Question about Rides

Son of Beast Savior

In order to use photographs or a video for commercial purposes, one must have permission of identifiable individuals in it unless it is a newsworthy occasion and the video is used only for news purposes. This area of law is very contested...if the photos or video are not for commercial purposes, such permission is generally not needed..but then invasion of privacy issues can become a part of the question unless the photos or video are taken in an indisputably public place.

And speaking of taking pictures, on my architectural trips to Chicago, many times when my classmates and I were in public places inside buildings, such as a food court we ran into trouble. We were taking pictures of the architecture and would often be told by security that they do no permit the taking of pictures inside the premises. My one professor once said to take as many pictures as you can, before you get yelled at and told to leave. I`ve even heard of someone taking a picture of the outside of a building (and this was in the Cincinnati area), and a manager coming out and telling them that they could not take pictures of the building.

^Since taking POV's IS an illegal act in the state of Ohio then I suppose they can take that picture down if they want. Correct?

Photos belong to you even if you broke the law while taking them.

The Photographer's Right

However, if the person were to refuse to delete the photo or video, that photo/video I am assuming, could be used as sufficient enough evidence to eject said person from the park for ignoring the posted guidelines and rules of the park.

If I were given a choice to delete a photo or leave the park...I think I would delete the photo.

If they didn't delete the video, couldn't the police get a warrant/supeona (I think you know what I mean) and use the video/pictures as evidence in a trial (if it got that far)?

Although there is a Fifth Amendment right against self incrimination, that applies to evidence from the accused's own testimony...it generally does not apply to documents, film, etc. And yes, the police (and more likely prosecutor) can seek a subpoena or warrant...whether or not they got it would depend on the decision of the judge...though they likely would be successful in obtaining it....