2010 Kings Island -- VEGETARIAN Menu

selective

I, for one, am not a vegetarian and have no plans to ever become a vegetarian. But I applaud Selective's efforts to provide this information to those who are. Other parks (one with a giant mouse comes to mind immediately) do a great job providing this information themselves. If CF isn't going to do this, then it's good to see someone care enough to take this on themselves. As a parent of a kid with a peanut allergy (which hopefully she'll grow out of... we'll find out in a couple of months when she gets re-tested), it would also be nice if the park provided food allergy information on their website. But at least they provide signage in the park at the locations that do use peanut based products (such as peanut oil at Potato Works).

Which is an interesting aside. At most parks, one can buy large, baked-in-park cookies...for atrocious prices, sure, but really good cookies. Are such things at KI? If so, I ain't found them...

Ah, Terpy, you're taking me back to my first job... 1989, I was 16 and working at La Patisserie Francaise (The French Bakery) on International Street. Excellent cookies, elephant ears, brownies, cream puffs, cinnamon & pecan rolls and other goodies all made right there on site. Now, it's been downgraded to a Starbuck's and we're stuck with Cinnabon. Sigh...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Don't Eat The Green Beans!!!

The Green Beans at

Rivertown Junction Dining Hall & Outer Hanks Shrimp Shack

are mixed with Bacon Bits

-----

I just converted the menu to a web page for easier browsing, and copying

I'm adding all the new food info now, I think I missed two places though so I'll have to make another visit to the park to completely finish the new menu. Also, I still need a few more pics. I forgot to get a pic of the place by The Vortex and of the new pub in Boomerang Bay.

I'm adding all the new food info now, I think I missed two places though so I'll have to make another visit to the park to completely finish the new menu. Also, I still need a few more pics. I forgot to get a pic of the place by The Vortex and of the new pub in Boomerang Bay.

Bold and Capitolizaation added:

*Shudders*

lol :)

Bold and Capitolizaation added:

*Shudders*

lol :)

LOL. Very Funny!

I'm sure the bacon in the green beans isn't artificial bacon!

------------------------------

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!! Juke Box Diner which was originally known for burgers only, is now serving ONION RINGS!!!! OMG :o

The park years ago used to sell their world famous Giant Size ONION RINGS where Chick-Fil-A stands now, and I was so mad when I saw the world famous giant size Onion Rings leave the park. So now the park got Onion Rings back, this is so exciting :o

They go great with milk shakes also.

I'm sure the bacon in the green beans isn't artificial bacon!...

And you are sure of this how exactly? Perhaps the same way you were sure Beast was added on to? Real bacon is expensive. "Bacon bits" are cheaper, don't spoil and many people cannot tell the difference in cooked items.

Me? I don't eat green beans anymore. Life is too short to eat things I no longer like!

IMO, if you're a vegetarian, you should just eat outside of the park. It's much cheaper, and what most other season passholders already do. And you don't know what the "vegetarian" stuff is made with.

Good job putting this together, though. If I was a vegetarian, I would use it.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

IMO, if you're a vegetarian, you should just eat outside of the park. It's much cheaper, and what most other season passholders already do. And you don't know what the "vegetarian" stuff is made with.

Good advice then...

Now?

• Like 1

Good advice then...

Now?

I still have the 2010 Vegetarian Menu on my computer as a Word Doc file. How do I upload it to the forum so I can share it with everyone here? Or is that feature of the forum no longer working?

Update: 05-28-2016

I just added it by copy and paste, so the only thing missing are the photos, because I had photos added to help people easily identify the locations.

About now, is the menu still good now? Well, over the years, Kings Island hardly ever changes their food options. Sometimes they add something small, or remove something small, and most of the time, they have extra food places that pretty much stay closed all summer unless they have a really large crowd to attend to. So most of the food options do stay the same.

If anyone wants to add new locations to the menu, feel free to do so, and I'll check in from time to time to try and add the updates to the first post. Also, let me know if anything on the menu changes.

• Like 1

Can someone add "Juke Box Diner"?

I need a detailed list of all their menu options, including food, drinks, and any add on options.

If someone could just take pictures of their food menu in the park, and then post those pictures for me, that will work. Thanks.

• Like 1

Rivertown Junction is long since gone.

The menu at Reds Hall of Fame Grill shares virtually nothing in common with it.

Is that a new place completely, or did it replace something?

Update:

Oh... it replaced Rivertown Junction

• Like 1