Kids Halloween Area

hamoperator

Mom just called with the kids from the kids area in the picnic grove. Everything is on a pay basis this year.

:( Has Kings Island looked at the economy?

Not like last year where you could take the kids and let them do the little games for free.

Kings Island really needs to think this one out....

It's not even worth going to the park for the kids area if they are going to charge. (I was going to say nickle dime'd; but the prices mom said she seen are not nickles or dimes; they were quarters and dollars. :(:(:(

Each candy stop is a single piece of starburst. Same candy at each stop.... KI is getting cheap this year.

They do get one of the small pumpkin gords for free.

Mom just called with the kids from the kids area in the picnic grove. Everything is on a pay basis this year.

Not like last year where you could take the kids and let them do the little games for free.

It's not even worth going to the park for the kids area if they are going to charge. (I was going to say nickle dime'd; but the prices mom said she seen are not nickles or dimes; they were quarters and dollars. :(:(:(

Each candy stop is a single piece of starburst. Same candy at each stop.... KI is getting cheap this year.

Not sure where you got this information. I'm at the park, and I don't see anyone opening their wallet for Howl-O-Fest.

Let's make sure we have all the facts before we blast the park.

Not sure where you got this information. I'm at the park, and I don't see anyone opening their wallet for Howl-O-Fest.

My wife is there right now... and she does know what she is seeing....

screaming rings 50 cents

halloween duck hunt 2.00 per play

tin man tragody 1.00 per bean bag

pumpkin bash 1.00 for 5 bean bags

monster muffin 50 cents ball

sticky fingers 1.00

stuff the scarecrow 50 cents for 3 bean bags

terror tower 2.00 per play

cotton candy 2.00

drink (punch) 1.00

Wife read them to me as she walked the area.

At first I supported the Cedar Fair acquisition of Kings Island, but after all the little changes and price increases, I don't know what to think.

I guess there are pros and cons to Cedar Fair's acquisition-

Pros= New shows, Diamondback, Flight of Fear, Little changes in atmosphere around the park, they are considering a SOB fix

Cons= The Crypt, BLSC, increase in food and game prices, no more Nick or Scooby, no more less freebees during Haunt and other events

I still like Cedar Fair quite a bit better... assuming they do not leave SDATHC and Action Theater SBNO... And even if they do I still like Cedar Fair better...

You said EVERYTHING is on a pay basis this year. Let's see if Hamburgler is right about that:

Twisted Tales Maze. FREE

HayBale Maze. FREE

Dance Party. FREE

Tractor Town. FREE

Foam Pit: FREE

Participation in the Costume Parade: FREE

Pumpkin Patch. FREE

Mr. Cowman Shows. FREE

The Animal Zoo. FREE

Trick or Treat Candy Locations. FREE CANDY!!!!

Skyline Chili & Turkey Legs. COST. Bad Kings Island. Bad. Very Bad. Charging for food products. How dare you in this economy!!!!

Hamburgler said EVERYTHING was on a pay basis. Obviously it's not the way Hamburger has tried to make you believe it is this year with the kids halloween area.

As I said, if you had your facts right you wouldn't look like a buffoon just whining about everything.

Snakepit,

What did hamoperator do to you that he deserves your kind of replys? They seem pretty harsh...especially since if you change his "everything" to "all the games" his post is accurate and helpful. No one is perfect and we all make mistakes...just like you...as witnessed by this quote:

Obviously YOU are not near the games or you would see people opening their wallets. Last year the games were all free...so this is a big change. Another big change is the Starburst candy at ALL of the stops...last year you received a varity of different items.

To paraphrase one of your quotes...let's make sure we have all the facts before we blast a fellow poster.

just left there and yes you pay to play in the kids area in the picnic area.

Snakepit,

What did hamoperator do to you that he deserves your kind of replys? They seem pretty harsh...especially since if you change his "everything" to "all the games" his post is accurate and helpful. No one is perfect and we all make mistakes...just like you...as witnessed by this quote:

Obviously YOU are not near the games or you would see people opening their wallets. Last year the games were all free...so this is a big change. Another big change is the Starburst candy at ALL of the stops...last year you received a varity of different items.

