FUN Investor Conference, Record Attendance

Investor Conference, NYC, Thursday, January 19, 2012, 9-11 AM, Eastern Standard Time.

FUN reports record attendance.

Also, note the last sentence of the slug line in this press release!

http://m.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cedar-fair-entertains-a-record-234-million-guests-in-2011-136742523.html

(Note: I find it VERY interesting this conference is being held in New York City, not in Sandusky, Huron, Milan, Toledo, Akron or Cleveland. In fact, if I were the Mayor of Sandusky or Governor of Ohio, I'd be a wee bit worried. Enough so I might be in New York City on January 19, 2012)

• Like 1

Could Oiumet be planning on moving the corporate offices out of the state of Ohio? Certainly sounds that way. Why else would this meeting be held in New York.

I know the corporate offices in Sandusky are relatively new (and located on the Cedar Point peninsula). But I have to wonder how convenient the airport is in Sandusky for the company to conduct its business.

Why mention the Amusement Today award for Cedar Point? Seems a little odd for an article detailing a corporate event.

Gotcha. Although, I`d argue that anymore, the four flagship parks are Cedar Point, Knott`s Berry Farm, Canada`s Wonderland, and Kings Island, in no particular order. This fact is based on past conference calls, and the fact that all four of those parks were the first ones to get WindSeekers.

I personally can't see why Cedar Fair would want to switch headquarters to NYC.

Sure, there would be greater access to investors and resources, but it would be kind of weird considering that the closest CF park to headquarters would be CW, nearly 500 miles away..

Sure, there would be greater access to investors and resources, but it would be kind of weird

considering that the closest CF park to headquarters would be CW, nearly 500 miles away..

A. It is less than 100 miles to Dorney Park. Why do so many forget Dorney?

B. Investors and other businesses want easy access to the corporate headquarters, and are not amused when it is in a remote, expensive to access location. They couldn't care less where a single park is as far as its location relative to corporate headquarters.

C. Remote, relatively rural corporate headquarters both cause a sense that the company is laid back and not truly engaged in business and/or feels so superior that those who wish to do business/invest in the company must inconvenience themselves and go to an unusual location. See also Ashland Oil (which later moved to Covington), NCR (Dayton, anyone?), and Adelphia. Yes, Six Flags moved out of New York City, but Dallas/Fort Worth (Grand Prairie) is a major business center. Sandusky, Ohio is not. And it has terrible access. Fine for a resort park. Not for a corporate headquarters.

Sure, there would be greater access to investors and resources, but it would be kind of weird

considering that the closest CF park to headquarters would be CW, nearly 500 miles away..

A. It is less than 100 miles to Dorney Park. Why do so many forget Dorney?

B. Investors and other businesses want easy access to the corporate headquarters, and are not amused when it is in a remote, expensive to access location. They couldn't care less where a single park is as far as its location relative to corporate headquarters.

C. Remote, relatively rural corporate headquarters both cause a sense that the company is laid back and not truly engaged in business and/or feels so superior that those who wish to do business/invest in the company must inconvenience themselves and go to an unusual location. See also Ashland Oil (which later moved to Covington), NCR (Dayton, anyone?), and Adelphia. Yes, Six Flags moved out of New York City, but Dallas/Fort Worth (Grand Prairie) is a major business center. Sandusky, Ohio is not. And it has terrible access. Fine for a resort park. Not for a corporate headquarters.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I feel embarrassed that I forgot Dorney, however it seems to be seldomly mentioned amid all the talk of the company's larger parks, making it quite easy to forget. I just always had the notion that entertainment based companies had a tendancy to stay close to one of their prime pieces of property. Things like this are why I'm most certainly NOT a business major. Also, if the company does indeed move, it may further seperate the new era from that of Kinzel; an era where Cedar Point and Cedar Fair are not two interchangeable words, and where John Hildebrand may "actually have a job position".

I understand the want/need to move the corporate headquarters to a more business friendly location, but why move to NYC? There is Cleveland to the East, Columbus to the South, or even Chicago a few hours to the West, which would put you within 4-6 (driving) hours shot 4-6 parks.

Edit: After plugging in the numbers, I find that Valley Fair and Worlds of Fun are a little further from Chicago than I calculated.

I know the corporate offices in Sandusky are relatively new (and located on the Cedar Point peninsula). But I have to wonder how convenient the airport is in Sandusky for the company to conduct its business.

Sandusky Airport is located on Cleveland Rd. (US 6) half way between the two causeways. However it is general aviation with the only commercial service to Lake Erie Islands. Unless one charters a flight, they must fly into either Cleveland or Toledo.

I understand the want/need to move the corporate headquarters to a more business friendly location, but why move to NYC? There is Cleveland to the East, Columbus to the South, or even Chicago

Especially with NYC's pricing on real estate. Makes more sense to me to stay where it is less expensive and a place you already own.

I understand the want/need to move the corporate headquarters to a more business friendly location, but why move to NYC? There is Cleveland to the East, Columbus to the South, or even Chicago

Especially with NYC's pricing on real estate. Makes more sense to me to stay where it is less expensive and a place you already own.

I have to agree, although I understand the points Terpy is making. Why add an expense of an office building when you already own land at so many parks to have an HQ. Even if you wanted to build a brand new office suite, building it on your own land is more than likely going to be cheaper than renting office space in NYC. I also can't see moving to NYC is going to be better for your investors who are all over the world, especially with your biggest one down south.