Article about SafeAuto's title sponsorship of Halloween Haunt

So basically, this is nothing new and everyone is having knee-jerk reactions to something that is probably not a big deal?

Well, except the train wraps. I think if I see my beautiful Vortex all wrapped up in ads, I might cry...

Unless that wraps are cool like the ones on Viper. I enjoyed those a lot.

• Like 5

Disney's Photo Spots were all Kodak. Kodak sponsored the park maps, too, and had a store on Main Street. Now all of the above is thanks to Nikon. Fuji Film has never been involved, which some learned insiders say was one factor (doubtlessly of many) that kept a Fuji coaster from opening in Epcot's World Showcase's Japan. Kodak (and now Nikon) probably wouldn't be thrilled about a competitor's name being plastered on a headlining ride. Fair enough!

Branding happens when you least expect it!

• Like 2

I do wish KI had at least kept the photo spots marked in some way, even without a major photography-related company sponsoring them. I remember where two of them were, but not all of them (one was in front of Vortex's loops on the path between Coney and Rivertown and the other was where The Bat gets close to the fence in Action Zone).

• Like 5

Even though I had a problem with Paramount pushing Tom Cruise on me, I've never had a problem with the sponsorship ads in Kings Island. A lot of posters are citing campaigns in the past that I grew up with.

As long as they don't get Tom Cruisey with it, I'm fine.

I thought the Kraft Macaroni ad was cool. I'd like for the sponsors to be innovative like that, but a lot of times, that's not possible.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On-board sound system brought back to life to play the SafeAuto jingle on loop throughout the ride. (Can someone edit up a video overlaying this song over the ride experience?)

I realize I'm over a month late, but I just saw this post, and I couldn't resist the opportunity, so your wish is my command.

You're welcome :)

For some reason, I find that much funnier than I anticipated. Perhaps because it's midnight.

• Like 7