Question About Our Troika

So I have long wondered if shake, rattle, and roll is our original troika from 1975 or if it was secretly replaced by a different troika? I remember that somewhere around 2015-2016 (can't remember the exact year anymore) that shake rattle and roll went missing and it was supposedly removed for refurbishment. The fact that in 2017 other parks in the chain (Carowinds, World's of Fun, Dorney) that previously didn't have troika received a troika as their new family ride addition for the season. I believe that the Carowinds and Dorney troika rides were relocated from other parks but I can't find any information about where the one at WoF came from. Is it possible that HUSS built a new troika rides for KI hence the complete removal of the ride for an entire season? It honestly doesn't matter to me because it's a great ride regardless but I've just always kinda wondered if it was the same ride or not ... 

1200px-Shake,_Rattle_&_Roll_(Kings_Island)_2009_01.jpg

• Like 1

I could be off-base, but I was always under the impression that WoF's Troika and Condor were both products of that time in the mid-2010's where Cedar Fair sent representatives to Europe to buy some classic flat rides that have become less available nowadays stateside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think its still the original ride from 1975. Of course, I have no proof other than just really taking time to look at the ride itself, it is an older machine. Newer rides just have an all-together different feel to them, but this one just feels like an old ride not to mention again, looking at the main hub, it looks like it has seen a lot of Mid-western sun and weather. 

But again, this is all just going from feel and looks. I suppose someone would have actual proof of it being the original or not somewhere. 

The next time you ride it, look on the metal base in the center that covers the motor and all of the hydraulic pumps, etc.  It will have a name plate on it somewhere quite visible, and it will very likely have the date of manufacture clearly stamped into the metal.

EDIT:  Also, the one at WoF is dope because it runs like a scrambler at the end of the ride cycle for quite a while with the cars at ground level, I wish SR and R or Troika did that.

• Like 1