HalloWeekends 10/24/09 Trip Report

kiruler102

I was invited by my friend to go to CP with them on the 24th. This was my first visit to the park since 2003( 6yrs). I had a blast.

We lefted from Florence, KY at 10:45(45 minutes behind schedule) and got to Sandusky at 3- 3:30 ish.

We then went to check intothe Breakers Express, Which IMO is a pretty nice hotel. After checking in and taking bags to our rooms we went to Ryans Steakhouse.

We didnt get to CP til 6:15, it was VERY CROWDED. I think we parked in 60 somethin. We finally found a place to park and made our way to the entrance. I went and bought my ticket and off we went.

I wanted to ride demon drop but the line was to the entrance sign, but i dont think any queues were open, but they said we will ride it befor we leave. So we walked back to see that Raptor was closed :( i wanted to ride it but couldnt. My non coaster friend who many people on here know, wanted to ride Super Himalaya i think(spinny ride by power tower and TTD Station). After that we saw that TTD queue was full and exceeded down the fence by the bleachers. So we said no. We also noticed that Corkscrew was 45 minutes so we didnt ride that.

We walked to Magnum which was posted at a 30 minute wait but only took 20. We sat in the 3rd seat from theback and it was AMAZING. Ejector time all over, nice speed, just an amazing ride.

When we got off i wanted to ride Witches Wheel, (2 cycle wait) then we went through Carn-Evil.

After that we notied that Gemini had a 45 minute wait so didnt ride it. We walked and Walked til we saw maverick. I really wanted to ride it but the queue was full, exceeding to the midway. So we hopped out of line and rode Mean Streak in the back car. Good, SMOOTH ride, not too fast but overalla reat coaster.

We headed to Skyhawk, Posted at a 30 min wait. It was a fun FLAT ride. too short but really fun.

They then wanted to go through a haunted attraction so we waited 45 MINUTES!!! for undertaker U. Ovrall a pretty good haunt. 8/10

Headed over to Frontier trail and walked through Fright Zone, they got me a couple of times. Went over to Millenium Force only an hour, tried out the test seat and it just wouldnt work. :( I will try back next year so we headed to Mantis. 15 minute wait and front car. GREAT/ SMOOTH ride. then it was 15 til 12 so we headed to the front since 15 minutes isnt enough time to walk to mverick, so we headed to raptor to see it running but with 3 minutes til 12 they wanted to shop at a gift shop so no raptor or no demon drop :( but overall a great night at Cedar Point americas roller coast.

Ride count: Magnum

Mean Streak

Skyhawk

Mantis

Witches wheel

Super Himalaya.

Sorry Diamondback but Magnum is my #1 steel now :(:)

I just got back. I was there yesterday about 5:30-close and today 10-4. Yeah I agree yesterday was very crowded, but we got a lot of rides in. I wasn't really impressed with Undertaker U. Happy Jack's Toy Factory was awesome and hilarious though! Today wasn't bad at all. I also did Club Blood, where the Vampire theme is a lot more apparent, and Eerie Estate, which didn't really live up to the great reviews.

Sorry we never got to hangout. The park was so crowded, I was ready to leave and ended up leaving at 9! That's not like me to want to leave a park early, especially CP! Sucks you didn't get to ride much, I hate going to parks with non enthusiasts. You don't want to be rude and tell them where to go, but they always go to the wrong places at the wrong time.

A smooth ride in the back on MS? I have never heard of such things.

You aren't joking! I'm surprised he still has a spine! :lol:

Dustin, I'm glad you finally got to go to CP. But one day, you'll have to go on a Tuesday or a Sunday. Or stay for two days. Saturdays at CP, no matter what time of the year, are total suicide.

Saturdays at CP, no matter what time of the year, are total suicide.

Saturdays during Halloweekends are actually busier than most Saturdays in July and August. It is nuts.

Now Sundays during Halloweekends, that is the time to go, with the exception of Columbus Day weekend.

Saturdays at CP, no matter what time of the year, are total suicide.

Saturdays during Halloweekends are actually busier than most Saturdays in July and August. It is nuts.

