Kings Island Must Really Read These Posts

KIfan73

Very well put and very well put together page. Also, I found this interesting:

...Far Less Traffic Now Than in 1997 - Kings Island entertains nearly 1 million less people each year than when it was annexed into the city of Mason. During that same period, the city of Mason has nearly tripled in size....

I continually tell people that admissions to KI are down from the nineties....not just per caps are down, but actual admissions are down. This tax cannot help. It will NOT be paid by Kings Island, Cedar Fair or whoever owns the park by then. It will of course be passed on to the customers...

You know the park knows who supports it in times like these and a great showing from KICentral like last time sends a loud message that we are of value, which goes along way when Admin ask to be included in functions and when the park need participants to news and media events.

I do plan to attend as I would like to add comments from where I left off and to explain why my property tax is so much lower than it is in Mason Ohio, I think what Mason is doing with their community is outstanding but visitors should not be forced to pay for their community projects. The only thing that will keep me from attending the KI Tailgate and Masons city council meeting is if the Indianapolis Colts win. In that case I will be taking Miss Rae to the celebration parade or Lucas Oil stadium celebration for the home team Superbowl victory!!!!! :)

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Terpy say this (the tax) is happened to GL? I remember reading about that...

Twasn't me. Cedar Point, Dollywood, Great Adventure all have to put up with these taxes...and they are not cheap. Sandusky, Pigeon Forge, Jackson all get great benefits from the respective parks...and seem to see them as places to generate huge revenues...

Geauga Lake had many issues contributing to its demise, chief among them overbuilding by the organization that numbers its flags.

Someone who thinks it is acceptable that a business only survive, not thrive?

Who does he think employs people? Where does he think many, if not most, of the tourists who visit Mason are going to? The city parks? No...Kings Island, Great Wolf Lodge, The Beach come immediately to mind. If there is to be a Mason, these places need to do more than just survive...they need to thrive.

Tony Bradburn is an idiot. He tried to go head to head with me... with us... at the last meeting. Who the hell does he think he is?

In my opinion, inflammatory comments like this from the site Media Director and a forum Admin do not benefit the argument and actually minimize the impact that you individually and the KIC community as a whole can have on this issue. I'd prefer people to recognize that Mr. Bradburn is likely proposing what he believes is in the best interest of the City of Mason - we as park enthusiasts, along with many others (as referenced on the KI webpage), believe that the approach is misguided and would actually be a detriment to the park, park guests, and the city. I'd encourage those that attend the meeting from KIC on Monday to be respectful and make logical arguments (again, see the KI webpage for examples).

I wish I could go, but I can't. Make sure you guys set 'em straight! I sent an email again, so I sort of helped out a little.

Did you get the standard form letter reply saying that your input was forwarded to council that folks received in November? Reason I'm asking is that I emailed a couple of weeks ago and got nothing this time around.

There's a difference between what can be said here and what can be said when you're addressing council.

I do not believe, even for a fraction of a second, that Bradburn is in any way trying to act in the best interest of the people of Mason or its local businesses. He's been quoted in more than a few articles saying that the tax money would be used to improve the interchanges near Kings Island. However, as pointed out on the main page article, they already have money set aside for that. In fact, they've had it since at least 2006. At the last meeting, someone asked where the money would be going and no one on council had an answer... not even Bradburn, after having his name associated with the interchanges so many times.

It is my honest belief that he is intentionally attempting to mislead the public and the media in order to get this extra $2 million per year. His actions are both fiscally and socially irresponsible. For what, you may ask? Who knows? Maybe he wants new paint in the council chambers... maybe he wants his own company car from the city... maybe he wants a higher grade of coffee in his office... but the money is certainly NOT for interchanges, as he has stated.

So, were my words harsh in the previous post? Certainly. However I'd expect anyone with half a mind to know better than to address the council with the opening line of "Tony Bradburn is an idiot." You've got to give people a little bit of credit.

The meeting last November went extremely well. Tons and tons of people stopped by our protest to show their support. It was a very proud moment for both myself and KIC. I sincerely hope that you, KIfan1980 and Cory, are there to share yet another one with us this Monday.

Ryan - I understand your belief regarding Mr. Bradburn's motivation and opinions and think it is great that we can have the debate on a forum like this. We can agree to disagree on this while still agreeing that no matter the motivation it's still the wrong idea.. I also disagree a little with your "what can be said here" comment though as it wouldn't surprise me if members of council have been on/read portions of KIC regarding this topic (it is a front page google hit to a Mason Admissions Tax) search. As such when we are commenting before council, they may have preconceived impressions based upon what is written here.

I look forward to seeing you on Monday to hopefully celebrate the end of this idea.

Some of us, in effect, have called Cedar Fair management short sighted and have deeply criticized their actions. It is always best to criticize peoples' actions, not the people themselves. People are people, and very few are evil to the core. Most are trying to do what they think is the right thing. Calling them names achieves nothing except to create undue hostility. How would any of us like it if we were called idiots, morons, etc.? Would it make it more likely we would convert to the name caller's position? Or just make us get our backs up and even more determined to do that which the name caller does not like?

Human nature. You can catch more flies with honey than you can with bitters, mud or cow poop!