Coaster Battle #3: Red Racer vs. Blue Racer vs. Blue Streak

McSalsa

I saw this while browsing the suggestions page...and thus, Coaster Battles have returned! :lol:

I have decided to keep these battles within the region...unless it's a GREAT one...and so this one fits perfectly because it only features KI and Cedar Point coasters. And sorry Fairly Odd Coaster, I wanted to keep this between the "bigger" rides.

Who wins this battle?

PS: I made a oops no one saw...I said "Blue Streak @ Kings Island!" in the poll box... :lol:

Why so many Coaster Battles?

Back on topic: Red Racer without a doubt. Blue Streak is awful and the Blue Racer is rougher than the Red Racer.

How could you say Blue Streak is awful? It has consistently delivered the same ride experience for 45 years. Thier is airtime over EVERY single hill on the ride.

Having said that, I voted for Blue Streak, but here's how I would rate the coasters:

1.Blue Streak

2.Red Racer

3.Blue Racer

Why so many Coaster Battles?

Back on topic: Red Racer without a doubt. Blue Streak is awful and the Blue Racer is rougher than the Red Racer.

How could you say Blue Streak is awful? It has consistently delivered the same ride experience for 45 years. Thier is airtime over EVERY single hill on the ride.

Having said that, I voted for Blue Streak, but here's how I would rate the coasters:

1.Blue Streak

2.Red Racer

3.Blue Racer

Really? I don't remember their rides over there having that much airtime.

No, but back on topic.

1. Red Racer.

2. Blue Streak.

3. Blue Racer.

How could you say Blue Streak is awful? It has consistently delivered the same ride experience for 45 years....

Blue Streak does not offer the same ride experience it did even fifteen years ago. It now has rock hard "cushioning," seat dividers and individually ratcheting lap bars. To say it offers the same ride experience it did 45 years ago is comical. Did you ride it then? I didn't, but I sure wanted to.

How could you say Blue Streak is awful? It has consistently delivered the same ride experience for 45 years....

Blue Streak does not offer the same ride experience it did even fifteen years ago. It now has rock hard "cushioning," seat dividers and individually ratcheting lap bars. To say it offers the same ride experience it did 45 years ago is comical. Did you ride it then? I didn't, but I sure wanted to.

I'm just talking about the airtime Terpy. No I didn't ride it back then but I doubt it didn't airtime when it opened 'til today.

You forgot a few Ohio John Allen. The Jet or as it is now know Sea Dragon at the Columbus Zoo and FOC are both John Allen designs.

You might want to read his post 1. He wants to keep these battles between larger coasters. Neither of those John Allen creations qualify.

I've never seen it in real life, but by the looks of the park map, is Sea Dragon really that small? I'm planning to go to Wyandot..., err Zoombezi Bay next year.

^zing! nice. Blue Streak is sneaky... it's not as high as The Racer, but that thing packs a good punch. Almost every hill gives solid airtime. Not to mention the turnaround, where you feel like you're going to jump the track and fall into the parking lot. And then there's that tiny hill right after the turnaround. I swear that thing is about 15 feet high. It's an all-around great ride that is overshadowed by mammoth coasters, but is still one of the premier rides at that park, in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never been to Cedar Point so I'm not familiar with Blue Streak. Obviously, I'm going to go with The Racer.

Both sides are the same except for the turns, which are in opposite directions. Red seems much smoother than Blue on my recent experiences.

And please keep in mind that The Racer sparked the second golden age of roller coasters, and it has an ACE plaque to show for it.

The north Racer? You mean Gemini?

no, i mean the left side of The Racer (old forward side, now blue side) if you look at a park map or atleast the old ones that show the compass that points north, you can see that The Racer has a north and south side, and the blue racer is the one on the north side.

Blue Streak because it hasn't been Cedar Faired ... I mean trimmed.

Racer's got great air time (especially when the trim is off), but I just really do love Blue Streak. However, red Racer would be really close to tied with Blue Streak without the trim on the turnaround.

1. Red Racer

2. Blue Streak

3. Blue Racer

I enjoy the hills on Red Racer a lot! Blue Racer = OUCH! A lot of people get airtime on Blue Streak, but I have yet to experience it. I REALLY want to like Blue Streak and have tried three different seats. Oh well. I'll get another chance to like it when I go to Cedar Point here soon! ;)