Now Sundays during Halloweekends, that is the time to go, with the exception of Columbus Day weekend.

I'd agree completely. I know it's not feasible for a lot of people, but Friday nights in September and October are among the best days we've had at any park, much less CP. Getting even more specific, the first Friday night after Labor Day has been golden for us. This year on that day the first hour and a half after opening (with early entry) not only could you walk on to Maverick but probably have the train to yourself. MF only was running full trains because people were using the walk-through gate on the unload platform to hop right back onto the next train. Granted, this was a day that was originally supposed to be closed to the public this year, but hey, whatever works!

It is amazing to see the variance in crowds from Saturday to Sunday this time of year. The only park we've run into crowd issues on Sundays in October is Great Adventure, and even then if you get there early enough it's still very doable.

It's insanse how busy CP is on a Saturday night during Haunt. During Mavericks opening year we went, and arrived just before 5. Here is my ride count that night.

Raptor

Dragster

Maverick

Skyhawk

Chick Filet - I'm counting this because chick filet was super busy too!

We didnt even have time to try and go into some haunts.

It's insane how busy CP is on a Saturday night during Haunt. During Mavericks opening year we went, and arrived just before 5. Here is my ride count that night.

Raptor

Dragster

Maverick

Skyhawk

Chick Filet - I'm counting this because chick filet was super busy too!

We didnt even have time to try and go into some haunts.

I hear you, 100%.

Link to my October 10-12 CP trip last year, from October 11.. a warm, sunny Halloweekends Saturday with a coaster event going on, and it being Columbus Day Weekend. The lines were completely ridiculous.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=248253

EDIT: POST 1,946!! (inside joke for those that know me :P )

It was cold and very busy.I got in at 11 for ert.Headed to MF and was set to get a front seat ride when the ride shutdown for about 20 mins.I heard someone took their seatbelt off while heading up the lift.WHY be that dumb?What sucked for them it started raining.I guess they removed that guest for the day.Being nice they got double rides for being stuck.When i got my turn,man it was cooold but fun.Then when we got back they delayed us to bring out another train.They were cool to us as they let us ride again for the delay.Thank you.

Later in the day the line was about a 2 hour wait.To add to that someone passed out in line i guess.Emt's got there and rolled him out.

TTD was down for most of the day due to high winds.I got close to riding it as i made it to the inside line only to have it shutdown after only 2 cycles.

Seems that light rain and wind can make for a bad day for some of the rides.

I would have went sunday but bring a friend day looked like a busy day as well.

Rides for the day

MF-3

TTD-1

Mean streak-1

Wild cat-1

Rule of thumb,never ever go on a saturday"s

The Saturday I went for HalloWeekends, September 19th, wasn't too bad at all. The longest wait I had was an hour for Maverick. Magnum was a 15 minute wait, Raptor had a 25 minute wait for Mrs. Gator (I failed the test seat so I marathoned Blue Streak...6 rides...while she was in Raptor's line), Mantis was about 20 minutes. We didn't wait for Millie or TTD since I failed those test seats. Haunt-wise, 10 minute wait for Club Blood, 40 minutes for Happy Jack's (so worth it!), 15 minutes for Undertaker U. and 30 minutes for Eerie Estates (mostly because the fire alarms went off and they had to evacuate the building while we were in line).

The Saturday I went for HalloWeekends, September 19th, wasn't too bad at all. The longest wait I had was an hour for Maverick. Magnum was a 15 minute wait, Raptor had a 25 minute wait for Mrs. Gator (I failed the test seat so I marathoned Blue Streak...6 rides...while she was in Raptor's line), Mantis was about 20 minutes. We didn't wait for Millie or TTD since I failed those test seats. Haunt-wise, 10 minute wait for Club Blood, 40 minutes for Happy Jack's (so worth it!), 15 minutes for Undertaker U. and 30 minutes for Eerie Estates (mostly because the fire alarms went off and they had to evacuate the building while we were in line).

I've noticed that it's usually less crowded in September than it is in October during HalloWeekends. You picked a good day to go to CP.