Big Bad Wolf closing

^Judging from your posts, you all have never ridden BBW before. Let me tell you this, it does not only kick Flight Deck's butt, it blows it right out of the water. BBW not only toppled other suspended coasters, it blew even some of the biggest and baddest coasters out of the water in my book. BBW gave an experience like no other, this was they way that Suspended Coasters were meant to be, wild and out of control with many near misses and many moments of swinging out to the full height the car can swing. Truly a great ride. This was a staple of BGE in my opinion.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Judging from your posts, you all have never ridden BBW before. Let me tell you this, it does not only kick Flight Deck's butt, it blows it right out of the water. BBW not only toppled other suspended coasters, it blew even some of the biggest and baddest coasters out of the water in my book. BBW gave an experience like no other, this was they way that Suspended Coasters were meant to be, wild and out of control with many near misses and many moments of swinging out to the full height the car can swing. Truly a great ride. This was a staple of BGE in my opinion.

I have not rode it. Sadly I have only been to Kings Island but I hope to make it up to Cedar Point next year.

I take that back I have been too Busch Gardens in Tampa bay, Universal studios, and Disney world but that's when I was 4 haha

I am very sorry to hear this. Big Bad Wolf is my second favorite suspended coaster after Eagle Fortress. That drop from the second lift hill is quite good. It is probably the best element of all suspended coasters I have ridden.

The article was worng. The Bat was the first suspended coaster. I believe Top Gun/Flightdeck was the last suspended coaster built by Arrow.

^Yes. For one thing, suspended's are more expensive to maintain then the off the shelf Arrow Looper, for another it has a higher capacity since it has three trains, and finally even after over 30 years of operation, it is the park's landmark ride. You still find the double loop prominently in their merchandise. Dont give them any more ideas! That was my first looper, and still one of the best, if not the best looping coaster they have ever made.

Pulling out a Terpy, Im old comment. Touchdown remembers when it used to run so that two trains went through the loops at the same time.

just watched the POV on youtube and seems like Big Bad Wolf kicks Flight Decks butt

I just watched the POV too and it does kick Flight decks butt but I love how Flight deck comes off the chain lift the view of Great wolf Lodge is great and I like how high you are up and nothing under you except the floor of the train.

Not only is Big Bad Wolf a better ride, it, and the park feel like they're in "another world." Whereas Flight Deck, you get a look at a chain waterpark hotel, movie theater, high school, and fast food signs. Just sayin'.

Heres hoping they know what they are doing, because that park is removing a coaster with a 42" height limit

Really - Big Bad Wolf has a 42" height limit when Flight Deck has a 48".

There really is no consistency in the amusement industry when you cross state lines.

Ugh. All they have is B&M's. Could I at least get some variety?

Your in control of your own variety, wither that be food, coasters, or anything for that matter. But why are you complaining? I would rather have a bunch of B&M's.

Someone with a family might yell at a park with B&Ms. Big Bad Wolf is the only big coaster you could be 42 inches to ride if I am reading the height chart right on the Busch Gardens site. Parents want their kids to ride and have fun too. Grover's Alpine Express is the only other coaster children can ride with their parents if they are at least 38 inches and some kids might be looking for a little bit more thrills. Look how many coasters Kings Island offers for families to ride together.

We went to Busch Gardens Europe in June 08. My son was 4 and not quite 48" yet. My daughter was just over 52", but at the time, she was not ready for a loop. She did go on Appollo's Chariot with me, but the height really scared her. My wife and I took turns riding a few of the other coasters, but basically as far as rollercoasters went that day, it was a whole lot of BBW. At one point, I went on 5 or 6 rides in a row with my kids. Now, I would rank BBW last of the Big 5 rollercoasters at BGE, but I would rank it well ahead of Flight Deck. Flying out over the water is a great element.

Now my daughter is over 54" and my son well over 48", and should be over 52" by next summer. However, whenever we decide to go back, it will be sad not seeing that ride there - as going on it with my kids several times is truly a great memory.

This is very sad news to hear, I consider Big Bad Wolf to be a lot better than Flight Deck. The train running along the German town, gave you the feeling like you were a wolf running ramped though a town. Then at night the Town had lights in the windows that came on, that added another level to the ride. From up top the second lift you make a left turn then racing down towards the water, cars swinging out, everyone's screaming. I can still close my eye's and remember my first ride on Big Bad Wolf, feeling being amazed, excited, thinking this is what a Suspended coaster should be!

On our last night at the park(we spent five days in Williamsburg) our last rides of the night, I wanted to ride in the front seat but the line was to line, it would have backed up our plans for the rest of the night. So we settled for the second seat in the front car, it was even better at night. Out there in the back area, no lights of any kind, madness of the cars swing out left and right. Riding along top of the water made me speechless!

Even know I rode it seven times, I will always remember The Big Bad Wolf!

DanandBigBadWolf.jpg

Trust me paint is not the maintence issue. Research The Bat and why it was removed will get an understanding of why BBW is being removed. The swinging is violent on BBW and the strain on the structure and trains has taken its toll over the years.

BBW as mentioned is trimmed heavily and especially the final drop towards the Rhine, but the big issue is the heavy trains swinging wildly and the stress that places on the train, track, and supports. Watch any pov of BBW and you will see the insane swing time on BBW, putting Flight Deck or any other suspended to shame.

Really? Please allow me a pointed question. And who was it again who designed and built Loch Ness Monster?

Some crap company that made it like 50 years ago. It's called variety.

Really a crap company? The company that is responsible for creating the modern looping steel coaster and they are crap? Also Loch Ness Monster opened in 1978, only 31 years ago and the same manufacturer made other great rides like BBW, Vortex, Magnum XL, just to name a few. Yeah I guess they are crap, huh?

Really? Please allow me a pointed question. And who was it again who designed and built Loch Ness Monster?

Some crap company that made it like 50 years ago. It's called variety.

Really a crap company? The company that is responsible for creating the modern looping steel coaster and they are crap? Also Loch Ness Monster opened in 1978, only 31 years ago and the same manufacturer made other great rides like BBW, Vortex, Magnum XL, just to name a few. Yeah I guess they are crap, huh?

Yes.