Is it fun to work at PKI?

flightoffear1996

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The '05 season will be my 5th year at the park! I'm already being called a lifer! I've really enjoyed working at the park, and I have made a lot of friends and I meet my wonderful girlfriend there as well. It's been very rewarding. They have scholarships too.

As of going to the park for free, your ID does work like a season pass and you have to enter and exit through the employee entrance at Gate 3. I really enjoyed going to the park with my friends (I would give them the free tickets we get) for the first year, but after that I was in the park so many hours that I never wanted to go and play. Just depends on what you like I guess.

Was that why that thing happened at Racer?  The lapbars aren't in a circle?  biggrin.gif  Just joking!  You know I love you. wink.gif

Well, kinda... I mean, um.... I learned my lesson after numerous people from Coney tried mauling me for the next two weeks after the incident, but... I'm not a big fan of working on coasters. I prefer to check bars in a circle. It's easy, and things like that racer incident won't happen on Delirium, becuase you know where you left off, and you can't exactly cross through the middle of the gondola. Besides, Hablo, you were on monster when that happened.

...and I love you too.

I wasn't.

I think KI is a fun place to work out... The whole incident at Racer is dumb. Whos in the right or wrong, it was a mistake, lets grow up and get over it guys. We have all not always been on our game 100% and to attack each other for a mistake when we already paid the consquences isn't fair. Anyways KI is a fun place to work at, thats my opinion, probably the most interesting job i've had. I like the people there and just all the friends and connections you can make in a season.

• 2 weeks later...
If you work on TRTR, it seems like the ONLY place you get sent to is HB.

Hmmm. I always got sent to either WWC or the Log Flume or skyflyer.

Woah, you can't blame anyone for that, but yourself. Same goes for me. I really can't blame anybody for my having to get sent to skyflyer all the time, because I was one of the few on my crew trained there. But, you were lucky enough to get flight-line trained and water sentry trained. So that's your fault, bud. My goal this year: try not to get skyflyer trained. (It's going to happen anyways, but whatever.)

If you work on TRTR, it seems like the ONLY place you get sent to is HB.

Hmmm. I always got sent to either WWC or the Log Flume or skyflyer.

And Tower.

Or Beast. Of course, it felt like The Beast/scooters/TRTR crews at the end of the 2003 season due to Josh being sup of both TRTR early in the season and then sup of Beast late.

To be honest, I didn't mind infield that much. The Dot/Drop crew made a bigger fuss out of it than it should have been. I've been out there for a while without a whistle, and my only gripe was that I couldn't get my signals across to the riders, because they couldn't hear me. I didn't think it was that boring, but then again, I've done an AD in west pie. NEVER AGAIN.

If you want to stay at one position all day, they normally will let you, but you most likely wont want to. Of course, I have seen one person ask to work from open to close at the exit of Zephyr, and actually did it! The supervisors are pretty good at rotating people from one position to another.

Brad, Cedric also took an Double at Scooters. Crazy man that Cedric. wink.gif

Brad, Cedric also took an Double at Scooters. Crazy man that Cedric. wink.gif

Everyone on Racer used to take doubles and shifts at Monster and Monster only. One guy on Racer did Monster pods his whole shift. RMBryan did a double at Monster, and I only did an open shift down there. We called them Monster Marathons. And Mosnter-Mania. laugh.gif