better coaster Millinuem Force or Diamondback?

diamondback1

The only thing I found good about Millie was the speed and how it really interacted with the line by flying over and very close to it. Diamondback is just full of different elements that make it amazing.

yea Diamondback u det so much more air time in Millinuem Force u just get the fast speed and curves and everything but Diamondback air time is just freaking amazing

they are 2 different coasters, each with its own unique character. i enjoy the airtime on DB and i love the speed and height of MF.

i was personally hoping for something closer to MF when they started talking about DB. with KI as my home park, i have settled on the fact that we will always be 2nd fiddle to CP. we will never get anything taller or faster than anything at CP. i do hope i am wrong though.

Maverick is better than both!

AMEN!!!

Agreed. Maverick is my favorite steel coaster.

I have to give this one to Diamondback, though. Millie gives a speed rush that not too many can beat, but Diamondback is just a better coaster in my opinion.

Millennium Force is a great coaster, but it lacks airtime.

Wow, I am really getting tired of people saying this.

Sorry to double post, but once again, MILLIE WAS NOT DESIGNED FOR AIRTIME. That is not what it was designed for. Airtime is not what Millie was designed for. Airtime is not what Millie was designed for. Airtime is not what Millie was designed for.

If anyone here doesn't like coasters that lack airtime, then how is it that you enjoy Adventure Express, Beast, Flight Deck, Firehawk, Raptor, and Dragster? NONE of those coasters were designed for airtime.. I am an enthusiast that can appreciate a coaster for what it is, not snub it because it doesn't have ONE element.

Not every coaster has to be about airtime. That being said, other than the drop and the second hill, I have yet to figure out what Millennium Force is supposed to be about. Ride Bizarro at Six Flags New England, then you, too, may wonder what Millennium Force is supposed to be about.

Fortunately, Cedar Point has Maverick, so I needn't waste my park time there musing about Millennium Force (or Mantis). And those who love those latter two rides can ride them while I am off riding, say, the kitty...which they may not like. And there's Magnum XL-200, Blue Streak and on and on... Cedar Point has many, many ride, show and attraction choices. If you can't find something fun to do at Cedar Point, the problem is probably not with the park, but with you!

Millennium Force is a great coaster, but it lacks airtime.

Wow, I am really getting tired of people saying this.

Sorry to double post, but once again, MILLIE WAS NOT DESIGNED FOR AIRTIME. That is not what it was designed for. Airtime is not what Millie was designed for. Airtime is not what Millie was designed for. Airtime is not what Millie was designed for.

If anyone here doesn't like coasters that lack airtime, then how is it that you enjoy Adventure Express, Beast, Flight Deck, Firehawk, Raptor, and Dragster? NONE of those coasters were designed for airtime.. I am an enthusiast that can appreciate a coaster for what it is, not snub it because it doesn't have ONE element.

We know that airtime is not what Millie is designed for, and that's why it's lacking. Either way it's still definitely lacking airtime, and what it was designed for does not matter, because it doesn't have airtime either way. And out of the ones you named, I only like Raptor, Dragster, and Beast more. Raptor has awesome inversions, Dragster has insane acceleration, speed, and height, and as for Beast: well, you can't deny that The Beast is just perfect at night, and is a legend.

Anyways, I like Diamondback a lot more. I personally like the design of the drop a lot more, the airtime is crazy, the hammerhead is better than any overbank on Millie (except the first). Not to mention the awesome helices, a sweet looking splashdown, and completely open trains.

Don't get me wrong, I think Millie is a good coaster. But the things that make it good are the height and speed. The height obviously doesn't last, but the speed does for a while. Diamondback was designed for airtime, speed, and height. While the speed wears off halfway through the ride, at the MCBR, it has SIX drops over one hundred feet tall, and the airtime is consistent throughout. That's why I like Diamondback more.

Not every coaster has to be about airtime.

Cedar Point has many, many ride, show and attraction choices. If you can't find something fun to do at Cedar Point, the problem is probably not with the park, but with you!

This is why we get along so well.. you may be the only one on this board who got the point I am trying to make.

I have never rode Millie but I have seen many POV videos of it and I think it doesn't look greatest. When I watched Diamondback's POV before I went on opening day I thought Diamondback looked better then Millie. The only part that seems very cool is the first drop and the rest of the ride just looks blah. So I will have to go with Diamondback.

The only part that seems very cool is the first drop and the rest of the ride just looks blah.

The good part about the drop is that it's very tall and almost vertical. I love the curvature on DB's drop more than any other drop I've ridden. Millie's drop is just straight track, while DB has a distinct "steepest point".

Not every coaster has to be about airtime. That being said, other than the drop and the second hill, I have yet to figure out what Millennium Force is supposed to be about. Ride Bizarro at Six Flags New England, then you, too, may wonder what Millennium Force is supposed to be about.

I agree. Bizarro at SFNE is so much better than Millennium Force. The airtime, lateral, and overall ride experiences are so much more better than MF. Having said that I like Magnum more so than MF.

I have never rode Millie but I have seen many POV videos of it and I think it doesn't look greatest. When I watched Diamondback's POV before I went on opening day I thought Diamondback looked better then Millie. The only part that seems very cool is the first drop and the rest of the ride just looks blah. So I will have to go with Diamondback.

TRUST ME, POVs can be VERY misleading. I wanted to ride Mean Streak BADLY because I had seen the POV. Turns out that MS is my least favorite coaster.

The same thing can happen in reverse too. I knew The Voyage would be an undeniably great ride havng seen the POV. NOTHING could have prepared me for the coaster high that I experienced after my first two rides on it!

Having said that, yes, Millennium Force's POV looks awesome, but it's not the best ride I've ever been on (It's obviously not the worst either.), but my last ride on it was DEFINITELY my best yet, though. I'm looking forward to riding it again on Sunday.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages for me.

Millie is a fantastic ride. It. Is. NOT. ABOUT. AIRTIME. (done) It is about super tall height and amazingly fast speed, designed to re-invent "tall" and "fast". The ride is not meant to be quick and surprising, it is about a smooth fast ride.

Diamondback is my #1 favorite roller coaster. It has everything you look for in a ride. It's tall. It's fast. It's amazingly smooth, it's jam-packed from start to-er, middle, with beautiful ejector airtime. The layout is extremely well done and flows wonderfully. Everything is fantastic. All it needs are the trims removed and it is good to go.

I became and airtime addict the first time I rode Diamondback and it's kinda replaced the thrill level that first drops used to give me. So Millie having less airtime (not saying it is laking in design just desired effect) and bieng all about speed and height is a bit of a drawback. Oh that first hill though, the hills entering and leaving the island and all that speed. Ummmmmmmm!

Diamond is everything I'm looking for in a coaster (but could be 50 or 60 feet higher and trimless). Just like Jackson said and the layout and use of the land are great.

STILL A TIE. I've debating this a thousand times.

Ask me tomorrow and Meverick will be in there to. (my favs get easy to rank after those 3)