Next ride removal

hendrix70

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would it be Atom Ant Airways? The ride was added in 1998 as part of the last major renovation to Hanna Barbera. It was added along with Scooby`s Ghoster Coaster and Yogi`s Sky Tours. 1998 was also the season that a lot of the attractions in Hanna Barbera were renamed and repainted. That is the season when The Beastie`s blue paint coat was covered up by its current purple color.

There's nothing left to remove for the purpose of a new ride except Vortex. They are not going to remove Racer or Beast any time soon, and if they get rid of Scrambler, Monster, Zephyr, or Dodgems, theres nothing that can fit in those small areas of land, so removing them is pointless. They won't remove AfxT because it's not taking up any needed space. They only thing PKI can do now is build on unused land. Although, I can see them removing Top Gun soon, as they are just letting that ride slowly rot away anyways, and it's not exactly a guest favourite with the 10 min walk down there, and the 45 second ride.

New thought, AE is another prime candidate for removal, but, it is also covering a small area that is squeezed in by SOB, Racer, and FOF.

Most likely us because we don't have a flying coaster. Before they got BORG I'm sure they did surveys at most of the Paramount Parks asking questions. Out of all the parks most likely Carowinds got the vote. So what no Scooters, we just want something that we don't have. That what Carowinds was thinking. They most likely thought, "Hey we want Scooters, so well take it."

Why would it be Atom Ant Airways? The ride was added in 1998 as part of the last major renovation to Hanna Barbera. It was added along with Scooby`s Ghoster Coaster and Yogi`s Sky Tours. 1998 was also the season that a lot of the attractions in Hanna Barbera were renamed and repainted. That is the season when The Beastie`s blue paint coat was covered up by its current purple color.

you need a cookie...............shut up dry.gif

You never know what they might take out. The removal of Scooters was a big suprise to the most of us. Hell, the removal of Tiques was a big suprise too.

Atom Ant's might only be 6 years old but you never know. They took out The Bat less than 4 years of existence.

I'm not against Arrow, I love their rides. Vortex has a life span on it, and TG and AE are not guest favourites, TG is hated by some because it is so short and pointless, plus if it was removed, it would provide easy access to the rest of PKI's property.

Top Gun not a favorite? HA, most of the time Top Gun has a longer line than SOB. They are not letting it rot, the thing is well maintained, it has virtually no downtime, it runs like a beast. Its one of my favorite rides to ride and I think the majority of the people would agree with me. Top Gun is NOT and I repeat, IS NOT going anywhere, its not even a prime candidate. So thats that.

Just because the themeing is lacked a tad doesnt mean it doesnt resemble the Top Gun movie theme. Have you ever walked through the line? There are movie pics all over, Fightertown USA signs cover the fence, HUGE billboards with jets flying on them and if you listen the Top Gun soundtrack plays over the speakers. Other than the themeing thats under the station (which doesnt get used because of capacity), I see nothing wrong with the Top Gun themeing. I will fight to the death over that ride.

Top Gun is *****IN!

Steel coasters don't last forever. They have to be torn out or retracked eventually. I don't think PKI is going to tear down any of their roller coasters any time soon. You can expect Vortex to come down before Top Gun. And Vortex isn't going anywhere for a long time.

I had some question as to the wear on them. But Cedar Point still has their Corkscrew, and Silverwood Theme Park (Cour d' Alene Idaho) recently acquired the Corkscrew from Knotts Berry Farm - the first coaster with an inversion. It is an Arrow coaster, and its at least 35 years old. Its still operating!