Dollywood TR

Jasper

Got to go to Dollywood this week twice and Splash Country once and had a blast. Thunderhead has seemed to gotten a bit rougher in certain seats on the train but is still one of my overall favorite coasters. It embodies everything a classic twister woodie is. Mystery Mine has gotten a lot more rough but still a very innovative ride and the last drop is still amazing. Tennessee Tornado, one of my favorite arrow loopers. Blazing Fury actually took me by surprise as I had not rode it in a while and it is a very neat little dark coaster, very fun. Barnstormer was excellent, it was nice to ride a Screaming Swing outside of Skyhawk at CP. I was also very impressed with Dolly's Splash Country. Got to do all of the slides and each of them were amazing. Park was very hot on all the days we went, reached almost 100 degress yesterday which made for a very bare desolate Dollywood, multiple rides on all. Dollywood is an awesome park with something for everyone to enjoy.

Now for the review you probably all came to this page to read, the Jurassic Jungle Boat Ride.....seriously though Wild Eagle. On the first day, Monday, we only got to ride once due to the fact they were only running one train on a very busy day. The wait was 90 minutes and we rode on the left wing second to front. Yesterday however we got to ride 4 times and could have easily gotten 10 in I would say. Rode it on each wing in the front seat and on each wing in the back seat. I have to say my favorite seat on the whole ride was the back left wing. You can really feel some floater air when it drags you over the hill and you really feel the elements of the ride. It was a unique experience riding a winged coaster, for those of you who have not rode it yet, I strongly recommend you getting to Dollywood and checking it out.

My family and I are actually going there in August. We'll be down there from August 18th (Sat) til August 25 (Sat). Does anyone know any good days to go to the park? Are any days less crowded than others? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

We went on a Monday and Thursday and I would recommend a Thursday due to the fact it being in the middle to late part of the week and families leaving to head home or those just arriving and not going to the park just yet.

I too loved Wild Eagle, the first drop was far better than I anticipated it would be. The inversions through the middle part of the ride are just plain fun and the ending helix was surprisingly forceful. Great ride with a great view. Too bad they were only running one train the first day. I waited through a full queue on my first ride and it was only about 45 minutes.

Glad to hear you had a good time, thanks for the TR!