Six Flags Magic Mountain spills plans for record-setting coaster

http://www.latimes.c...0,2643870.story

Full Throttle's record-setting vertical loop is expected to top the Superman: Krypton coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, which holds the current title of world's tallest loop at 145 feet. Magic Mountain's own Viper, with a 144-foot-tall loop, is a close second, according to Roller Coaster Database.

It will be intresting to see if Mr. Ouimet will start a re-birth of the "coaster wars".

• Like 3

I call total BS on this one. It mentioned the source was an employee who didn't have the authority to speak on the project....95% of the time, those people are wrong. When going on to SFMM's facebook page, there is not a single mention of "Full Throttle" or a 2013 project.

Sounds like a Facebook-inspired pipe dream. Super tall, launched coaster with a massive loop?

As an aside: I thought Dominator at Geauga Lake / Kings Dominion had the world's tallest loop (135'). It was always marketed that way, and it opened two months after Krypton Coaster... Do the folks at Fiesta Texas possibly include the ten foot tall Superman figure on top of the loop?

7tsr000g5d0r5i1e4k5415.jpg

I call total BS on this one. It mentioned the source was an employee who didn't have the authority to speak on the project....95% of the time, those people are wrong. When going on to SFMM's facebook page, there is not a single mention of "Full Throttle" or a 2013 project.

Most likely because those with authority wouldn't even hint at their plans for 2013 at this year's West Coast Bash and silenced those who tried to ask/tell.

• 3 years later...