The Who, What, and Where of Haunt 09

StalkerChick

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that would be one of my top choices but I will take anything :) So how hard are the interviews like what should I expect ?

I just had to answer some basic questions of the "Why do you want to work at Haunt?" variety. I was also asked what my favorite attraction was. Then she asked me for my loudest scream, then to get up and do a zombie walk, and then a maniacal clown laugh. Then she told me i'd be in Urgent Scare, handed me my paperwork, and sent me on my way.

It's definitely worth contacting them. I think they do separate interview days for the 15 year olds because you can't work in a haunt attraction, so you'd be lumped in with the non-haunt interviews. But definitely call them and see if they're still hiring 15 year olds. They only have so many positions available for them, so they may be filled, they may not.

I hope someone else will be working in tombstone territory, I don't want to be the only KIC person there! :P For those interviewing today and tomorrow good luck!

Yeah the typical interview and then some thanks ! I kinda want to work The Asylum.

What attraction is the Asylum?

First off The Asylum was the old name for Death Row. Finally don't worry I will be working Tombstone Territory I just found out today after my interview today,now I have to fill out the packet.

Urgent Scare was fun last year, no doubt, and good luck to all who are working US this year.

I opted for the new Haunt, which, of course, shall remain nameless for the time being(even though most of you know what it's called)

TG

This year will be my first year working Haunt and i'll be in US Really looking forward to it.

Also looking forward to going through said nameless attraction on the night that I requested off to go with my out-of-area family.

If you are working the Haunt and have requested the night off. You can not come to the park and go thought the mazes. They look at it as if you can come to the park then you can work.

OMG... please... for someone who's supposedly woked "every" Haunt, you should darn well know that you will see other actors in the park. It happens all the time! and yes, as Kat stated, If you CALL OFF SICK then no your butt better not show up, but if you've requested it specifically off, then yeah, as long as its not a habit and its the only day or 2 you'll be missing.

Can I really ask you to not be so narcissistic to the newcomers working... that'd be super. I'd like to see them return...

Wait. So if you're a Scareactor, then you can't go to Haunt one night to have fun? It's either work every night, or stay away? That's not right. Or, do they give you a night or two off?

No. you are not given a "night or 2" to go through. But there are 2 days during rehersals where the attractions are split into 2 groups. day 1 group a gets their costumes and make up done, and group b goes through group a's attractions, multiple times, so taht they get an idea of what scares work and what don't and so they know what its like with ppl, and to also make sure the costumes and makeup work for said attraction/room/scareactor. Day 2 the groups switch and group b gets makeup and group a goes through. Its actually quite nice... the first 10 times >.< lol

As much as I hate to admit it, i'm working with KIC's favorite stalker at Urgent Scare.

...God help me

BE NICE TO MY RACHEL!! *punches you yet again* :angry::P

I <3 my Giga! :)

Does anyone have an idea when they will announce everything for Halloween Haunt this year including new Haunts?

Yes.

Terpy, in your heart you knew he would

LOL You never let me down! :D But I would imagine they will announce the new things towards the end of the month after interviews are over and they start advertising Haunt hardcore. Thats when ppl will at least know the new name of the attraction.

But I will warn you those working there it will stink for you cuz you'l get the spiel i did last year from dane, that we are not allowed to talk about our attractions until after oepning weekend. There still has to be SOME surprise to it. But once others start talking about it in TR's and whatnot then its free roam. Trust me... it KILLED me (chuckles) last year not being able to mention ANYTHING about US.

Urgent Scare was fun last year, no doubt, and good luck to all who are working US this year.

I opted for the new Haunt, which, of course, shall remain nameless for the time being(even though most of you know what it's called)

TG

This year will be my first year working Haunt and i'll be in US Really looking forward to it.

Also looking forward to going through said nameless attraction on the night that I requested off to go with my out-of-area family.

If you are working the Haunt and have requested the night off. You can not come to the park and go thought the mazes. They look at it as if you can come to the park then you can work.

OMG... please... for someone who's supposedly woked "every" Haunt, you should darn well know that you will see other actors in the park. It happens all the time! and yes, as Kat stated, If you CALL OFF SICK then no your butt better not show up, but if you've requested it specifically off, then yeah, as long as its not a habit and its the only day or 2 you'll be missing.

Can I really ask you to not be so narcissistic to the newcomers working... that'd be super. I'd like to see them return...

Wait. So if you're a Scareactor, then you can't go to Haunt one night to have fun? It's either work every night, or stay away? That's not right. Or, do they give you a night or two off?

No. you are not given a "night or 2" to go through. But there are 2 days during rehersals where the attractions are split into 2 groups. day 1 group a gets their costumes and make up done, and group b goes through group a's attractions, multiple times, so taht they get an idea of what scares work and what don't and so they know what its like with ppl, and to also make sure the costumes and makeup work for said attraction/room/scareactor. Day 2 the groups switch and group b gets makeup and group a goes through. Its actually quite nice... the first 10 times >.< lol

As much as I hate to admit it, i'm working with KIC's favorite stalker at Urgent Scare.

...God help me

Does anyone have an idea when they will announce everything for Halloween Haunt this year including new Haunts?

Yes.

LOL You never let me down! :D But I would imagine they will announce the new things towards the end of the month after interviews are over and they start advertising Haunt hardcore. Thats when ppl will at least know the new name of the attraction.

But I will warn you those working there it will stink for you cuz you'l get the spiel i did last year from dane, that we are not allowed to talk about our attractions until after oepning weekend. There still has to be SOME surprise to it. But once others start talking about it in TR's and whatnot then its free roam. Trust me... it KILLED me (chuckles) last year not being able to mention ANYTHING about US.

I am not being narcissistic as you call it. This is what you will be told. That if you want the day off, then you sould not come to haunt, you can come during the day and enjoy the park. Haunt is only open 16 day and we need everyone there what can work. You are hired on to work the haunt and not to come see the Haunt. If you want to come the Haunt then you should not work it. You are more then welcome to come any days the the Haunt is not going on.

Yes you are right there might be a time that other mazes walk through other mazes. You will find that out at your first or second rehearsel.

• 2 weeks later...

TG

...God help me

Yes.

I am not being narcissistic as you call it. This is what you will be told. That if you want the day off, then you sould not come to haunt, you can come during the day and enjoy the park. Haunt is only open 16 day and we need everyone there what can work. You are hired on to work the haunt and not to come see the Haunt. If you want to come the Haunt then you should not work it. You are more then welcome to come any days the the Haunt is not going on.

Yes you are right there might be a time that other mazes walk through other mazes. You will find that out at your first or second rehearsel.

You definitely cannot come to the park on an off night. If caught you would face termination.