Disaster Transport Memories

I first rode it in 2009. My favorite memory of it is my husband causing an "up-bar" while we were loading because his leg somehow got stuck on the restraint. No idea how he managed that one. We still tease him about it.

I rode it once. Last year. I was not impressed. Boring as hell, and I couldn't figure out the theme. I'm not sad at all, and am looking forward to the replacement.

An exciting journey through Dispatch Master Transport to Alaska. Along the way you are captured by space pirates, soar through a meteor field, and crash land into Alaska!

It was a fun ride, and while it wasn't my favorite, I will miss it. "Welcome to Alaska," and goodbye to Disaster Transport.

I remember my first time on Disaster Transport. I thought it was a pretty fun ride. I felt this thud during the ride (switching from a turn to a drop or something like that) and I was like "we jumped the track" :lol: Good times! Sad to see it go.

My Favorite Memory of DT was riding it with my friends last season about 10 times in a row in a hour & a half right before close on a busy Saturday. On the final turn there was what looked to be like a "ghost." I knew the whole themeing of Alaska, so I was the only one of my friends who knew that it was ice & not a ghost. But every time we flew around that last turn we would scream "ghost!!!!" like shaggy & scooby doo. :P My gosh, I'll miss that!

I have ridden it as Avalanche Run & DT. I did not care for the inside experience. Although I liked the ride, it was too slow. It's a shame that having a variety of coasters in not in the plans for Cedar Point. I realize a new type of coaster will probably be installed soon, but there are not many bobsled coasters left - and Flying Turns hasn't even opened yet.

• Like 1

A DT walk through in the early 90's.

As you enter the building you are quickly taken to the future. The first room is the pasanger terminal of Dispacth Master Transport. Like any terminal the walls are adorned with posters of different destinations, except they are all former shades of themselves with Alaska still being desirable. Also the is a large light up diagram of the "shuttle" with humorus point outs. There is also a ticket desk in which a robot sits. The next room consist of a screen in which a robot comes on describing your jouney through space to alaska. Leaving this room a long hallway takes you past the freight warehouse (mural behind windows) and into the repair bay. The repair remained the same till the end, except that giant tube thing in the middle was added later. You finaly make it to your gate, ready for your journey to Alaska.

Up the steps to the launch area in which robot 7 is assisting with your dispatch. The shuttle then moves into the ready position in which you robot pilot with the famous claws, talks before overheating. It recovers as you head in to space, but suddenly you hear "Dispatch Master Transport, I'm losing control!". The shuttle is plunged into an astroid field but makes it out in one piece. Unfortunatley on the other side, space pirates have attack DMT's space station destroying it and the companies infastructure. As the epic laser battle ensues your robot tells you to "Hold on!" and then says "I'm regaining control!". The shuttle crash lands in to the Alaska termanal where your journey ends.

In closing from 1990-2001 the que and ride were presented in normal light with normal paint and such. In 2002 the blacklight and Day Glo paint came in as it became DT in 3-D. The middle room disapeared after the first halloweekends in 1997, then the termanial disapear in 2009 for Happy Jacks. I shall end with the famous slogan "Dispatch Master Transport, we get you there in 15 minutes or you don't get there at all."

• Like 5

My favorite memory of Disaster Transport is way back in 2008 during Coaster Mania. We had ERT all morning long (not on DT, but other rides) and as the park opened it became more and more crowded by the second. By mid-day it was worthless to ride anything because each ride had at least an hour queue, and with it being extremely hot I did not want to wait. So I made my way to Disaster Transport where I found absolutely no one. I got to ride it many times in a row without any wait, and best of all I got to cool off.

Besides then I have only ridden it a handful of times, starting in 2003 when I first visited CP, and up to last fall- the last time I went. I will miss it for sure, but I look forward to what the future brings us. Plus that building was hideous!

• Like 1

I'm not sad to see it go, but I am sad that a rare coaster type is lessoned by one. Just as I was sad when Big Bad Wolf, and Wildcat (CP) was taken down. We just don't see rides like these anymore.

I wish they would move the ride to Michigan's Adventure and keep it outside so it could live on.

• Like 4

I'm not sad to see it go, but I am sad that a rare coaster type is lessoned by one. Just as I was sad when Big Bad Wolf, and Wildcat (CP) was taken down. We just don't see rides like these anymore.

I wish they would move the ride to Michigan's Adventure and keep it outside so it could live on.

That could start to be the new unwanted coaster/ride amusement park. Every ride that any Cedar Fair wants to get rid of, they can just send to Michigan's Adventure to operate. Lets just send Disaster Transport to Michigan's Adventure, along with Son of Beast, Space Spiral, and all of the Dinosaurs from the Dinosaurs Alive exhibits. :D They could have sent the Crypt there too.

I rode it once. Last year. I was not impressed. Boring as hell, and I couldn't figure out the theme. I'm not sad at all, and am looking forward to the replacement.

My first ride on DT was this year, actually. I had done alot of research on the roller coasters at CP. I made a chart comparing KI's coasters to CP's coasters. I knew that disastor transport would be a good start. When we got on it went really slow, and I kept saying "crap" but I felt really stupid when we went down the hill because... there was almost no hill... I was vey happy on the ride that it wasnt going fast. But it was boring. I felt like it was a good ride for smaller kids.

They could have sent the Crypt there too.

No! No! No! NOO!

Sorry, needed to get that out.

*ahem* I loved DISpatch mASTER TRANSPORT because it was a unique experience and I didn't expect more of it. I rode in 2010 I do believe, and I thought that since it was a FUN park, the theming was pretty good. I mean really, Kinzel's idea of theming was The Crypt pre 2011? :huh: