Action Theater Revival!

kingsislandfan1972

If Kings Island brought back the 3-D Action Theater, in what ways would you change it or would you like it as it was? For me since they had two screens, I'd say every year on one screen have a new 3-D show and on the other screen bring back a show from the past like one year they can have the Days Of Thunder year maybe SpongeBob or James Bond and so forth. As for a new movie maybe something along the lines as 3-D tour around Kings Island or something to do with Outer Space like the theming in Area 72, I would also like them to bring back the moving seats but that's just me brainstorming ideas, what do you think? :)

• Like 1

I would really love to see this make a come-back. It was such a fun experience and another place to go on a hot day to find relief in AC. It was also a nice way to break up the traditional riding experience of flats and coasters. There are a lot of possibilities at play if they ever brought it back. Especially now in the digital age where they no longer have to worry about physical film (then again I believe I once saw a photo of Kentucky Kingdom's motion theater using floppy discs! ). I realize if they were to revitalize the AT they would need to do some serious upgrades from the projection system to the sound system to the actual simulator system itself. But I think it would be really cool. If they were to take advantage of any of the merger stuff ( if legally able to do so ) they could have something Peanuts related on one side and something DC related on the other. Imagine a 3-D Batman experience on one side where you're jumping, fighting and running through Gotham City and on the other side of the theater have a Flying Ace experience  where you're ducking and diving and doing silly Snoopy antics. I could see both themes being a good time for everyone.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

I would really love to see this make a come-back. It was such a fun experience and another place to go on a hot day to find relief in AC. It was also a nice way to break up the traditional riding experience of flats and coasters. There are a lot of possibilities at play if they ever brought it back. Especially now in the digital age where they no longer have to worry about physical film (then again I believe I once saw a photo of Kentucky Kingdom's motion theater using floppy discs! ). I realize if they were to revitalize the AT they would need to do some serious upgrades from the projection system to the sound system to the actual simulator system itself. But I think it would be really cool. If they were to take advantage of any of the merger stuff ( if legally able to do so ) they could have something Peanuts related on one side and something DC related on the other. Imagine a 3-D Batman experience on one side where you're jumping, fighting and running through Gotham City and on the other side of the theater have a Flying Ace experience  where you're ducking and diving and doing silly Snoopy antics. I could see both themes being a good time for everyone.

I like the DC idea I can totally see a Batman themed show especially with the Six Flags merger!

• Like 1