Where are all the roller coasters going?

Airguy06

Where are the coasters going? They took king cobra out for what, Delrium? Im sorry for the delrium likers but that ride makes me sick! I thought it was a waste. They could have but a really cool coaster there or left kb. I think that the water park is a great idea but what about the coasters? I would have thought that pki is trying to keep up with Cedar Point! Guess not. PKI, You need more coasters! Airguy06@comcast.net

The park is a family park. They dropped out of the rollercoaster wars. PKI is focuing on rides that are better for the families. The new water park will be impressive to say the least!

Why would you wanna be just like the park thats within an easy driving distance. KC was falling apart and the parts were not available. Delirum is a people eater. Thats always a good thing. You may not like it but Its a hit. Scooby has also been a hit. I expect the water park to be the same.. A new coaster will comming soon. Not 2004 but maybe 2005.

First of all, are you saying Delirium was a waste? Or maybe you were talking about some other ride called "delrium" not Delirium. Because King Cobra was not near as fun and did not attract near as many people as Delirium has. And, ofcourse PKI is competing with CP. Not the way you see it. They're competing in PROFITS. Kings Island isnt just a park with bragging rights who say "we have the best coasters," they can say they make a great deal of profits. They removed one old coaster, and you think they're taking them out? And, dont take offense at this reply, but PKI DOESN'T need more coasters. You should be happy PKI has as many as they do.

Yup I agree. I think pki will stay on their usual shedule of a new bigger coaster every 3-5 years. Inbetween them they will add stuff like delerium. PKI will get the coasters with time they care about profits not status. Just like what sobrider said. I dont think they are out of the coaster race. They wouldnt have built sob if they did that. Coasters just arent gonna be the main focus like cp. Youll get a great coaster every so often. But a great park edition every year. Werent they suppose to get a 4d coaster this year? But backed out at the last minute and threw in delerium?

Ok, PKI is just fine and dandy when it comes to coasters. CP doesn't a legendary Coaster at the park do they, nope. I didn't think so. They took our King Cobra for the safty of the people, not just to get rid of it for fun. They miss it too, but is is for YOUR own good. Our maybe you just really like people to die? Who Knows! I can say that I would like to see a coaster come to PKI some time soon but I'm not gonna complain about it because I'm sure that the is company that PKI has signed up with to design and build a coaster in the near future. So thats it over with. We know we have the best coasters they are just throewing up some piece of garbage every year os Six Flags Magic Mountain would beat them silly! No offince to the decend ride at CP(Mill Force, and Blue Steak etc...)Now TOP THRILL DRAGSTER is well in my opinion not a worldclass ride considering it was down for a month, and it's only 15 second long! Thats a waste! As for PKI our coasters are at least unique lets alone fun! laugh.gif Deirium is just fine!! That is probubly the best flat ride in the park let alone in the state. And i don't think it is a waste consitiderng it costed PKI a bunch of money to build the monster. I don't mind if you don't like it, that actually really good, just one less person who cloges the line, which makes it longer. Sp why don't we just look at what we have in fround of us and be happy that we have that!!

Have fun with my opinion and I'm very sorry if i HURT anyones opinion, thats your problem!

Edited by PKICoasterFreek

I really think that they know what they're doing. I'm sure they didn't take KC out just because they felt like it. They had their reasons.

Now, Delirium may not be the most thrilling ride in the world, but it is easily one of the most fun rides in the park. I haven't hesitated to let you guys know that I'd choose PT over SDATHC any day, but at the same time, they needed something new to spark the interest of the general public.

Next time you disagree with the new attraction that the park is putting in, just keep in mind that they put a lot of thought into what they're doing. They don't just drop tens of millions of dollars into things that sound good. They do countless surveys and have countless hour of future planning. Just becaue you think something doesn't sound that great, doesn't mean that ten thousand people don't disagree with you.

