Ride Replacement

PKIwarrior11

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take out The Vortex (It's awesome, but getting old and it kills you the day later) and put in Top Thrill Dragster, that new one at Cedar Point. It goes over 300 feet in the air and falls at a STEEP angle. I would love that. It doesn't take up a horrible amount of horizontal space either, it would fit. laugh.gif

I wouldent take out any ride but I would but a Flying Eagels type attraction, make it a GIANT, and put it in the Action Zone. It would be bigger, faster, and longer. And it will be a Pay-Per-Ride, at $1.00. Just to get the some of the wait down.

I saw a picture of TTD, my cousins live in Sandusky and they have season passes (lucky people) and I live 3hrs away from PKI in Ashland, KY. Well, they said that it was just one hill, and I knew it was huge. They said it was the tallest...idk how true that is. All I know is that some ride at Cedar Point was supposed to be second tallest a few years ago. I don't really follow them that well.

Oh yeah, and I get to go to PKI Monday! biggrin.gif I am overjoyed!

I saw a picture of TTD, my cousins live in Sandusky and they have season passes (lucky people) and I live 3hrs away from PKI in Ashland, KY. Well, they said that it was just one hill, and I knew it was huge. They said it was the tallest...idk how true that is. All I know is that some ride at Cedar Point was supposed to be second tallest a few years ago. I don't really follow them that well.

Oh yeah, and I get to go to PKI Monday!  biggrin.gif  I am overjoyed!

You must not watch the news, because when it opened; it was on every channel. You guys must get some news channels in Ashland. Am I right; and they do have newspapers right? Also to figure out if it's true look at any coaster site really. We like PKI, not CP!

Edited by Tanner

I've never been to Cedar Point, nor do I really want to. It's just a big park centered around rollercoasters...I love rollercoasters, but I'm the only one in my family who does. PKI has something for everyone. It has The Racer which is my mom's favorite ride and the only coaster that she rides at will, and the kid's section for my little sis. I hear that CP is nowhere near as diverse.

I agree with the bigger trains for SoB. The ride would not be nearly as rough with different specs for the train size.

The question I have is: Do the trains have to be designed this way because of the uniquness of SoB or did PKI go cheap and get smaller trains?

if i had to take a ride out it would be Top Gun and replace it with a nice B&M floorless. By the way xxD3liriumxx, how could you say that about the point? I went 2 years ago and that's so not true about revovling around coasters. It has every single ride you can ask for for the whole family. It is the best Amusement Park in the country and it has a ride or coaster for everyone.

Well CP is kinda centered on Coasters. That is why they get a new one every year! Go figure... and PKI goes for more diversity.

Cedar Point has the most rollercoasters, AND has the most rides than any other park with 69. Now that is diversity.

Another common myth is that they build one every year.

2003- Top Thrill Dragster

2002- Wicked Twister

2000- Millenium Force

1999- Woodstock Express

1995- Mantis

1993- Raptor

6 coaster in 10 years, one is a Intimin Impulse, and Woodstock Express is a children's coaster.

Now look at this:

Rugrats Reptar- 2001

SoB- 2000

Face-Off- 1999

FoF- 1996

Top Gun- 1993

Does this mean that PKI is centered on coasters as well? It is only one less...

cool.gif

Edited by browntggrr

If you were going to take out any ride, why wouldn't it be Adventure Express. KI has enough kiddie coasters with The Beastie and Rugrats ride. Adventure Express is never crowded because its a bad ride. If you have to dump a ride, than give Adventure Express the axe.

Okay I must be the Cedar Point genius here let's get all straightened out. Top Thrill Dragters is the tallest and fastest coaster in the entire universe at 420 feet and a 120 MPH launch in less then 4 seconds and the hill is 90 degrees. Millennium Force was not the second tallest and fastest a few years ago but the tallest and fastest at 310 feet and 93 MPH, it is also the best ( in almost every poll including golden ticket) roller coaster in the world, and currently the 3rd tellest and 4th fastest (not including Superman at SFMM). Cedar Point does have the most coasters at 16, but also has 53 other rides, with not one but two kids sections, one of which being very new and modern. A park does not get the award for best amusement park for 5 years in a row for just coasters ladies and gentlemen, Cedar Point is your average park on steriods. Every thing there is bigger, better, faster, more thrilling, and more diverse, while still having great mild roller coasters, rides, and family attractions. So any more questions on the Point?

Now Back on topic, I would take out Face/Off and replace it with a full B&M inverted coaster elsewhere in the park. After riding Alpengeist, Raptor, and Batman, the coaster does nothing for me, and the capacity is horrendous.

Edit: Millennium Force would not fit where Top Gun is, It is only 805 feet shorter then The Beast, with just as big of a footprint.

Edited by mike77

thank you Mike77, i agree 100% with you, the Point is the perfect park for EVERYONE, not just thrill seekers. MF is the best coaster on the planet, and it has some nice family coasters as well, love that park and i don't think anything will beat it. Again, sorry, back to topic. I heard that Adventure Express was the best Mine Train in the country from other sites i've visited, what's wrong with it?