Kings Island Guide

Paul

Hello all, I'm new to the forums and I'm a huge coaster enthusiast. But i have a few questions.

What rows and seats are the best to sit on all their coasters? I'm looking for ejector air.

Where is the best place to go first? Which way is the best to work around?

Can I do the park in a day?

Where is the best place to eat?

I thank you guys for all your help. I'll be going there on July 24th or 25th.

What rows and seats are the best to sit on all their coasters? I'm looking for ejector air.

Diamondback: Row 16

Vortex: 7-1

Thats all I know...

Where is the best place to go first? Which way is the best to work around?

Go to Firehawk first thing. That will have a big line during the day. Then head over to Diamondback. If you have a Gold or Platinum Pass, take advantage of the ERT before the park opens.

Can I do the park in a day?

Yes, but you might want to consider doing two. That way you can get everything in plus time to go back and re-ride your favorites.

Where is the best place to eat?

River Town Hall Junction. It a huge buffet with unlimited soft drinks, and serves food such as Montgomery Inn, and Larsosas. Very much worth the time and money.

Hope this helps!

1. I'm not sure about the rows for the rides, but ride in row 1 on Diamondback, and a middle row of the cars on Racer and The Beast. Other than that I can't help you.

2. If you get there when the park opens, go straight to Firehawk (it WILL have the longest wait later in the the day). Then go to Flight of Fear. From there, I would go over to The Beast and start working my way to Coney Mall, though Conexy Mall, and then Action Zone.

3. You can easily do the park in one day (even if it's pretty crowded, especially if you're there from open 'til close). Also, are you planning on going to Boomerang Bay? Do you have a gold pass? If so, you can start riding Diamondback and The Beast at 9:30 am on the 24th, and at 9 am on the 25th.

4. It depends on what you like. If you like Skyline, they have that (I think $2.50 for a coney). If you like Subway, they have that (although a 6" sub is $5 or $6). They also have LaRosas (Like $5.60 for two slices of pizza or $20 for a whole pizza). If you really want a really good burger, my mom and sister really like Juke Box diner, where they also have chicken. The food is a little pricey, but everything is. Juke Box will run you about between like $6.50 and $8 for a burger and fries. Add another $3 for a drink (You can buy a sports cup for $8 or $10 and that includes it being filled up, or if you already have it, you can get it refilled for $2). If you eat at Feashaus, they have pizza, burgers, chicken, fries, mozzarella cheese sticks, desserts, and drinks. You can also buy a funnel cake in a couple places. I personally always eat two cheese hot dogs and fries or two slices of pepperoni pizza and fries and get my sports cup refilled.

I hope this helps a little bit. Hope you have fun!

If you eat at Feashaus, they have pizza, burgers, chicken, fries, mozzarella cheese sticks, desserts, and drinks.

Don't forget Chinese! :lol:

I forgot all about that... I don't know anyone who has ate there before. Is it any good?

(1-1) or (1-2) for ejector air on Racer (Red is better than Blue)

(7-1) for ejector air on Vortex

Rows 15 and 16 and pretty much all the other rows on Diamondback

(1-1) or (7-1) on TOPGUN for the best rides

Rear on Adventure Express has partial air.

Front on Beastie has partial air.

The VERY last seat on Flight of Fear is the largest.

Firehawk has slow loading so make that your first stop at 10:00 opening. Hit Flight of Fear because your near.

Diamondback has short waits around noon-1:00 pm

Must do night rides:

-The Beast (be aware the ride temporarily closes at 9:45 for the Fireworks and reopens afterwards, if you are in line by 10 if the park closes you get to ride)

-Diamondback

Non Coaster Rides you should check out:

-Delerium (Huss Giant Frisbee)

-Scooby Doo (Sally Interactive Dark Ride) the wait even if full is <30 min

-White Water Landing (Intamin Raft Ride) its in the woods, its long and its fun

-Do not ride the Crypt (neutered Huss Top Spin)

Boomerang Bay:

-If you do this park, either do it right when it opens or come around 2-3 to avoid the peak crowds

-Ride Coolingada Racer (Proslide Racing Mat Slide)

-Ride Tazmanian Twister (Proslide Tornado Slide)

-Ride the Body Slides by the enterance (all 5 of them they are great)

Suggested Morning Itinerary:

-If you are a Platinum Pass Holder you get 30 min of ERT on Sun-Fri, 1 hour on Sat on Diamondback and The Beast, do these then if you have the pass

-Ride Firehawk

-Ride Flight of Fear

-Ride Invertigo

-Ride Drop Zone

-Ride Delerium

After that you have just hit the major bottlenecks, enjoy the rest of the park provided you get Firehawk, FoF, Invertigo, Drop Zone and Delerium you have just hit these rides without long lines doing the rest of the park should be no problem.

Welcome to KICentral Paul! I assume you've never been to Kings Island. If you haven't, you are in for a good time!

Since you are new, I will share some things with you that will help make your visit more fun. Some of it has already been stated here.

1. Diamondback- So far this season, I have ridden Diamondback a total of 20 times. That being said, I have ridden it in almost every row but you must try row 1 or 2 and definitely row 16. The ride is smooth as glass in row 1 and 2 and you get good airtime, plus the thrill factor goes up because you have nothing in front of you but track. I highly recommend rows 1 and 2 but I also recommend row 16 as well because of the ejector air that you get, but it is a lot bumpier in row 16 than in the front. At the splashdown, you may get a little bit wet if you hold your hands up or down to the side. Diamondback is a ride that definitely must not be passed up! If you are going by yourself, there is a single rider line. This is a stand-by line only and will be used when odd numbered groups or solo riders are assigned seats by the separator. Preferred seating is not guaranteed and you may be able to request a row if you ask the separator nicely.

2. The Beast- Definitely ride this at night. I really don't care to ride this during the day. If you are going on Saturday, July 25- keep in mind that Kings Island will be open until Midnight and the best ride I've ever had on The Beast was after Midnight during Halloween Haunt. One of the best, if not the best, night rides in the world.

That's all I have. Welcome to KICentral and have fun when you go out to Kings Island!

One other thing I remember reading but can not confirm is that if you are a card carrying member of a coaster club, they will let you into the ERT. I would email GR to confirm this, then print out the response so if you do have any issues.

Firehawk seems to always be the worst line in the park. Often followed by Flight of Fear. When we go, we do 2 laps Diamondback first followed by a few laps on Beast during the ERT then head over to Xbase for a lap on Firehawk followed by Flight of Fear. From here we go to Vortex, Backlot Stunt Coaster then off to Racer & Adventure Express before heading to the Action Zone. Here we ride Delerium, Drop Zone, Flight Deck and Invertigo. By now it is lunch time so since we are back in the front of the park we head out for a picnic lunch. If your trying to get all the coaster credits, head to the Nick area and ride Fairly odd coaster and Runaway Reptar. This will put you back at Diamondback for more rides.

As to seats selection. I love 15 or 16 on Diamondback.