Strange footprint in the snow on KI Facebook page.

Oldschool75

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Paw Print shows up a week after Texas Giant 2.0 starts testing = Hope.

If they made the decision to remove it, I doubt that they would hint about it. That would be cruel.

TG 2.0 looks like it may be a winner. I have only seen off ride videos but the pacing is good (for two cars) and it appears to be pretty smooth.

i was thinking along these lines too...i was thinking hey if it works for TG then why not try it for SOB since its still in the park and just sitting there looking like a bad reminder of what bad constuction can lead to...after saying that i have a feeling some ppl are gonna rip me to pieces for saying that :lol: i agree it looks really smooth and i think if its that smooth and guest will like it then why not try it with SOB and possibly put the loop back in? just my thoughts

It will be interesting to see how the new Texas Giant is perceived. Since it is now a coaster like Adventure Express. A steel coaster with a wooden support structure. Personally, I`d rather not see Son of Beast suffer that fate. Why? Because as a steel coaster, the layout as is, would be rather boring. I`d much rather see a B&M inverted coaster, or a dive machine. But that is just me.

true I keep forgetting they changed the type of coaster that it is.....I dont always think clearly ;) I do have to say I too would love to see a new coaster come to KI. one thing is for sure, if this is a hint for the future of the park for a ride or something, more hints are needed. Plus we could also be looking at it all wrong and KI just be puting up a pic just to keep the attention of its fans during the off season

if this is a hint for the future of the park for a ride or something, more hints are needed. Plus we could also be looking at it all wrong and KI just be puting up a pic just to keep the attention of its fans during the off season

I'm gonna go with that one... people just being stupid and having fun.

But B&M invert would be beyond amazing! :)

^ and now Demon Drop.

I could re-ride Demon Drop, Hydra, and Talon all day!

I'll give you Demon Drop but Hydra is the worst floor less that I have been on. Now Talon I could ride over and over again.

Talon is my favorite B&M invert. I will ride Steel Force also.

Does any one miss Hercules?

I'm pretty sure Aldi stores carry RC cola in two liters and in 12 packs of cans. I don't think I've ever actually tried RC cola before...

It's the minor league of cola's.

RC is the official drink of the USBank Arena downtown. its all over the place down there!

That should tell you something.

I haven`t been in US Bank arena in ages.

You're not missing anything.

...except the RC Cola.

It will be interesting to see how the new Texas Giant is perceived. Since it is now a coaster like Adventure Express. A steel coaster with a wooden support structure. Personally, I`d rather not see Son of Beast suffer that fate. Why? Because as a steel coaster, the layout as is, would be rather boring. I`d much rather see a B&M inverted coaster, or a dive machine. But that is just me.

But don't forget, TG's layout was altered quite a bit. They did not just replace the wooden tracks with steel, rather, there are sections where the ride layout was changed.

Yes, I realize that Texas Giant simply isn't getting retracked. However, that ride did not have the same stigma with the public associated with it like Son of Beast has. Ask most people in the general public what they think about the ride and I'd venture to say most will site it's injuries and accidents, or how it is a really rough ride. That can be an awfully hard stigma to overcome. Even with alterations to the track layout.

Interesting, but not all too relevant. That is almost certainly response to the notion many had that Action Theater would not be open this year due to its aging ride film, its removal from the website, apparent disinterest with updating it on the park's end, and the addition of WindSeeker right where the ride's entrance used to be.

Son of Beast may be removed (though I personally think it very unlikely this season), but not due to the addition of WindSeeker.

KI said nothing removed or not running this season...

No, they said what you quoted them as saying..."No rides or attractions were removed or will be closed with the addition of WindSeeker." The addition of WindSeeker will not cause anything to not run or be removed. Son of Beast was ALREADY not operating. WindSeeker had no effect on its status.

Very true. And has been stated by the park in the past, they have not made a decision on the fate of Son of Beast. At least not that they have announced so far. Patience young grass hopper. And no need to create separate topics about Son of Beast being open or not being open this year.

Yeah! Maybe someone out in the park decided to carve The Beast's footprint in the snow and tweet it just for a little off-season activity.

Maybe they intended it to appear to be something that it's not to generate hype. Maybe they are again surprised by how much can be made of a small thing. Who knows!

And of course, I've been saying that Cedar Fair was doubtlessly watching New Texas Giant very closely (if not for Son of Beast, then for some of their other roller coasters...). Maybe those at Kings Island are assuming that that transformation for Texas Giant will be successful now that the videos have been released, and are hoping for the same. A paw print is harmless enough, right? It can mean any number of things. And come a year from now, it'll mean different things than we think it means now!

Very true. And has been stated by the park in the past, they have not made a decision on the fate of Son of Beast. At least not that they have announced so far. Patience young grass hopper. And no need to create separate topics about Son of Beast being open or not being open this year.

as ive said & stated in the past. sob= chineese special dock treatment. for though's unfamiliar with term, refresh yourself on watching days of thunder. wink.gif