To paraphrase one of your quotes...let's make sure we have all the facts before we blast a fellow poster.

well said, thanks

At first I supported the Cedar Fair acquisition of Kings Island, but after all the little changes and price increases, I don't know what to think.

I guess there are pros and cons to Cedar Fair's acquisition-

Pros= New shows, Diamondback, Flight of Fear, Little changes in atmosphere around the park, they are considering a SOB fix...

I assume for your third pro you meant Firehawk. The only thing Cedar Fair has done for Flight of Fear, to my knowledge, is apply the midcourse brakes to the nonsatisfaction of certain posters here....

Thanks everyone!

I was at work and mom and the kids were at the park calling me on the phone. I didn't get to list everything she was telling me.

As I had as posted, I had planned on a full detail when I got home from work this evening with moms help.

But there are differences from prior years; and I don't understand why the kids are the ones who have to pay for it. The games are a charge this year, and YES there are FREE things for the kids also.

If someone wants to chastise me for giving people heads up, then so be it....

It was a little hard to explain to GatorGirl on Sunday why she couldn't play the games at Howl-O-Fest this year. I wasn't going to pay money for something that was free last year, especially if the prizes were the same quality as they were last year (to be fair, we didn't get close enough to the games to see the prizes, so I don't know if they are the same). I was wondering why there weren't people lined up at the games like there were last year, then I saw the prices. That kept us away from them, and we had to think quickly to come up with something to distract GatorGirl away from the games.

I have only attended Fear Fest then Haunt, this year is my first planned trip to KI for Howl-O-Fest. My question is even with the pay per game basis it sounds like there is still a lot of stuff for the kids to get in to and you also have the rides in Nick U as well. Is it worth it for the kids or not? Just wanting some feedback before we load up the family truckster and head to KI. Thanks

It was a little hard to explain to GatorGirl on Sunday why she couldn't play the games at Howl-O-Fest this year. I wasn't going to pay money for something that was free last year, especially if the prizes were the same quality as they were last year (to be fair, we didn't get close enough to the games to see the prizes, so I don't know if they are the same). I was wondering why there weren't people lined up at the games like there were last year, then I saw the prices. That kept us away from them, and we had to think quickly to come up with something to distract GatorGirl away from the games.

Mom Peanut felt the same way; Mom got close and said it looked like the stuffed toys and suckers that were awarded last year. Our kids didn't understand why they couldn't go from game to game and play like they did last year. Mom said the lines were allot smaller this year than from last year.

I have only attended Fear Fest then Haunt, this year is my first planned trip to KI for Howl-O-Fest. My question is even with the pay per game basis it sounds like there is still a lot of stuff for the kids to get in to and you also have the rides in Nick U as well. Is it worth it for the kids or not? Just wanting some feedback before we load up the family truckster and head to KI. Thanks

The park is worth it, just having to pay-per-play "is the pits".

So now I ask what exactly is Tractor Town

Tractor Town is a hay bale maze that you ride around on little peddle John Deere Tractors in the maze (ages 2-6 in size).

Hope this info helps and some feel is accurate.

• 2 weeks later...
I assume for your third pro you meant Firehawk. The only thing Cedar Fair has done for Flight of Fear, to my knowledge, is apply the midcourse brakes to the nonsatisfaction of certain posters here....

I think he meant the possibility of it being removed, like FoF at KD would have become Soundwave at (then) PCW.

SnakePit, do you work for Cedar Fair Entertainment Company? Oh, and if you didn't see anyone opening their wallet, you didn't look very far: http://howlofest.visitkingsisland.com/publ...yone_winner.cfm .

I think he meant the possibility of it being removed, like FoF at KD would have become Soundwave at (then) PCW.

SnakePit, do you work for Cedar Fair Entertainment Company? Oh, and if you didn't see anyone opening their wallet, you didn't look very far: http://howlofest.visitkingsisland.com/publ...yone_winner.cfm .

C'mon now really! Is fifty cents or a dollar really gonna break someone for their kids to play a game and win a prize? If it is then you probably shouldn't be at KI to begin with.