Soak City 25th Anniversary

BB1

Kings Island's water park has a lot to offer but man... it's way too big. I went there for its last day as "Boomerang Bay" a few years ago. It was my first visit to the water park in several years. I just remember my feet being pretty torn up after an hour or so. I'm not sure what their policy is on wearing flip flops or aqua shoes or whatever on the rides themselves, but I think if I could do that it would greatly improve my experience. I made a "new season resolution" to spend more time in the water park. We'll see if that lasts. lol

With that being said, the water park is an EXTREMELY popular attraction at the park. Especially on really hot days, the dry park may seem dead but there are upwards of 10,000 people in the water park. Like I said, I'm not big water park guy but I still think it's pretty awesome that I have that option with my season pass.

• Like 2

^ My understanding is that most/all rides allow you to either wear or hold water shoes/flip flops/etc. If any don't, there are plenty of places to leave them near the base of the slide.

KI's Soak City involves lots of walking on hot and/or rough concrete, so it's helpful to have something on your feet.

I visited Soak City three times over the past two years. I'm pretty sure that I left shoes at the bottom of each slide.

I wear my sandals around the water park and just leave them at the entrance of each slide.

I've only had one issue with this, a few years ago at Kings Dominion someone moved my sandals and it took me about 10 minutes to find them.

^ My understanding is that most/all rides allow you to either wear or hold water shoes/flip flops/etc. If any don't, there are plenty of places to leave them near the base of the slide.

KI's Soak City involves lots of walking on hot and/or rough concrete, so it's helpful to have something on your feet.

I visited Soak City three times over the past two years. I'm pretty sure that I left shoes at the bottom of each slide.

The only attractions that you can wear your water shoes on are: both wave pools, Splash River, Coconut Cove, all children's areas, Zoom Flume and Mondo Monsoon.

• Like 1

Dude... You must spend a TON on shoes before each visit. Or do you just stock up on the cheap Walmart flip flops when they go on clearance each year?

• Like 5

Dude... You must spend a TON on shoes before each visit. Or do you just buy the cheap Walmart flip flops when they go on clearance each year?

Ha ha. That should have read "my shoes" to avoid that reading.

I generally left them in inconvenient or hidden locations to reduce the chance of anyone stealing them. I'm not sure how I would buy more if that happened, with my wallet in the car.

• Like 2

When I go to the water park I get there right when it opens for Gold/Platinum passholders so I can get a lounge chair under one of the big umbrellas by the big wave pool. I generally spend most of my time just relaxing perhaps with a good book while occasionally going into the wave pool to cool off. Occasionally I will take a nap. ( Reason for big umbrella-so I can sleep in the nice cool shade.) Occasionally I will wonder off for a ride on the lazy river or the giant toilet bowl.( Whatever the name of that ride is now-I can't keep up with the name changes but to me whatever the name is it is still the giant toilet bowl.) At any rate, a day at Soak City is one of the most relaxing, enjoyable ways to spend the weekend after a long, hard week at the office.

• Like 2