A Couple Quick KI Questions

clueless.

And yet another new member! :) Hello to all - I do hope that I'm posting this in the right section!

I'm planning on going to KI sometime this month on a Sunday evening (I'll probably be getting the Starlight Admission). I've been to KI several times when I was younger, but this is my first time going in three years (and may I add that I'm super excited?!).

So my big question to all of you is: is there a suggested "route" that I should take once I get to the park, considering I only have about 5 hours (give or take) in the park and I want to hit as many coasters as possible in that time? I'm not sure how the wait times for rides are going to work out. Or should I just go on whatever I want, considering that I'm already getting to KI pretty late in the day? Any wait time estimates for rides on Sundays would be greatly appreciated (I know that it all depends on the weather and things, but even a range of times would be super helpful. :D I hope they're not too bad...).

Also, some other questions:

* The last few times I've been to the park, I remember that the lines for Adventure Express and Top Gun/Flight Deck were pretty much non-existant; I could literally just walk up and ride, or the lines would be about 5 minutes at most. Is that still true now, especially in the evening-ish, or was I just super lucky then?

* And then for Firehawk - the last time I've been to the park was in '07, and I remember waiting for close to two hours to get on the ride. So I wanted to try out something else - does anyone know the time that the line for Firehawk usually closes off (so if the park closes at 10:00, like 9:00 or 9:30ish? I have no idea - but I figured that instead of trying to wait for Firehawk during the majority of the 5 hours, I might as well just swing by at the end to try and squeeze in a ride - if that's even a possibility? Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. I'm guessing the wait time is still pretty long though).

* Finally - suggestions for nighttime rides? :)

Thank you guys in advance! The forum is so nice, and it's been really entertaining to just browse through the different topics on here. :)

edit: I MADE IT TO KI! :) Hahaha I have posted my trip report as well - thank you to all for your advice!

Well first welcome I'm pretty new here too. Second, AE and FD are usually just walk-ons unless the park is super busy and FH usually is about 45 minutes during the day and about 10 in the evening around 7ish. I almost forgot if you ride FD ride in the very front as I think it's the best seat beacuse you feel your going much faster than what you really are it might have all of a 2 minute wait but it's well whorth it. Have fun smile.gif

Welcome to KIC!

The path that the general public usually follows starts with Diamondback early in the morning, flowing through Rivertown, then ending in the Action Zone in the evening. Since you'll be visiting in the evening, the lines around Rivertown and Coney Mall should be short enough. If you stay until late the park will clear out giving you short waits on just about all the rides. I would suggest starting in Rivertown and working your way to Action Zone. However, before you leave I recommend stopping by The Beast and getting a ride on it at night.

Flight Deck and the Adventure Express are usually short waits, I've never waiting more than 15 minutes for either.

Firehawk is a strange ride. In my experience it's shut down as much as it runs. Not only this, but the wait is always long because of the terrible capacity. I've never bothered checking the line in the evening, but it may be shorter. I'll put in my 2 cents by saying that it isn't worth more than a 30 minute wait, especially if lines for other lines are shorter.

If you plan on eating at the park you can stop by the Rivertown Buffet. It's the best deal in the park as far as food goes (everywhere else the food is pretty expensive)

I hope I helped.

First, welcome to the forums!

If you are looking hit up as many coasters as you can, I would leave Firehawk until last. The line for this moves extremely slow and you don't want to waste valuble time just standing in line. I would head for Action Zone first which is on the north (left from the front gate)side of the park. You can get a ride in on Invertigo and Flight Deck. Once finished there, you can head towards Coney Mall and hit up Adventure Express (which should be a walk on for you). AE exits right next to the entrance to Coney Mall to which you can hop on The Racer for a ride on the red, blue or both. Keep making your way down Coney Mall, X-Base will be on your left which is home to Flight of Fear and Firehawk. Flight of Fear can vary in wait times depending on the crowds and weather. Check with the greeter at the front of the line to see how long the wait is going to be before making your decision to ride. If you can't ride right away, don't worry you can come back when you come to ride Firehawk. Head back out to Coney and turn left, Vortex is just down the way on your right. You should be able to get on Vortex in a decent amount of time. When exiting, turn left towards The Vortex entrance and go down the first path on the left. Back Lot Stunt Coaster is on your right and rarely has a long line as long as they are running more than one train. Once you exit this ride, turn right onto the path you were just one. When you reach the fork, you will see the splashdown of Diamondback directly in front of you. Veer towards the left infront of LaRosa's. The Beast is on the left at the top of a small hill next to the Crypt's cave. Once you exit The Beast turn left and head up through Rivertown. Diamondback's entrance will be on your right. If you are by yourself, try to get into the single riders line if the regular line is long. If in doubt, just check with the greeter at the entrance to the line to see which line would be best. Once done hear you can find your way over to Firehawk.

