Wait times on FUN TV

Guest dtk1376

That's not always an accurate predictor either, though.

And then there's Fast Lane, which is much more likely to be purchased if a 30 minute wait is advertised as 45.

I was thinking the same thing this could be used as a prop to sell more Fast Lane passes. I can see your stated example happening often. I mean how often are the wait time signs that are placed out in front accurate?

At Six Flags Great America, a 30 minute Goliath wait had a permanent, painted sign out front--90 minute wait. Not "from here." 90 minute wait.

At Six Flags New England, the Star Flyer (they would want me to say its name--think the more reliable, proven Six Flags version of

WindSeeker), had painted signs in line: 30 minutes from here, etc. Each overstated the wait by 100 percent (yet a certain former poster here always claimed Flags has poor dispatching. Oh, wait! The ops weren't spieling. That probably explains it!)

More Skip The Line Passes Sold--In a Flash!

• Like 1

The wait time estimates seemed accurate enough after the park emptied out due to heavy rain. Displayed times were 4-5 minutes for Diamondback, Delirium, and The Beast. The length of one cycle seems like a reasonable lower bound.

I do wonder how they're getting the data.

• Like 2

The wait time estimates seemed accurate enough after the park emptied out due to heavy rain. Displayed times were 4-5 minutes for Diamondback, Delirium, and The Beast. The length of one cycle seems like a reasonable lower bound.

I do wonder how they're getting the data.

It actually said "NO WAIT" for Backlot Stunt Coaster.

• Like 5

I've found the wait times (at the entrance to the ride) to be more accurate than some are making them out to be. I agree that they're overstated every time, but that's a fact of all aspects of life. Who's going to complain when they have waited 38 minutes on an estimated 45 minute wait? Far fewer than who wait an hour on a 45 minute wait. To think that posted wait times are just an elaborate scheme to sell Fast Lane is beyond ridiculous.

• Like 3

I've found the wait times (at the entrance to the ride) to be more accurate than some are making them out to be. I agree that they're overstated every time, but that's a fact of all aspects of life. Who's going to complain when they have waited 38 minutes on an estimated 45 minute wait? Far fewer than who wait an hour on a 45 minute wait. To think that posted wait times are just an elaborate scheme to sell Fast Lane is beyond ridiculous.

Not to mention, the measurements of time on those signs are incremental. There is no place to point the arrow for a 38 minute wait, so the most appropriate course of action that estimates the wait time while retaining the readability of the sign will often involve some degree of rounding.

I've always interpreted the 15 minute mark, for example, as meaning more than zero but less than 30 more than interpreting it as truly meaning 15 minutes.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I enjoy the Fun TV's at Kings Island, it actually gets me something to do when I am waiting in line, I especially like the Kings Island trivia, (though the trivia usually is easy, I still enjoy it.) .

I enjoyed the FUN TV, but I don't like that they took away almost all of the individual music for the rides. 

• Like 8