Dinosaurs Alive! Movie Now Free

jdawg1998

3D movies don't usually do much for me, primarily because the 3D glasses rarely fit properly over my actual glasses. The ones used for this movie came pretty close, at least. There's a plastic overhang on the top of the 3D glasses that helps keep them from falling off other eyewear.

Can't say I was blown away by the movie, but I appreciated the focus on dinosaurs that aren't as commonly discussed. Everyone knows T-Rex; who knew he had a cousin??

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Anyone have a clue how the lines at Dinosaur's Alive are doing this year, compared to last year. It can only be assumed it was a solid money maker for the park last season due to the expansion into other parks. We only went once last year, on a saturday during the Halloween Haunt. The day was fairly crowded to begin with, and Dinosaur's alive was pretty busy.

We mainly go on tuesday or wednesday evenings, and I can't remember what the lines looked like last year on our visits. This year however, there has never been a line to get into dinosaur's alive, in fact the handful of times we've gone by it (we have a 4 year old that loves dino's so he likes to look at the dino's sitting outside the attraction) it appeared to be empty. Now obviously you can't see back into the trail, so I'm mainly judging by the people (or lack there of) in the tent/shop area, as well as the trail leading into the attraction by the dinosaur's on the exterior. It may have been equaly dead on tuesday or wednesday evenings last year, which kind of makes sense as most families with young kids that this attraction would cater to are hitting dinner or heading for home and likely would have visited earlier.

I've always been under the impression that DA was something that wouldn't/couldn't last for long as a paid attraction due to the likely maintenance cost due to the weathering of the dinosaur's plus it doesn't strike me as something people are going to pay an upcharge to see several times a season for several seasons in a row. However, if it remains popular, they're not going to get rid of it. I'm neither rooting for nor against Dinosaur's Alive, its a neat concept, at least for 1 or 2 visits, I'm just interested how long it can remain in the park and perhaps if the Dinos can be incorporated into a future attraction down the line.