Kennywood Opens May 7

I agree about Thunderbolt last season. The best I can remember it running since I've been visiting. Of course, my most memorable experience of last year is riding that ride on the forth of July, with both the park's and the city's fireworks exploding on all sides as the train was pulled up the classic, white-lit lift hill... Probably one of the best memories I have of that park, and of the person I was with...

I'm very, very excited about the upgrades to the Cafe. It really is a nice place to eat, but those ceiling fans just couldn't keep up. And I won't ever forget the time that that same friend of mine was literally collapsed against the wall as she waited in line to use the restroom in there, whimpering that she "needed to pee" until a very friendly older woman said, "Honey, you can cut me if you want..." She found out upon entering that there was one stall, with a mother with four children all playing in the sink and holding the one stall... in the park's main restaurant!

Kennywood is my favorite park! It's like going to a major amusement park 40 years ago, all the rides I loved when I first went to parks. I am disappointed that Garfield's Nightmare hasn't been re-themed back to an Old-Mill type ride as was rumored, but I'm holding out hope for next year.