GateKeeper Restraints

This is exciting news. I can't wait to see first hand how the restraints are different, and hopefully this is true that all the restraints don't lock anymore. My next visit will probably be in 2 weeks so I'm sure someone else on here will get there by then, but if not I'll be sure to let people know how they are.

I'd even say it's smoother than Millennium.

It's not just the vests that suck, but Gatekeeper's jackhammering is one of the worst I've ever experienced on a steel coaster. It is actually beyond me how people call that thing smooth.

And it's beyond me how there are so many people who call it unbearably rough.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I rode GK four times last Sunday. I rode in several different seats in several different trains. I had heard about the "bouncing" that others have experienced. On one of my rides, I felt it. I didn't find it to be bad, in fact, I barely noticed it. I'd go as far as saying that it is a very smooth ride.

The restraints? I had heard nothing but bad things. I had heard everything from sharp collar bone pain to constricted breathing. Cedar Point said they knew about the issue and were in the process of fixing it. I really think they delivered. I had exactly zero issues with the restraints. It gave me a lot more dexterity and freedom - as was intended. I'm actually really excited to have them for Banshee. I'm definitely a much bigger fan of lap bars over OTSRs, but these are definitely hands-down my favorite OTSRs. If you have the opportunity to stop by CP before the end if the season, don't let the restraints deter you. I really think the problem has been remedied.

Now the ride experience itself. Meh. I'm glad we are getting an invert instead of a wing rider.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...