Windseekers To be Demolished?

DiamondBack27

I never even rode the ride and I have had a bad experience just sitting on the ride. I was at King's Island and it was rainy that day. So I got on it after waiting in line. Then it just happens to start lightening... I was like really.. So, I don't care about it that much :P

I was mostly joking because the whole day I was there riding other rides. I could of rode it but the last minute I went to go ride it and it started to storm. No, It's not the rides fault. Now, If I was on it and it shut down or stopped moving then I would of been really angry...

The WindSeekers were prototypes. And they built like 3 of them all at once...

Please don't tell me I was the only one that saw this coming...

$20 million was spent on four prototype attractions in a single year (KBF, CW, KI, CP). Two missed their original launch window of Spring 2011; one was relocated to another section of the park at the last minute (KBF); the second on claims it was the problematic weather conditions that caused its delay (KI). One began test runs with guests and saw that the seats swayed too close together (CW); therefore, hydraulic dampeners were installed aftermarket on all four, even the ones that hadn't even opened yet. Another $13 million was spent the following season on two more of the same prototype attractions (KD, C). One saw its cables caught in the gondola after high winds pushed them out of their sockets and caused structural damage to the gondola (CP). Several have had incidents stranding riders high up in the air for more than 20 minutes (KBF, CW, CP, KD, C); one had its riders stuck for over several hours (KBF).

I think equal blame should go to the company that decided it would be a good idea to spend $33 million on six cloned attractions in two years without stopping to think that it would be better to start off with one or two clones and see how they work out.

• Like 3

Several have had incidents stranding riders high up in the air for more than 20 minutes (KBF, CW, CP, KD, C); one had its riders stuck for over several hours (KBF)

KI's got stuck a few times last season, I saw it stuck at the top for about 20 minutes. It was in September.

• Like 1