The Beast.

upstop

I think that they will keep replacing wood on the structure to help preserve the ride. Maybe if they could strengthen the structure between the first drop and the second lift, they might be able to remove a trim or two rolleyes.gif We can dream can't we?!?!

Just had an idea... No one would ever need to know, but KI could do this to strengthen the problem areas of the ride. Just take steel structure pieces, and attach them to the structure of the ride under the track. That way its hidden by the real wood that is holding up the ride, but this steel sub-structure would hold together the ride better than just the wood itself, allowing the ride to be run faster.

Ah, I guess you're right to some degree. Of course, SOB and The Beast are totally different rides. I don't think it would detract from The Beast if SOB closed in one of their rose bowls. I guess my only concern would be that it would be extremely hot in there. I mean, even riding AE you can tell definate temperature differences when you're in and out of the caves. You actually spend a considerable amount of time in the rose bowls. My guess is that since The Beast is a constant downward helix, you get a constant breeze in there, and that's why it's not too hot. On SOB, you go up and down hill, so you slow down considerably at times.