Haunt Thoughts 2013

SonofBaconator

In parco mortuorum resurrectionem iterum nebula. Recessus regressus ab inferis, terror in fugam vertere novum regnum obtinuit. Senectus, corpus quod in renascuntur. In me mortuis amplius regnat altius quam umquam ledo Kings Islandia. Nulla cursus Caligo capiunt. Tam somno Dum licet...

• Like 1

In parco mortuorum resurrectionem iterum nebula. Recessus regressus ab inferis, terror in fugam vertere novum regnum obtinuit. Senectus, corpus quod in renascuntur. In me mortuis amplius regnat altius quam umquam ledo Kings Islandia. Nulla cursus Caligo capiunt. Tam somno Dum licet...

Google Translate confirms that that is Latin and translates it as such:

In the park, the dead shall rise again, the thick darkness. Recess back from the dead, the terror of flight, to turn in the got a new realm. Age, a body which in grow again. In me is no more dead than he ever did hit the reigns more in-depth Kings Island. Fog take any courses. Sleep well while you can ...

I haven't been to a ''Halloween Haunt'' in years, last time I was at a Halloween Event @ Kings Island, Paramount owned the park and the Halloween Event was called ''FearFest'' What's the new Haunt like it? Is it more of the same or is it greatly improved upon? Is Corn Stalkers is around? The main reason I've stayed away from Halloween events is because when you reach a certain age you realize once you been to one Halloween Haunt you've been to them all.

Its about the same, just more attractions, but the quality is pretty much unchanged. Some of prosthetic makeup pieces from Knott's found their way to other parks including KI. KI has not publicly released what exactly will be returning or what is new but they did let on what isn't at KIC day. Really you can't say once you seen one event you seen them all. Knott's and the Universal parks put on some of the best out there and they deserve a checking out. Busch Gardens in Tampa from what I understand does pretty good too, but I personally never been to that so can't judge. KI is just KI, that's my take on it. Some stand alone haunts like the Haunted Hoochie and such....well..its sort of unique for Ohio I suppose.

• Like 1

Oh ok thanks, was just curious. The public will probably not know until the haunt site is up because Ki is really secretive. Unlike Knotts that has already been telling of returning mazes.

Yeah, KI likes to wait till the last possible minute sometimes. :P (like after nearly all the other CF parks talk of theirs, not just Knott's).

• Like 1

My favorite haunt was back during the Fearfest days...can't remember the name, but it was an asylum at the top of the Eiffel Tower. It was awesome...psychos on your right...300+ foot drop on your left. Plus, they would find the most freaked out persons name in each group and give the characters that name through a radio. The Chiller was another good one too.

I gotta say, the worst nights sleep I ever got was the night I went to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal in 2000. They really go all out...it's just disturbing!

• Like 2

Knotts Scary Farm HAUNT attractions and mazes were announced last night, there are five new mazes and they are scarier than ever before!

One new maze that I would like to see at Kings Island's Halloween Haunt this year is the one of Knotts new mazes....called "Mirror Mirror"

"Enter a world where madness is just a looking glass away. What is real and what is an illusion? A cursed mirror absorbs everyone into a mechanical wasteland of despair. Hideous creatures of beauty and horror stalk the mirror world, hoping to draw another victim into a nightmarish labryth."

https://www.knotts.com/haunt/ride/Mirror-Maze/cat/Mazes

• Like 2

The description of Forevermore sounds great!

I'm getting pumped for Haunt... 8 more weeks until I visit Land of Illusion, 9 weeks until I go to Halloweekends at Cedar Point, and 10 weeks until Haunt starts! In the mean time, I'll get my haunt fix with Twilight Zone Tower of Terror this Tuesday, and The Haunted Mansion on Wednesday! :D

• Like 3

I like Halloween Haunt. The only Maza that I was truly impressed by was Tombstone, CarnEvil, and Slaughterhouse. If you ask me they can take out Club Blood, and Wolfpack. I was to young to go to Haunt when the Trail of Terror was still around, but I heard it was pretty bad ass. I liked Madam Fatale too. Granted I was in the front and nothing really spooked me, but it was a nice walkthrough. Sometimes, I laugh during the mazes, like Holiday Horror. But getting back to the topic, what i wouldn't mind seeing is something like Blood on the Bayou at Cedar Point or the thing in Canadas Wonderland where Zombies are everywhere.

