According to Screamscape

KIBeast

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Addams Family!.. ah yes my favorite Paramount Movie... FOF's building would be so easy to transform into the Addams Mansion so yes I could see that happening as well.

NO!!! Please no, not FOF becoming AF!! sad.gif AF needs to be a different type of coaster IF it gets built.

No, what Screamscape is refering to is any mention of the Hanna Barbera trademarked chareacters. Such as no longer calling it Hanna Barbera Land, Yogi`s Sky Tours, Atom Ant Airways, Alley Cat 500, Scooby`s Ghoster Coaster, etc. The one ride that will remain is Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle because Paramount Parks bought a special license from Sally Dark Rides when they installed it in 2003. I remember from a while back that the Paramount Park Hanna Barbera rights expired at some point in 2009, which is just around the corner!

-OFF TOPIC-

According to ScreamScape-IOA Central tells us that the Green Slime Geyser, an icon of the park since it opened, has been removed as part of the closing of the Nickelodeon Studios. A local news report also reports that the actual studio side of the business will close down completely by the end of June. This has brought up a new question then... with this seeming to be the end of all things “Nick†in the park, how much longer will the Jimmy Neutron ride keep running? I can only imagine that they signed a separate agreement when they spent the money to create the ride film, but clearly if they no longer want to offer the Nick brand, they may not want to keep the ride open either. In fact, I’ve heard one rumor claim that they may attempt to strike a deal to bring back the old Funtastic World of Hanna Barberra ride film, but to be honest I don’t think that would be a good idea either. Anyone know more?

MAN I hope they do bring back a NEW version of The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera!!! I would take that over that awful Nicktoons ride any day.

"According to ScreamScape-IOA Central tells us that the Green Slime Geyser, an icon of the park since it opened"

Huh? Thats only been there for what, maybe 8 years?

I know I'm old, but I agree that I don't see how anybody could like that Nickelodeon crap over Hanna-Barbera characters. Maybe Paramount will get smart...who knows...

Just to clarify things. PKIfan73, Scooby Doo was refering to Universal Studios in Orlando. Nickelodeon is closing its studios there (which was home to several classic Nick shows like Wild and Crazy Kids, Guts, Legends of the Hidden Temple among others).

The Nickelodeon section at PKI was introduced in 1995 as Nickelodeon Splat City. The location of the Nick Theater and Runaway Reptar was home to the Sunshine Turnpike through the entire 1993 season before being removed. The site was converted to vacant midways in 1994 with green "slime" bubbling up from a crack in the midway. Then Nickelodeon Splat City was transformed into Nick Central in 2001 with the introduction of Runaway Reptar and Wild Thornberrys River Adventure.

Oh man I if the Funtastic world of HB comes back I will be there so fast..I agree that new nicktoon flim is stupid and awful I liked the HB film more plus USF has HB walk-arounds! unlike a certain park near where I live.... dry.gif

^^ That would be nice if the funtastic world of HB returned but over at screamscape they are saying a lotta things and the thing that gets me is they are now calling the FoF re-theme MTV SHOCKWAVE...It's Mtv Soundwave not Shock laugh.gif

A lot of Screamscape's news is old as well. As of 5/30, they reported that a couple of riders who were injured on Dragster are now suing CP. I heard that same thing about a month ago at Coasterbuzz.

Everybody LISTEN! Screamscape's "sources" are websites and communities like PKIC, so what we discuss on here, is what goes on screamscape. Anyone can contribute a bugos rumor on screamscape and it will be posted. Screamscape has no clue what's going on next year at PKI because I can guarantee you that no major roller coaster is going to be taken out next year.

Now if you want to take a hint on what's coming to PKI in 2006, all you have to do is pay attention to the surveys PKI gives out. Better yet, try to remember what the last one you took was about.

the news on screamscape is really creeping me out, because now they're rumoring either Vortex, top gun, fof, or Son of Beast to be torn down. i HIGHLY doubt sob would be torn down (even though this is just a rumor); im thinking that they could get new cars for the ride. or is it the actual track thats been getting a lot of people hot under the collar?

Did no one read what I said?

I did, and Dan is right. Screamscape is just RUMORS! Wait till the middle of the summer when they announce whats coming. None of those coasters are going, anyone with common sense can see that......they all run fine and are kept up and they have great capacity. Screamscape is full of crap, wait till PKI announces it, then if Screamscape was right you can come up to me and slap me.

^If they remove any of those coasters (Racers, Vortex, Top Gun, or SOB) next year, you may all slap me. But dont worry, I wont feel the flesh of any of your hands anytime soon.

I heard that they were gonna tear down Vortex and gun and use the steel to add on to the eifel tower after they tear down The Racers and use the wood to construct a bridge to a new expansion of the park that will feature the worlds fastest carousel that reaches speeds of over 127 miles per hour!!!!

Yes Dan, I read your post. I also stated twice to take Screamscape rumors with a grain of salt as they are often wrong. As a matter of fact, it was in my very first post. Or, did you read?

Screamscape simply regurgitates rumors that he (Lance) receives and thinks to be true. If you noticed, he tried to get a firm sense on the rumor, from several "insiders." However, instead of naming the same ride, they named several, so he posted what had happened. We`ve heard wild rumors posted on here before, and we know them to not be true.

CombatStupendous89, who said the park will make an anouncement this summer about next year`s ride? They have been known to make anouncements in the fall (or later). Runaway Reptar and Wild Thornberrys River Adventure were announced in February (although they were by that time confirmed at various winter coaster enthusiast events). And Face Off and Drop Zone were annoounced in early September of 1998.