Pats Day at PKI Part 3 04/17/04

DegenRider

3rd visit to PKI for the season and the 1st where I actually used some of my goldpass perks. I arrived about 9:00am with my buddy Rob and we headed for Action Zone ERT.

Rob road Delirium while I watched. A few more pounds need to be lost before my fatty ass can fit in there without spine crushing action.

We then went to SOB and waited. I BSed with Drew and Erik for a bit and we got to know some of the SOB staff better.

The wait was on. We were determined to ride it today. We didn't know what to expect and finally it woke up and all was good. We arrived in SOB's station to see 2 trains on the track which was a good sign. We board in the very back and its off.

The ride is a major inprovement over last year. That rosebowl is nice and smooth. Your going alot faster thoughout the ride now. It feels like it. I assume you keep more speed due to less shuffling of the trains. The G's in the loop feel stronger as well. I applaud the people who did all the work GOOD JOB. Now fix the rest of the ride laugh.gif

We road again in the very front. I must say the SOB crew was on the ball. I believe the supervisors there help show that work ethic and prowess.

After that we decide to head to the flyers. We meet up with Rob's brother Chuck who called into work. We road the flyers for about 5 cycles and I was rocking em all day. I also was able to keep tub#8 at every cycle. After that went down to Beast.

I must of lost some weight Cause I was able to get in easilly and once again the seatbelts are no prob. I like the theme music on the ride. Although speaker placement is odd. The ride itself is same old beast. The Beast flyer crew also should recieve mention because they were flying yesterday as well.

After that its time for SOB again. Chuck and Rob ride in one of the worst seats in there opinion 2.1. I road behind them in 2.2 Smooth as silk and good power!

Chuck goes home and so does the mystery man tom we were with. Me and Rob are back alone. We head into HB for Scooby Doo's Haunted Castle. My guns were dead sad.gif. After that we attempted beastie but lines were long. We were HOT so it was WWC time.

Nothing more fun that White Water Canyon in the middle of april. Nice gold refreshing water. We were sniped too but the public sprayers. Nice and soaked. Lets go get on the train!

WOO WOO!

I wanted to pull a dollywood and jump off the train at the corny jokes. laugh.gif

I saw derbeast spoke for a second with him. Mentioing the corny jokes. Sheesh they were aful. <----low point of my day.

TRTR was next but as usual its broke. We left the line it repopens. Screw that POS. biggrin.gif

Me and Rob are tired and hungry. We head over to our Fav eatery. Bubba Gumps.

A nice po-boy sandwhich and some Forest gump and we were very relaxed. We took about a 45min break. After we were good and rested we hit up SOB again.

It was shift change and Drew asked if I had my cell on me. I said no sad.gif and that he was gonna ride some rides and we should catch up later. I said we should be at the flyers for a while later on and we should show him how to fly.

After another bilissful ride on SOB its Drews baby AE. Good to see everything working.

We went and Road Shake Rattle and Roll. We had some screamers. God did we have screamers on there.

We road SBSP3d and after 2 slow downs were on <---longest wait of the day.

I purchased a water bottle and drank and drank and drank. I was dehydrated a bit. We rested and waited for Drew to show up. Well he shows up with Sparky, Spark'ys GF,unnamed girl.

We all ride the flyers and boy does drew suck. I mean I have seen suck before but ive seen kids fall into it better than he does. He has NO moves. HE SUCKS DREW YOU ARE HEREBY PUT IN FUNK U. THE FLYERS SCHOOL! GOD YOU SUCKEd laugh.gif

We parted ways again and me and Rob did another round and headed to SOB.

We saw Sparky and drew and the ladies and said our goodbyes.

We road SOB and we were beat.

We left to out parking spot in the free NON Goldpass lot IE the closest regular spaces in the park.

We went home. I crashed. I woke and I wrote a TR

Yeah, I was driving Eagles when his group came on. Definatly best snappers of the morning. Also, thanks for complementing our crew. These seatbelts are a pain, but we are trying our hardest to keep riders moving. And I also rode SoB yesterday. SoB crew is doing very well. They were able to keep the line moving quickly, 30 minutes max wait.

Great Trip Report!!!

I plan on going to PKI for the FIRST TIME EVER next week. You said you had trouble getting on some rides because you are too big. How big are you. I'm a big fellow myself and I was wondering what things I should look out for. wink.gif

I'm short and fat not a great combo.

No bruises. Very sunburnt.

CKchillen said[Do you have any tips for me?]

The only way [you] will know for sure is to try it. Any one can tell what they have experience but you have to try it for yourself. Every ride at PKI is great. Try them all see what you like. Sorry to get off topic.

Great TR