Dauling Dragon (with a high five)

That ride looks awesome! It WOULD be nice if KI had one like that (especially with Timberliner trains) even if it wouldn't be in the near future.

I do agree that KI needs another successful woodie. Until then it's just The Beast, Racer, and Woodstock Express...

P.S. 100th post! I am now a KIC Local. :)

Edited by VortexBFForever
  • Like 1

...I seem to recall a poster who posted a list of very expensive to maintain woodens, but it got lost in all the dinn and summers. Some were custom coasters. For at least one park, the gravity of this great problem must be great, indeed. Parks have considered many remedies, from pre-fabs to toppers to lighter trains to trains that track more truly.

• Like 2

You can look at this from another side. The Beast is still the signature ride at KI. Why would KI put another wooden coaster? Some of these new wooden coasters are very expensive to maintain now.

True, very true...I actually haven't taken much time time to think of it this way. I am rather content with The Beast and The Racer, at the moment. Woodstock Express was actually my first "real" roller coaster.

You do prove a good point. :)

Have you ridden El Toro? Or Tremors? Or even Thunderhead?

The Ohio woodies running nowadays, especially with their rolling stock, are not exemplars nor the best of their kind. I'd love to ride Racer, Beast and Blue Streak again with their original plush seating, no seat dividers, flip down bars, no head restraints and smooth as glass track.

• Like 2

I agree. Thunderhead is one awesome ride, that doesn`t let up until you hit the brakes at the very end of the ride.

It is amazing how much those PTC trains have been modified from their original incarnations. I would love to eventually see a Great Coasters International ride at Kings Island. I don`t think that will happen any time soon though. I think we will see a new steel coaster at Kings Island before we see a wooden coaster built there.

• Like 1