Big Bad Wolf closing

That same crap company also invented the steel coaster period when they debuted the tubular steel track on Matterhorn.

They also created the mine train, looping, hyper, 4-D and suspended coaster.

They invented the corkscrew and vertical loop elements.

They also created the modern day log ride.

And they created modern day dark ride (again with Disney working with the Fantasyland dark rides, Im not sure but they also may have helped with the omnimover too.)

I dont like most of their rides that much but to call them a crap company is stupid. Without Arrow the amusment park would be a very different place.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^so wait... you're saying they're crap, but agreeing that they're not at the same time. Try thinking before posting. Arrow is anything but crap if you ask me. Just going through the park today I was thinking how the arrow coasters have the best chain-lift sounds I can think of (Magnum, Vortex, AE). But dont go thinking that I like them because of the sound of the chain. All great coasters if you ask me. Not to mention, they've designed many record-breakers. Gemini and Magnum were both the tallest in the world when they debuted.

That being said, the departure of BBW hits a personal note with me. I was a little kid when I first rode it, and it looked fun from the side (because I couldn't see the GIANT drop down onto the river!). So we got on, and needless to say I was terrified going over that hill, but afterward I just loved it. That propelled me to try bigger and better things. So I guess I have that ride to thank for developing me into an enthusiast.

This is very sad news to hear, I consider Big Bad Wolf to be a lot better than Flight Deck. The train running along the German town, gave you the feeling like you were a wolf running ramped though a town. Then at night the Town had lights in the windows that came on, that added another level to the ride. From up top the second lift you make a left turn then racing down towards the water, cars swinging out, everyone's screaming. I can still close my eye's and remember my first ride on Big Bad Wolf, feeling being amazed, excited, thinking this is what a Suspended coaster should be!

On our last night at the park(we spent five days in Williamsburg) our last rides of the night, I wanted to ride in the front seat but the line was to line, it would have backed up our plans for the rest of the night. So we settled for the second seat in the front car, it was even better at night. Out there in the back area, no lights of any kind, madness of the cars swing out left and right. Riding along top of the water made me speechless!

Even know I rode it seven times, I will always remember The Big Bad Wolf!

DanandBigBadWolf.jpg

If BGE wanted to make some extra cash, auction that sign off right there. I for one know that I would offer some money for it.

^so wait... you're saying they're crap, but agreeing that they're not at the same time. Try thinking before posting. Arrow is anything but crap if you ask me. Just going through the park today I was thinking how the arrow coasters have the best chain-lift sounds I can think of (Magnum, Vortex, AE). But dont go thinking that I like them because of the sound of the chain. All great coasters if you ask me. Not to mention, they've designed many record-breakers. Gemini and Magnum were both the tallest in the world when they debuted.

That being said, the departure of BBW hits a personal note with me. I was a little kid when I first rode it, and it looked fun from the side (because I couldn't see the GIANT drop down onto the river!). So we got on, and needless to say I was terrified going over that hill, but afterward I just loved it. That propelled me to try bigger and better things. So I guess I have that ride to thank for developing me into an enthusiast.

Mind your own business. I think Magnum is crap, yes. And I was responding to "Jackson's" post, not yours. So thanks and good day. LOL :mellow:

Mind your own business. I think Magnum is crap, yes. And I was responding to "Jackson's" post, not yours. So thanks and good day. LOL :mellow:

My own business? Being a member of the forum, isn't this my business, as are all other threads? We might as well have password-protected threads so that you can go about "your business" with Jackson. But I'll go out on a limb and say that he probably wouldn't care too much for that... [/argument]

Sorry everyone :)

Calling Arrow a crap company is like saying Diamondback is rough!

Give me a break!

Well, Dimaondback does have some severe vibrations in certain seats (the back) sometimes. Some would call that rough.

Calling Arrow a crap company is like saying Diamondback is rough!

Give me a break!

My opinion. They must be crap if they made something as dull as the "Lochness Monster". Thanks for enlightening me "Terpy" on other coasters they make. I know. :rolleyes:

~waits for everyone to start attacking me~

Lochness Monster is 31 years old. It certainly wasn't dull back then. Some people still find that to be an exciting ride. Also, HTCO isn't Terpy. HTCO is...HTCO. Terpy's full screen name is The Interpreter. ;)

That's okay Dvo. :)

My own business? Being a member of the forum, isn't this my business, as are all other threads? We might as well have password-protected threads so that you can go about "your business" with Jackson. But I'll go out on a limb and say that he probably wouldn't care too much for that... [/argument]

Sorry everyone :)

Sorry. It was just a little comment I made in the beginning anyway...'Nuff said.

Well, Dimaondback does have some severe vibrations in certain seats (the back) sometimes. Some would call that rough.

I have only experienced some rattling at the bottom of the Hammerhead, other then that is is very very smooth.

Yeah I feel it more in the Hammerhead, and going up the next hill.

Again I ask, do you hate every steel coaster on the planet? If you dont, then you can thank the "crap" company for inventing the steel track.

Nope. I love a lot of them...I'm just saying the park basically has the same kind of rides. I would like a wood coaster in there please.

:lol: Kings Island holds the record for most wooden roller coaster at one park, and you are complaning about there not being enough, look at the bright side we have twice as many wooden roller coasters as another theme park in the state of ohio.

Again I ask, do you hate every steel coaster on the planet? If you dont, then you can thank the "crap" company for inventing the steel track.

Nope. I love a lot of them...I'm just saying the park basically has the same kind of rides. I would like a wood coaster in there please.

:lol: Kings Island holds the record for most wooden roller coaster at one park, and you are complaning about there not being enough, look at the bright side we have twice as many wooden roller coasters as another theme park in the state of ohio.

I'm just saying Busch Gardens doesn't have as much variety as other parks.

^^^We have The Beast, Fairly Odd Coaster, Racer, Son of Beast, and as you like to say, Adventure Express.

I don't need you to tell me what I already know.

Adventure Express is 90% wood. Just not the track. Not need to get all fancy with it.

two observations.

#1- an obvious case where the cost has exceeded the benefit of the investment. So, yes an amusement park is there to actually turn a profit, and once an attraction begins costing more than it's percieved benefit to said park. Removal. (sans Son of Beast- may be popular (to some)- but there will be a day in the not too distant future that it is no longer profitable to have operate.

#2- Cedar Fair could take a lesson from Busch Gardens playbook. Announcing something closing 45 days out to allow guests to enjoy "one last time." ala Geauga Lake.