Cedar Fair: The Fun & Only

This thread is for CF's new chain-wide slogan. You can use this thread for anything about this slogan.

During FlashForward, a CP commercial played. It seems kind of weird that I saw it because I haven't seen a CP commercial since 2006. I haven't seen ANY KI commercials. I live in the Indianapolis area. This must mean that CP extended their market area, and KI decreased theirs.

Anyway, here's the commercial:

"Cedar Point" doesn't seem to fit as well as "Kings Island", IMO. What do you think?

if they truly are trying to expand CPs marketability while decreasing KIs I do not see good things coming from this at all. Mark my words, but if it comes down to having to sell off some parks I see KI being the first to go but we may be losing somethings..... maybe Im just pessimistic....

First of all, I think you are reading way too much into this. I highly doubt it means that they are decreasing KI`s advertising reach. Rather, because CP has a new multi-million attraction this year, they may be marketing it more in new markets to try and drive business. And remember, that Cedar Point is only one source of revenue up in Sandusky. They have hotels up there that also account for additional revenue, beyond just the park.

if they truly are trying to expand CPs marketability while decreasing KIs I do not see good things coming from this at all. Mark my words, but if it comes down to having to sell off some parks I see KI being the first to go but we may be losing somethings..... maybe Im just pessimistic....

They're not about their lose the monopoly in Ohio anytime soon. Out of the 12 parks that Cedar Fair owns, Kings Island is the next most popular park (next to Cedar Point, obviously). If KI is sold off independently, everyone and their mother-in-law will jump up to buy it, which means the Point will have to go back to competing with the Island whoever gets it. Which also means the possibility of seeing another Worlds of Adventure if KI gets into the wrong hands and becomes over-saturated within a short period of time (between 2-4 years) in an attempt to compete with "America's Roller Coast".

Now, granted, when Paramount took control of the park, they went the route of making it an "Everybody's" theme park (minus the blatant self-promotion of films and television shows) by creating attractions for everyone, but they still needed to add big rides to both appeal to thrill seekers and drag people away from Cedar Point. Just look at the (big) coasters added during Paramount's reign (not including Top Gun/Thunder Run and I'm starting in 1994):

- Flight of Fear (1996)

- Face/Off (1999)

- Son of Beast (2000)

...and now compare that to the (big) coasters that Cedar Point added (I'm starting at 1994):

- Raptor (1994)

- Mantis (1996)

- Millennium Force (2000)

- Wicked Twister (2002)

- Top Thrill Dragster (2003)

- Maverick (2007)

Everything I wrote here (minus the coasters and the dates) is only my opinion and pure speculation, of course.

But that list also isn't incredibly fair... Coasters aren't all that count, even in the "big" rides to compete with Cedar Point. For example, both Tomb Raider, Drop Zone, & Delirium were milestones, and just added to our impressive collection of flats that Cedar Point just couldn't beat... Or, so it seemed... So if you had a comparison between everything except coasters, Kings Island would've blown Cedar Point out of the water! It's all in the wording.

But that list also isn't incredibly fair... Coasters aren't all that count, even in the "big" rides to compete with Cedar Point. For example, both Tomb Raider, Drop Zone, & Delirium were milestones, and just added to our impressive collection of flats that Cedar Point just couldn't beat... Or, so it seemed... So if you had a comparison between everything except coasters, Kings Island would've blown Cedar Point out of the water! It's all in the wording.

Which is why I only listed coasters. Given the fact Cedar Point is nicknamed "America's Roller Coast", people are more inclined to talk about the Point's array of coasters more than anything else the park has to offer. Especially since most of the Point's ads center around their coasters than rides like maXair or Power Tower.

I just hate how they're using the same commercials and slogans for all the parks. If KI, Cedar Point, KD, and all the other parks are the "Fun and Only,".....then how is it the only one......

I just don't understand how hard it is to come up with a different slogan for each park.

So, Kings Dominion is the only name that actually fits well into the song?

The rest of the parks are awkwardly trying to stretch / squeeze into four syllables:

Kee-eengs Is-land.

Cee-Dar Poooi-oiinnt.

Can-a-da's Wonnnn-der-land

Car-o-wih-inds

I don't even WANT to hear California's Great America's...

Kings Island: Fun of Many

So, Kings Dominion is the only name that actually fits well into the song?

Kee-eengs Island.

Cee-Dar Poooi-oiinnt.

Can-a-da's Wonnnn-der-land

Car-o-wih-inds

I don't even WANT to hear California's Great America's... Kings Island: Fun of Many

I think both Kings Island and Kings Dominion fit, but none of the others fit as well as they do.

I want to hear Geauga Lake's (if the slogan is truly chain-wide, or just for the amusement parks).

GeaugaLake'sWildwaterKingdom... the Fun & Only!:lol:

Kings Island is the Only one that sounds like the whole thing is recorded by the same people. The others sound like the names wereput in.

Also, KI is the only one that says the "the" at the beginning of the slogan.

That made more sense in my head...:huh:

I don't know why they would try to expand CP into the Indy market and pull KI out. Living in Indy I often drive to KI a couple times a month since it is only a couple of hours. I make one tripe a year to CP since it is twice drive.

Three words: Shoot the Rapids.

You're all wet! :)

Terpy, who thinks soaking people on that flume replacement ride is one of the dumbest things FUN has done in a very long time....He'd love to see Mr. Kinzel in a suit and tie ride that thing on its wettest setting...without slicker or bumbershoot.

I have to agree Terpy. All the hype they put out last year for a IMO not so FUN looking flume left a bad taste. There was much more interest in the new rides at KD & CW even though they were considerably farther away.

Well, it is the flagship park so of course they're going to advertise more towards Cedar Point no matter what ride they put in.

I don't know why they would try to expand CP into the Indy market and pull KI out. Living in Indy I often drive to KI a couple times a month since it is only a couple of hours. I make one tripe a year to CP since it is twice drive.

thats probably why. they want the numbers to jump at the home park..... maybe im just paranoid, but I wouldnt be keeping it real with out at least wondering what the motives are behind the advancement into Indiana for one park in particular....

\Out of the 12 parks that Cedar Fair owns, Kings Island is the next most popular park (next to Cedar Point, obviously).

Actually I'm pretty sure it goes

-Canada's Wonderland

-Kings Island

-Cedar Point

....I think.

\Out of the 12 parks that Cedar Fair owns, Kings Island is the next most popular park (next to Cedar Point, obviously).

Actually I'm pretty sure it goes

-Canada's Wonderland

-Kings Island

-Cedar Point

....I think.

Visitation has nothing to do with popularity.