As for night rides, of course you have to ride The Beast at night. I hear that Diamondback is also good at night and probably the most under rated coaster at night is Adventure Express.

does anyone know the time that the line for Firehawk usually closes off (so if the park closes at 10:00, like 9:00 or 9:30ish? I have no idea - but I figured that instead of trying to wait for Firehawk during the majority of the 5 hours, I might as well just swing by at the end to try and squeeze in a ride - if that's even a possibility? Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. I'm guessing the wait time is still pretty long though).

Welcome to KIC!

You've gotten some good advice from others, but I didn't see this addressed yet. Years ago the park used to cut the ride lines before closing so that the rides would be done before fireworks. So sometimes you couldn't get in line for a ride after 9:30 or so as you noted above because they already had enough riders in line to carry them to 10:00. The park no longer does that. The ride lines now close at 10:00 (or whatever time the park closes). So if you get to FH by 9:55, you should be able to ride (given that the ride doesn't experience downtime then!). smile.gif

Wow - I didn't expect so many quick replies! Thank you all for taking the time to answer, and for the warm welcomes. :)

pbkigi - The Firehawk wait is really only 10 minutes in the evening now?! That's awesome! And I will definitely take your advice for FD - thanks!

Pillsberry123 - The two rides that I really want to hit, regardless of wait time, are Diamondback and The Beast. I think I might run and hit those first then, if you don't think that the lines are going to be too terrible. Thanks for your advice - and also your input on FD/AE. It's nice to hear that those rides are still running efficiently! I'm not planning on eating a full meal this time (maybe some Graeter's though :D), but I'll keep the suggestion in mind for future visits! And yes, you definitely helped a lot - thank you!

MarketingExpress - Wow thank you so so much for your post and your detailed route! Super helpful. :) The only thing is - I definitely want to get on DB/Beast before I go, but since you put these on the end here, I can only hope that I'll have enough time to reach those! But hopefully, if the lines aren't too bad, everything will work out. And yes! I love Adventure Express at night. AE was my first coaster ever. :D But I'll most likely follow your route word for word, unless I decide to run over to Rivertown really quickly first and then swing back to Action Zone. Thank you again!

XGatorHead 8904 - I think that news just made my day! I didn't realize that all of the lines closed at 10:00 now - the last time I went, I tried to get on FOF around 9:50 and they wouldnt let me haha. But if that's the case, I'll probably leave Firehawk for last (unless the line is still ridiculous) - hopefully, it's still up and running by that time! Thank you so much for the info!

PhantomTheater - Thank you for that little tidbit about The Beast. I'm still debating between whether I want to wait it out on Firehawk for my last coaster or grab a nighttime ride on The Beast - but either way, it should be good!

So what I've gathered so far is:

a. The lines on Sunday evening aren't too too bad, especially as it gets closer to 10PM?

b. If I move quickly, I should have time to grab a ride on most, if not all, of the coasters (Invertigo, Flight Deck, Adventure Express, Racer, Vortex, Beast, Diamondback, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Flight of Fear, and possibly Firehawk).

Such encouraging news! Thank you all again - and if anyone else has more advice, please keep posting.

Pillsberry123 - The two rides that I really want to hit, regardless of wait time, are Diamondback and The Beast. I think I might run and hit those first then, if you don't think that the lines are going to be too terrible. Thanks for your advice - and also your input on FD/AE. It's nice to hear that those rides are still running efficiently! I'm not planning on eating a full meal this time (maybe some Graeter's though :D), but I'll keep the suggestion in mind for future visits! And yes, you definitely helped a lot - thank you!

Firehawk's line is normally double The Beast's. The Beast's line is normally close to Diamondback's

On Sunday evening with good weather, I'd expect- Firehawk: 50 to 70 Minutes, The Beast: 25 to 35 Minutes, Diamondback: 20 to 30 Minutes.

And you've got to try Adventure Express, at night. *I* actually enjoy it more than any Beast night ride. cool.gif

MarketingExpress - Wow thank you so so much for your post and your detailed route! Super helpful. :) The only thing is - I definitely want to get on DB/Beast before I go, but since you put these on the end here, I can only hope that I'll have enough time to reach those! But hopefully, if the lines aren't too bad, everything will work out. And yes! I love Adventure Express at night. AE was my first coaster ever. :D But I'll most likely follow your route word for word, unless I decide to run over to Rivertown really quickly first and then swing back to Action Zone. Thank you again!

Glad to help...if you are looking to hit up The Beast and DB first, you may want to just reverse the route I gave you or you can just make your way over to Action Zone after riding those rides. Who knows you may get to ride them a second time before you leave.

Enjoy your visit to the park.