Let me think here for a minute... does Cedar Point have a legendary coaster, Let me see, Magnum yeah I think that it one, Millennium Force, said to be the greatest ride in the world, and Raptor is one of the best inverts, and now they got Top Thrill Dragster. So don't even try to say Cedar Point doesn't have a legendary coaster. Magnum was voted the best ride in the world until one coaster beat it, and that was MIllennium Force. Pkicoasterguy have you ridden Top Thrill Dragster, nope, because if you have you would not say it is a waste, it may only be fifteen seconds, but it is the best fifteen seconds ever.

Edited by skatefanjeff

Pki has the most legendary woodies, Cedar Point has the most legendary steel coasters, and Cedar Points are even more legendary. First coaster over 200 ft., first coaster over 300 ft. and now the first coaster over 400 ft. Cedar Point is the best at breaking the limits and just destroying every other park in ratings and evrey thing else.

Edited by skatefanjeff

For Pete's sake, this horse is dead. Knock it off.

Yes, CP has added more coasters over the years. But they have also spent more money. And while official attendance figures are not released by each park, there are reports that give out estimations and the parks are pretty much even. Also think about profit margins. If you owned a company would you want high revenue with a low profit margin or lower revenue with high profit margin. I don't have access to what PKI pulls in every year but I can safely say they will have higher profit margins than CP. even if CP beats them in attendance.

KC was removed because of maintenace and safety. I can recall it being closed a lot during its later years. And for MF being the best RIDE ever, you need to get out more. Visit IOA and ride Spiderman. Then you will know the BEST RIDE ever.

Edited by IcarusLives

Kings Island has more inversions then cp and it has more suspended coasters. Also stuff had to happen for cp to get those coasters. They are both great parks. Im sure cp coaster wise is a ton better other then woodie's and I havnt even been there yet. Im just talking about coasters that had a big impact on the coaster world. Which Magnum did have a HUGH impact but I dont think mf had that big of one. Only time will tell.

Yea im sure it did but as a overall effect on coasters it only has really one impact and that is steel dragon. Im sure it was a mad house opening day. Wish I was there but that was before I liked that feeling going down the first drop heh and I hadnt even been on top gun yet w0w. Took 3 times on top gun for me to start liking the first drop which I use to not like as a kid cause of a bad experience that scared me off. Didnt get up the guts to actually ride other stuff until this past summer. Funny though you wake up that day wandering if your gonna have the courage to get on Vortex and b4 you know it your bored with sob. Another reason was I get migraines easy and they are the worst feeling. I cant even walk they hurt so bad so I was scared it would cause one to.

Ok, about CP. I'm tired of hearing about it so much!! I mean yea cool it has good rides but its not the same when there just big rides I mean you gotta have the small rides or it's not as much fun. And they look at you like a person who I cant explain it has a whole bunch of money and they want some of it. I mean they charge for there water park. I think thats pretty gay but hey thats just me.

And some people in this world have brothers or sisters that cant ride the big rides because of a mental disability or a pical one. My brother has autism and he cant ride anything but he rides The Beasty but hes getting too big but he LOVES scoodydoo and thats a slow ride that he could ride for the rest of his life but CP would never ever have a ride like that all they think about is money and breaking world records. Thats my opinion!! mad.gif

Couldn't disagree more with CP only builds for records. And, danielradsgrl, you don't think PKI is concerned with money? Let's just say that we are lucky enough to have two great parks in one state that are different, and leave it at that. CP does have many flat rides and do care about families too. From what I understand, CP is supposed to be re-vamping their kids' area, IMO, due to how nice PKI's is. PKI only has an edge in coasters as far as woodies go, but CP is tops when it comes to steel. And, that's the reason I think that PKI's next coaster addition will be steel whether it be a hyper, giga, inverted, flying, etc.

sobrider, you said something about PKI being more of a "family" park earlier in the topic - it sounds like you're saying CP isn't. i'm not sure if i agree...

PKI has recieved the golden ticket award for the best kiddie land of any park for a few years now and also has world class coasters (don't get me wrong), however you have to know more about CP that its record-breaking rides.

