Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

Check out 1:16... "...so we kinda wanted to go back in time and turn back the clock...". Hmmmm...granted something relating to that doesn't fit the clues but...have there been some changes by a certain manufacturer that we aren't aware of?

Edit: One of my friends asked me if they would bring the Demon back :)

Maybe CF couldn't build a hotel at KI under the contract? And if I'm not mistaken, KI is the only CF park that doesn't have a CF-owned hotel....

Uh...by far the majority of Cedar Fair parks do NOT have CF owned hotels associated with them. Carowinds does not, Dorney does not. California's Great America does not and the list goes on and on...

Everyone is forgetting the Screamin' Demon, that was over close to the Safari, maybe were getting a prototype of a ride like that, except on a much larger scale. Or not.......

a. Who would build it?

b. Certainly not everyone is forgetting Screamin' Demon, though perhaps some would want to...

• Like 1

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but why on earth would a ride like the Screamin' Demon come back? I just don't see the logic. I get the nostalgia thing.

I think it's pretty obvious all the time references are referring to the idea of dinosaurs being involved somehow; the footprint, the jaw bone in the mud on the homepage, the dinosaur skin in the background.

I love it. KI made a post on FB about this. It states "TURN BACK THE CLOCK" Half the idiots (sorry but they ARE idiots) are commenting that we are supposed to turn our clocks forward in Spring not back. Amazing the number of people that cannot read/click the link before responding.

I love it. KI made a post on FB about this. It states "TURN BACK THE CLOCK" Half the idiots (sorry but they ARE idiots) are commenting that we are supposed to turn our clocks forward in Spring not back. Amazing the number of people that cannot read/click the link before responding.

I wouldn't call them idiots, just people that read the first two words and exclude the rest.

I don't care what they get, as long as it's a ride. We have enough thrills, don't you guys agree? Diamondback, The Beast, Flight of Fear, Firehawk....are all VERY thrilling rides. If we got a fun, family ride, I'd be OK with that.

^Like you said. I agree with you!

I, for one, do not agree. By my count we have no less than 7 family coasters already: three in Planet Snoopy, BLSC, Racer, AE and Flight Deck. And Drop Tower and Delirium are the only flats (except upcharge attractions) that could be called "thrill rides." (I don't know yet about WindSeeker.) If anything, the last thing KI needs is another kiddie/family attraction, IMO.

Edit--My memory has repressed all thoughts of The Crypt...... :)

Two things:

1.) Maybe this is a tad far-fetched, but if this is a dino trail or something along those lines, could this be added to compete with the Creation Museum a few miles away? One of the main themes in the Creation Museum are dinosaurs/ancient reptiles and it features very large walk-throughs and sculptures. While the two may not even be in the same business, it's something to think about.

2.) In the background of the new teaser subsection of the website, I noticed it looks much like a swamp, as do the pictures posted in the photo gallery. Could this be an alligator/crocodile themed ride?

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

I just watched Dons video again and from the sounds of it.

1. its opening this year.

2. bringing back something from the past like a area of the park.

3. he said "This New World Classic"

Its sounds like a new ride and a new area thats pretty BIG!!!

Also, although those are signs showing the rides' logos (see especially the Drop Zone sign), they are not the actual signs that were used to attract visitors to the rides...those signs were much, much larger.

Actually that Drop Zone sign was back from when Xtreme Skyflier was called Drop Zone in 1995. Yes that is the actual signs. Those signs where put up in the International Restruant for the Employee Reunion back in 2008.