Geauga Lake Park today.....

1. There is no infrastructure left, just the area near the water park and the Dipper.

2. Cost/expense. What would the ROI be for the company to rebuild the park.

3. You are probably more likely to see a buyer buy the whole land, and slowly rebuild starting at the side of the park that is not in ruins....

• Like 4

I wish it could reopen as a small family park, similar to Waldameer, which seems to be doing better than ever. But I doubt it'll ever happen because Cedar Point is so close, I HIGHLY doubt they'd want to make any investment, and there's no way they'll let the future buyer do that. :(

It's such a shame. I lived in that town for a while in its early Six Flags days and had a season pass. I've been back to visit that area and it's just so sad. Geauga Lake's closure just seemed to zap the life out of that community. I realize companies have to look at profits but they left that area a complete mess and that's just wrong.

I wonder- if someone bought it from Cedar Fair, then sold it again a couple years down the road, would the sale restriction preventing them from making it an amusement park again still hold up? Can they really specify rules for every subsequent buyer in the future? Wishful thinking, of course, but I'm curious...

• Like 3

A. Welcome to KIC.

B. Such restrictions, normally called restrictive covenants or negative easements, do in fact run with the land and bind future owners, regardless of how many times the property is sold. Some states limit the duration of such restrictions, others do not.

Terp, who is not engaged in the private practice of law in Ohio, the District of Columbia, any United State or anywhere else. There is no legal advice meant for a particular client or specific situation contained herein, and reading this post does not create an attorney client relationship. Consult a competent attorney in your jurisdiction if you have, or think you may have, a legal problem. This is a disclaimer.

• Like 4

• 10 months later...