CP is a great family park...if i could compare PKI and CP like this i would:

i believe PKI is more of a 65/35 park - 65 for the "family" part and 35 for the "world-class ride" part. just look at hanna-barbara land (or whatever it's called now). it's AMAZING for an amusement park. PKI also has rides like The Beast and Son of Beast and drop zone which are world-class rides.

i also believe CP is more of a 35/65 park - 35 for the "family" part and 65 for the "world-class ride" part. TTD, MF, M XL-200...enough said. its more world class.

it's obvious that pki has a higher aim to be MORE of a family park than say a six flags installment, however in no way is CP not a family park.

I agree that yea pki is after your money but there nice about it and get it other ways then charging for there water park I just think thats really really gay.

CP is a resort. People go to CP for 2-3 days at a time because the park is very big and has the most rides over everyone else. PKI does not have this option since almost 95% of their guests do not stay on park property. A majority of the guests will go to PKI and ride the rides instead of BB if there was an extra charge since they are not staying on park property. After leaving any waterpark, I like to take a shower, and have a nice sit-down meal. Unfortunatly at PKI, you can take a shower, but it is not very private; and there are no sit-down restaurants in the park. This is probably the reason WaterWorks is on longer there, and Boomerang Bay is supposed to be more of a "resort" atmosphere.

Disney World charges for their 3 waterparks. Are they "gay" as well?

Well after reading all the posts in this subject I figured I would give my opinion.

I'm from Pittsburgh and I grew up with Kennywood Park.(very small parkwith lots of good traditional rides nice coasters etc. gets voted every year as one of the best traditional parks in the country)and I hear this same argument on there web site all the time.

Well this summer I had a choice to go to any park I wanted to go and I chose PKI and I was very impressed with there park (so much so that I purchaced season passes for 2004) it Has a very traditional feel lots of nice rides great coasters appeals to all people.I did all my research based on peoples opinions internet and what ive heard and decided not to go to Cedar Point (3 hour waits in lines more people and crowds just doesent work for me)

They are in two different classes of parks its like comparing apples and oranges.But time will tell what the future holds for both parks.Seems like CP is running out of land and PKI still has lots of land left to expand .They are just growing at different paces and I would be real curious to see where they are at 25 years from now.

Putting in a coaster just to say you have more than anyone else just seems so childish.I think Quality is more important than Quanity PKi may not have as many but I think what they have are all well thought out with good theming and locations.

Can someone finally kill this topic? It's been around as long as I've been here, and from the looks of it, much longer!

PKI and Cedar Point are different parks. Can't we just leave it at that? It sounds almost egotistical of us to argue over which park is better, just so we can say that we have the better one. Please!

I've never been to CP, but I am a long time fan (8 years) of PKI. But I don't go around putting down other amusement parks because of it. Opinions are just that, opinions, but arguing over which park is better seems almost sad to me.

The two parks complement each other wonderfully, from what I hear...can't we just settle on an agree to disagree?

Of course, I realize that arguing is human. Several months back, I was visiting Maryland, to see a few relatives. My 15 year old cousin, my father and I went to Six Flags America there. My cousin had never been to PKI, his only basis for comparison was a few photos I showed him at rcdb.com, and the fact that I told him it was similar to PKD (where he went when he was a little kid, and only rode their "Beastie" type coaster...he said that park was gay). For much of the day, he was talking about how great SFA was (And it was a great park), and how much PKI sucked. He went on and on about it, and I felt like I had to defend my park, so I started doing what he was doing...later, I remembered what I said, and felt so stupid, and realized how immature what we said really was.

Edited by Crazy31088

In response to the original post (before closing). PKI obviously, for years now, has not been trying to keep up with Cedar Point on coasters. The park will take out rides that are falling apart or going to be more costly to maintain then to run if something new will make more money.

This thread turned into a PKI vs. Cedar Point debate. We all know that will never end. Closed.