The hidden mural behind the Fisher Homes Child Care Center at KI

BoddaH1994

A few years ago when the old baby care center was torn down, a mural from the Hanna Barbara days was briefly revealed before the new building was erected. It's likely that the mural was painted over before they built the new building, but enjoy the Easter egg. Does this spark any nostalgic memories to anyone on here?

2099B8BC-7BCA-435E-9207-5F23F9AA907D.jpeg

• Like 3

Why of course it does!  I was born in the 70's and I remember two locations that were drilled into my head:  The Tower to meet if lost and Lost Parents to meet if really lost!  While I don't remember this mural specifically, I do remember the grand old days of HB.  I saw a HB special on TV the other night, centered around Scoob.  Brought memories flooding back.  

I'm glad the Peanuts gang is carrying on the tradition.  We really enjoyed the character photo ops this summer at the petting zoo area.  I wish the characters were more ingrained into the park--the Snoopy Fountain show would be great to start.

And when I see pictures of the Nic era, and think it looks awful, I have to remind myself that the generation that grew up with those characters cherish them as much as I do the HB characters.  Objectively, some of the HB characters were out there too! ;)

• Like 1

That’s a really cool find, Ryan!

Also, I am one of those who grew up with both Hanna-Barbara and Nickelodeon (specifically, Nick Central- the area transformed into Nick Universe when I was older) and while I look back fondly on those themes, Planet Snoopy works as a kids area as it unifies all the attractions under one umbrella (Nick Universe did this too, but some themes were holdovers from the Nick Central days).

I remember that mural being revealed during the off-season and scouring old photos to try and find it in an old picture. Turns out it was inside of the original Lost Parents location, pictured here (courtesy KIExtreme). The buildings painted around it were based off International Street's own shops/restaurants, and the two small blue windows directly to the left of Lost Parents were also revealed when the old baby care center was demolished.

884499-R1-04-4.jpg

• Like 3