HALLOWEEN HAUNT 2009

thatbandguy8807

Alright It's almost that time of year again!!! With Halloween Haunt just around the corner, I honestly have to say, I cant wait for it...I have been waiting a full year for it to be this time of year again and I know that as each day passes, Halloween Haunt gets closer and closer. I am starting this topic board for everyone to post everything about Halloween Haunt. I did it last year and thought it was a Huge success and still read the old forum from time to time. But with this year, there are once again more additions to the line up. I thought I would get this topic started now so that way we can all see who is as ready for this year's Halloween season as I am...

For myself, last year I stopped helping put together a haunted house for the local elementary school near me. It depressed me and I knew I would have to go to Halloween Haunt to help get over it. I absolutely loved it last year and had a blast and met so many different people from here that worked on the haunt. I am just too excited and cant wait for this year's season. Im sure it will be even better now with Diamondback and rushing through the fog on the first hill. I think that will be an awesome experience getting to the top of the lift hill and looking down and not seeing the bottom of the first hill. then rushing down towards the ground only to fly through the fog and up the second hill. Just the thought of it makes me want to jump up and down. I love everything about halloween and since I work at the park this year, I have been watching them slowly put up props throughout the park and watching it start to transfer right before my eyes. when I come into work and I see a new prop up for Halloween Haunt, I know that its only a matter of time until the undead walk the walkways of Kings Island. I plan on having a great time this year once again and go beyond that since I get to work the haunt this year. I have started counting down the days until the very first day of Halloween Haunt.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, I just realized that you can be walking thru the dense patch of fog (in rivertown). You would hear the horror music playing (this is starting to creep me in the good way). As you near the train depot, you start to see some HUMUNGO footers and support beams. Then out of nowhere, you hear this giagantic roar of biblical porportions(almost like a dinasoar) as the cars of Diamondback come screaming down the hill. Then as it trails away, you can see the backdraft of the fog swirling behind it. OOOooo is it the 17th yet?! (So I can start my rehersals).

OMG, I just realized that you can be walking thru the dense patch of fog (in rivertown). You would hear the horror music playing (this is starting to creep me in the good way). As you near the train depot, you start to see some HUMUNGO footers and support beams. Then out of nowhere, you hear this giagantic roar of biblical porportions(almost like a dinasoar) as the cars of Diamondback come screaming down the hill. Then as it trails away, you can see the backdraft of the fog swirling behind it. OOOooo is it the 17th yet?! (So I can start my rehersals).

yeah I thought about that too...like I said, I just cant wait till it starts...This year as going to be awesome..im just hoping I can go a few times when im not working...I have already started listening to halloween music just because Im too excited and cant wait

Im counting down the days.There is nothing else like it.Just the excitement of being in the park late gets me pumped then you got the cool mazes and the living dead to keep you on edge all night long.Them night rides on The Beast and now d-back heck yeah.It might be colder but it's one heck of a good time.I plan to be up there at least 3 more times before the end of the season.

I do have to say it saddens me a little bit to see Dead Awakening gone from the list of shows for Halloween Haunt but Im sure the new show will be a good one. that was one of the main things I was looking forward to was watching Dead Awakening but I guess thats out of the question...eh, Glad there is so much to do at Kings Island for the Haunt to keep me busy

I watched a video on the Haunt yesterday....then the phone rang, telling me I have seven days. Strange, as my rehearsals begin in six days (16th). :unsure:

Ugh... some of us have to wait until the 18th to get our Haunt fix on. Wait a minute, now my phone's ringing...

That was strange. Now I got a creepy voice saying "Seven days", but in my case it was right. I told the creepy voice about your situation, and it asked me to apologize to you. It said that they've been swamped, they're behind on their calls and they must have forgotten to change it to six days in your case. :lol:

Def. excited for haunt to start this year. It will be different actually working there this year instead of going every Friday and Saturday. Just means I will have to visit some other haunted houses other than KI this year(have already been to 4).

I am pretty nervous about going to my first rehearsal this Monday, the 14th. Fairie Wench told me I had nothing to worry about, but I am still nervous. It's like the first day of school! lol. Speaking of school, apparently my teachers don't like me, and decided to pile projects and tests during the two weeks I have rehearsals. That's going to be fun getting home at 11pm then starting my homework! Then getting back up at 6:30am the next morning! It will all be worth it though!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I know how that is... On Friday I work at Kings Island, get off work around 1:30 am, get home and to bed around 2-2:30, and have to get up and be at my other job by 7 am... But as many of you said... It's gonna be worth it :) oh and for the count down, only two more days and a few hours left....OOOOOHHHHH I CAN'T WAIT!!!! ok enough with caps :P:lol:

Oh and stalkerchick, I work on Adventure Express :)

If I may recommend the Dent Schoolhouse, which is up for the "Best 13 haunted houses in America" award this year. Harrison Road, I guarantee that you will have a frightenly good time!

Who gives out this award? In either case, this is one haunt in the area I've never been to, and I'm hoping to go this year.