Starlight experiance

CrashOverRided

It doesn't look like the lights will "enclose" you as you walk through it like at Cedar Point. I'm interested to see how this turns out.

thats what i was thinking, however there are alot of trees and bushes involved, like i stated in the post they trenched alot of power and data cables thro the grass. i was trying to find out where the controller box was. i posted this video before but it is cool its a Behind the Scenes Tour of how it works.

there are several parts

Why would they wait to announce this until after opening day?

So as not to take attention away from their major investment: Planet Snoopy. As far as the maps, I'm sure it will be on the map once it's announced (they don't print the whole season's worth right at the beginning, methinks).

I'm excited to see how the show turns out. CP's was truly awe-inspiring, but I hope KI ditches the show-scene design concept in their version. The areas around the tower are beautiful, and just having the LEDs "dance" to a nice soundtrack would be great. If they were going to go with different scenes, I'm not sure how accessible that area is to have the floats brought in? CP closes the Frontier Trail for an hour (it is an hour, right?) before the show to move the floats in from an offstage area. There aren't any backstage access gates close to the tower, as far as I know, so I'm not sure how they'd manage that.

I've heard it's far from finished, so saying it won't be as well done as CP's is a little early to decide.

I thought I saw lights on the tower too, but I'm not sure. They would have been high up. I wonder if the tower will be involved in this. Could you imagine how cool that would be?

It would be really cool. Especially if they continue to keep lighting the front of the tower with those bright lights that have been shining on the front of the tower since 2005. Just imagine how it would look if both the front and back were lit, even if the back was lit differently.

On the subject of the park maps, they can and do have different park maps fr different times of year. Many years back they put the dates on the front of the maps, but they no longer do that.

It would be really cool. Especially if they continue to keep lighting the front of the tower with those bright lights that have been shining on the front of the tower since 2005. Just imagine how it would look if both the front and back were lit, even if the back was lit differently.

On the subject of the park maps, they can and do have different park maps fr different times of year. Many years back they put the dates on the front of the maps, but they no longer do that.

With CP's system, they have the ability to use the LEDs on the roof of the FT tunnel as a "screen" they can use to create shapes and words. They didn't use it this way last year (probably because the associated programming is very involved) but the capacity is there. Could you imagine having the face of the tower covered with a matrix like this? They could do image and word generation the whole height of the tower... tie it into the Fireworks shows... Holy crap.

With CP's system, they have the ability to use the LEDs on the roof of the FT tunnel as a "screen" they can use to create shapes and words. They didn't use it this way last year (probably because the associated programming is very involved) but the capacity is there. Could you imagine having the face of the tower covered with a matrix like this? They could do image and word generation the whole height of the tower... tie it into the Fireworks shows... Holy crap.

Caution! Thinking big has burned us before!

Well, so has thinking small...

KI's done this... sort of. In 2007's Nights of Fire display, the tower had moving stars projected on it. I haven't seen it since so I assume that this was rented equipment, but at least we know it's do-able.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KICentral?blend=2&ob=1#p/u/21/FddkBpRtZlE

You can see it very briefly right before the 2:00 mark. You can also see the tower going absolutely nuts at the end of the video, which I think was also from a different lighting package than we've had in the past few years.

Also, don't forget that Kings Island had "Holiday Illuminations" at Winterfest in 2005. That show was amazing. And to think, the entertainment people who are there now are way better than before. Maybe the light show this year will have similarities...

KI's done this... sort of. In 2007's Nights of Fire display, the tower had moving stars projected on it. I haven't seen it since so I assume that this was rented equipment, but at least we know it's do-able.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KICentral?blend=2&ob=1#p/u/21/FddkBpRtZlE

You can see it very briefly right before the 2:00 mark. You can also see the tower going absolutely nuts at the end of the video, which I think was also from a different lighting package than we've had in the past few years.

I remember that well...

While projections onto the tower looked cool, having the imagines originate from the tower would look incredible. I've seen it done (on a much smaller scale) and this method, if they ever did it, would blow you away. The lumination of the LEDs causes the background (in this case - the tower) to become invisible to the eye, so these giant images are just suspended in space. Such an awesome effect. B)

Does Kings Island still do a big 4th of July Celebration like Nights of Fire?

Yes, and every year claims to be their biggest year ever.

It only takes one more firework to be bigger than the year before....

Yep, plus there's an obvious error in syntax since they never define what "bigger" means. ha ha ha But back to the issue at hand...

I've heard it's far from finished, so saying it won't be as well done as CP's is a little early to decide.

I thought I saw lights on the tower too, but I'm not sure. They would have been high up. I wonder if the tower will be involved in this. Could you imagine how cool that would be?

THAT WOULD BE AWSOME!!!!!!