Official Site Videos

bkroz

Not sure if this is news to anyone or not, but I visited the site today to see if they'd updated Invertigo's page to show its new colors. They did, and it appears that each ride got a new video on its individual page. Flight of Fear's really hits on the theming, Adventure Express's plays some of the rides sound effects. There's even one for BLSC, Boo Blasters, the Carousel, Congo Falls, Viking Fury... Oddly, Diamondback seems to not have a page? Am I missing it?

http://www.visitking...do/thrill-rides

Check them out if you haven't seen them. I feel like most CF parks, you can go to the "thrill rides" page, but then only one or two rides have their own. Now, each of our rides has its own page and video. Very cool!

• Like 3

Im not sure... During the winter I was getting "coaster fever" not being to go on any coasters. So I made a table on word comparing CP's and KI's coasters. On the mph, how big the drop, and the duration. I renember Diamond Back's page being there (thats where I got most of my info). They might be editing it. But that is strange.... :wacko:

Wow, these videos are cool. The Eiffel Tower one has such fitting music. :P

One thing I noticed, besides the suspicious vanishing act Diamondback seems to have pulled, is if you go to watch the White Water Canyon video, when you click it, it asks if you want to download it- and you can't see the video otherwise. It's in FLV format, I used VLC Media Player to watch it...

Found Diamondback's Page, it lives! But is just not linked up on thrill rides, for some odd reason. Here it is, and it has a video too:

http://www.visitking...ndback#panel1-5

Also, the Soak City water rides don't seem to have videos. But they are just about the ONLY rides that don't...

UPDATE: BLAGH! Diamondback'S MUSIC MAKES NO SENSE!!! WHY DOES A RIDE THEMED TO A GIANT RATTLESNAKE HAVE TECHNO MUSIC!?!? :wacko:

Yes, B&M track along with most if not all coasters are designed to bend like that. I actually have a video of the Diamondback bending on here somewhere... *waves magic wand*

Ahahhhhh, I found it! There are alot of slow-mo or sped up angles that really show off how much the track actually bends. Its crazy looking.

But in all reality, all coasters have to have those tolerances in them for bending and such because if not, they would much sooner wear down due to stress, be much brittler, and something tells me due to the lessened stress on the track it would consequently make the riding experience smoother. Idk, I'm just speculating on the last part.

Actually as I do recall, one time I was at Holiday World this year, I legitimately thought that Legend was going to just topple over to the side because of how much I was watching in bend from my point of view in line for Zinga.

• Like 1

As I was watching Diamondback's video I noticed that on the first drop the track bends.Has anyone else noticed that?

^^You beat me to it! By 5 minutes FOFreak! Darn it. There was a whole thread about this. Someone was all worked up because they saw Racer moving from the WindSeeker line

• Like 1

Diamondback's page seems to be properly linked again. I sent KingsIslandPR An @reply on twitter mentioning the problem, and boom, it was fixed the next morning. Not that I'm taking credit, they likely already knew about the issue, but it never hurts to drop a line to the appropriate people when there is a problem.

• Like 1