What about a haunt that you pay extra for and if you make it out without giving up you get your money back.

Actually, Busch gardens Tampa has a haunt similar to this called "Alone". If you pay the fee you can walk through the haunt completely alone or with your group. And somewhere near the end I believe, they separate you. There is a video on you tube....It was a pocket video, so its not too good but you could hear the show....sounds kind of intense. I think Knotts has one...I cant be certain, but I like the idea of the more intense attraction.

What about a haunt that you pay extra for and if you make it out without giving up you get your money back.

Actually, Busch gardens Tampa has a haunt similar to this called "Alone". If you pay the fee you can walk through the haunt completely alone or with your group. And somewhere near the end I believe, they separate you. There is a video on you tube....It was a pocket video, so its not too good but you could hear the show....sounds kind of intense. I think Knotts has one...I cant be certain, but I like the idea of the more intense attraction.

Trapped was Knott's. But you don't get your money back. :P

Agreed. Universal's HHN beat them to the punch. The problem here, with CF's HH team, is that they admit to looking at current books, movies, games, etc. etc. for inspiration. To me, this just means they're ALWAYS late to the party. Why get ideas from something already done? They should be leading the pack with original, new ideas that inspire other haunt events.

My guess, CF see's HH as a cash grab yet none of the single events will ever compete with the money that a single HHN brings in. They'll learn some day.

-TF

• Like 3

Agreed. Universal's HHN beat them to the punch. The problem here, with CF's HH team, is that they admit to looking at current books, movies, games, etc. etc. for inspiration. To me, this just means they're ALWAYS late to the party. Why get ideas from something already done? They should be leading the pack with original, new ideas that inspire other haunt events.

My guess, CF see's HH as a cash grab yet none of the single events will ever compete with the money that a single HHN brings in. They'll learn some day.

-TF

Spoiler alert: EVERYONE looks to pop culture, literature, and entertainment for inspiration. And in reality, HHN should be the one seen as a cash grab as they go for mazes based directly off a popular film and outnumber their original IPs 2-1. Last year's Orlando HHN saw Silent Hill, Walking Dead, Alice Cooper, Penn & Teller, and the Classic Universal Monsters take front and center with only two original houses (Gothic & Dead End); this year already has mazes set up for Cabin in the Woods and Evil Dead, and is rumored to have ones based off Resident Evil and American Werewolf in London alongside the return of Walking Dead. Knott's Scary Farm has proven they don't need to utilize direct adaptations of films to get guests through their turnstiles (or at the very least prove their own IPs come first) and they are the only Haunt in the chain that can literally compete with BOTH Halloween Horror Nights events, no matter how hard Kings Island tries to market their version.

• Like 5

Well, I'd have to disagree I guess. Knott's also has every opurtunity to use popular IP's just as Universal can...if that's what the fans want then why not do that? I do believe Knott's (although they are starting to work on this) cannot compete with Universal's creativity when it comes to original characters/monsters, stories, costumes/makeup, brand usage and marketing. I will forever be on the HHN bandwagon, and this is coming from a former Cedar Fair employee.

-TF

PS: Universal's Classic Monster are technically still original IP's, right? ;)

I will have to agree with you Forsaken, they need to get a thing called imagination. Don't look at Amnesia or Silent Hill for inspiration, take your fears and use them in a specific haunt! The historical values are a great thing to use occasionally, i e London Terror (if memory serves me right) but don't use the pop culture. The only acceptable instances I can say are when you really take it a step further or use it in a new way/idea i e skeletons at KI for certain people. I do hope we get a Black Forest theme area in OktoberFest, bring in the fairytale and myth factor of the Black Forest and bring it into a scare for the area.

• Like 1

I will have to agree with you Forsaken, they need to get a thing called imagination. Don't look at Amnesia or Silent Hill for inspiration, take your fears and use them in a specific haunt! The historical values are a great thing to use occasionally, i e London Terror (if memory serves me right) but don't use the pop culture. The only acceptable instances I can say are when you really take it a step further or use it in a new way/idea i e skeletons at KI for certain people. I do hope we get a Black Forest theme area in OktoberFest, bring in the fairytale and myth factor of the Black Forest and bring it into a scare for the area.

Kobolds!

That sounds like a great idea!