WaterWorks-Boomerang Bay

chaos

Now I am confused by the comment you made about how it would end up the same way as waterworks. Waterworks, when the weather is nice, draws a heck of a lot of people in to enjoy the day. So, to end up like Waterworks would not be horrible. But, I do think that Boomerrang Bay will draw in plenty of crowds, more so than waterworks, and more importantly, it will drive season pass sales through the roof. So, I personally think that Boomerrang Bay will be a great success.

Well put, TraderJake. I think BB will be a huge success for a while. Hopefully long enough to give PKI bigger profits so a world's top ten coaster could be built. (Ok, I'm done ranting about the coaster I'd like to see.) As for the future (2008 and after), we'll just have to see how well PKI can keep BB up. If they really push keeping BB in shape with landscape, paint and stuff like that, the Beach across the street may find they they have lost their supremacy with water parks in Mason, Ohio. wink.gif BB could be the single project that shows how well PKI can manage park sectors if they try harder than ever.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic with BB, but if PKI can pull it off, our home park may start the process of becoming nearly the world-class park that CP up north is.

I think that in the first 2 years Boomerang Bay will attract more people than WaterWorks because it'll be a "NEW" water resort. However, after the novelty wears off, I think that the crowds will diminish and Boomerang Bay will attract as many people as WaterWorks.

Have a great weekend!

Italian Chef

biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

i know this post is late, but i just found this topic, late at night on friday night/saturday morning.

like everyone else, i think it will bring more crowds than waterworks had before for the first couple years, eventually crowds ending up somewaht similar to the old waterworks crowd-basically walk on everything.

earlier, someone posted a comment on the beach... to be honest, i'm really surprised that the beach hasn't gone under yet. surf cincinnati has, probably not directly related to KI, but i'm sure KI had some impact...

since i'm kinda on the topic of surf cincinnati, that would be cool if BB got a ride similar to surf cincinnati's slide that you used a "boogeyboard" type-thing--and they got a board lift at KI that actually worked... smile.gif

so i'm not given a hard time, i'll leave this post at that.

i know this post is late, but i just found this topic, late at night on friday night/saturday morning.

like everyone else, i think it will bring more crowds than waterworks had before for the first couple years, eventually crowds ending up somewaht similar to the old waterworks crowd-basically walk on everything.

earlier, someone posted a comment on the beach... to be honest, i'm really surprised that the beach hasn't gone under yet. surf cincinnati has, probably not directly related to KI, but i'm sure KI had some impact...

since i'm kinda on the topic of surf cincinnati, that would be cool if BB got a ride similar to surf cincinnati's slide that you used a "boogeyboard" type-thing--and they got a board lift at KI that actually worked... smile.gif

so i'm not given a hard time, i'll leave this post at that.

The beach has good location. Surf Cincinnati's location sucked. Its management was also a factor in its downfall. The beach provides pretty good fun for the money. I hit it up once or twice a year. Plus there attractions are different than waterworks/boomerang Bay.

The Beach complements PKI's waterpark. The Snake river rapids and Hidden Rapids rides cannot be beat.

There have been innovations in water rides in the past 5 years so theres brand new stuff on tap. I think BB will be fun and if maintained well it would always be a pleasing experence.

yet. surf cincinnati has, probably not directly related to KI, but i'm sure KI had some impact...

With the enough money and someone seeking an investment, Surf cincinnati Could easily be brought back to life, and probably could be pretty good. If you will remember, there is not just a waterpark there, but also, a nightclub, a mini golf course, and a go kart track. Someone who knew what they were doing, could probably make decent money off of it.

yet. surf cincinnati has, probably not directly related to KI, but i'm sure KI had some impact...

With the enough money and someone seeking an investment, Surf cincinnati Could easily be brought back to life, and probably could be pretty good. If you will remember, there is not just a waterpark there, but also, a nightclub, a mini golf course, and a go kart track. Someone who knew what they were doing, could probably make decent money off of it.

