ALL of his weight into it and got that last click :) I have to say that was very nice of him to help...my bro REALLY wanted to ride. The only crappy thing was as we were getting off the op with the microphone made a crack about how the guy that helped us is good at jamming people in so dont worry...i thought that a bit uncalled for but shrugged it off. all in all was a great day :)

I have seen multiple people take the walk on Diamondback and I know how restricting FOF is but I have never seen anybody take a walk off that. (except for people being too scared) I just thought this was odd because I just realized there must be a lot of people who can't squeeze in there.

i'm 5 ft 6 and never have been rejected on anytihng at cedarpoint or Kings Island, a bit of trouble on planktons plunge but Cedar Point has more restrictive harnesses etc.

diamond back don't add stuff in your pants/ shorts pockets etc....

its a great ride!!!