From what I understand, when Surf Cincinnati went under, the season passholders were given free passes to the Beach. Also, the toboggan ride at Holiday Fest is a converted Surf Cincinnati waterslide.

Don't quote me on this, but I think this implies that The Beach bought out the whole franchise, not just little things (slides, membership rights, etc). So, that makes two implications: First, in the pre-Boomerang Bay days, PKI's waterpark wasn't hurting the business of the Beach badly enough that they were in any kind of trouble fincancially. The other, which may contradict the first implication is that Surf Cincinnati was so badly run that they had to sell it ungodly cheap.

I did a search on the internet a few days ago about specifics on Surf Cincinnati going under and all I came up with is that it was Cincinnati's oldest actual water park, that as I mentioned above, the Beach would be pick up their members, and that the night club would still be used for weddings and things of that sort.

-Ryan

This is getting more off topic but...sounds like Surf Cincinnati (though I've never been there) tried to start something that is similiar to Wisconsin Dells. Is that Big Chief's Carts and Coasters? I can't remember if it's a whole park or spread out. The Dells also has Noah's Ark (the sweetest waterpark in the Midwest even on a mediocre day).

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I think that BB will be a big hit its first and second year.

After that, I think that it will turn into Waterworks again.

BB will definately pull people away from the actual park on hot

days. That could be a good thing for all ride enthusiasts. blink.gif

I was originally againist this BB thing but seeing all the photos

and hearing what it is going to be like has changed my outlook.

And plus, it will draw people away from the park.

Ha, don't count on it. If the people who buy Beach passes are smart... They would realize that the King's Island pass is the better value. I think it will draw more people to the park, than away.

A season pass to PKI may cost more, and provide more value since it includes the rides as well as all the water attractions. However, from what i understand The Beach has some unique and fun rides, and can sometimes have less crowds which means more time spent riding rides, and less time spent waiting in lines, thus producing more value for its pass holders. I`ve only visited The Beach once, from some tickets my relatives gave me when they were up there and it rained. (Hard to believe that a park gave out a rain check to come back!) I only remember two attractions, The Pearl which is a heated pool/hot tub, that is surrounded by lush trees and plant. I also remember the tube attraction back in the back corner. The ride was modified at one point in time. The first part is like Sidewinder at PKI, then it turns into almost a lazy river type attraction, before you plunge down in a cave and splash down in the splash down pool. I thought that ride was very fun, mayb e becuase it was similar to The Beast and off in the woods by itself, except for the loading tower, which could be seen from I-71. I think that BB will be an excellent addition to PKI and compliment The Beach very nicely.

And plus, it will draw people away from the park. blink.gif

I don't see how this expansion could possibly draw people away from the park. As someone who has worked in Waterworks for the last three years, I can assure you that this will not draw people away from the park. With the exception of those painful speed slides everything that was in Waterworks is staying in Boomerrang Bay. Plus, there are going to be four major attractions and plenty of new amenities, all while having less concrete. How can something that is a bigger, better, themed upgrade of its predecesor draw people away from the park? Fact is, it won't. It gives people who live in the region another great reason to buy that season pass, and gives tourists another reason spend one more day at the park. This attraction will in no way draw people away from the park. People will want to cool off, and PKI is providing a way them to do so. As long as the weather is good, the crowds will be phenomenial, just like it was in 2002 and 2001.

I think what PKI Punk meant is that he thinks it will draw people to the park that live further away than most people who visit. It's my guess that he thinks BB will draw more people that live FARTHER AWAY.

Edited by fryler87

Yeah now that I read it again I think I understand what he meant. I think he means that BB will draw people away from the main park, making it empty in the main park and packed in the Waterpark. I partially agree, if its sunny it'll be busy, if it isn't it won't be. Also, there will also be those people who decide to make their trip to PKI a two day event because of the new, expanded waterpark, which would in fact make the park even more busy since it is filled with two-day vacationers.

Edited by TraderJake